The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. rodney2000000

rodney2000000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    don't know if anyone in here would know if smyths are going to be stocking the power of the primes optimus. I know kapow stock him but with the 20% of if you hand in your toys r us gold card I think it would be a steal last few visits there the had a couple of voyagers but not much else

• Like Like x 2
  2. Saito Satoru

Saito Satoru smile

News Credits:
    Saw this a while ago, was not disappointed. And why are the pics making CW Devy looks nice? I don't want him dang it!

• Like Like x 2
  3. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Sweet mother of pearl. No. I genuinely would not want that, impressive though it is. If that was in my house I'd have no chance of convincing anyone that toys don't rule my life. And they don't. Honest.

The real Rossum's Trinity are the bots of the day. Love the subtle(ish) love triangle between these three in MTMTE/LL. I look forward(ish) to seeing it blow up in all their faces.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  4. Convoy

Convoy 90's Robot

@MyTea Boc That Metroplex is mind blowing, it look like those wooden car garage/road sets I used to play with in the creche as a kid

@bcm77 you've thought about this alot! Do you know something you're not telling us. In a post apocalyptic world I'd be a shopkeeper. You can never attack shopkeepers in RPGs / Computer games. Though in movies they probably always get robbed and killed... hmmm

Good bye minibots. Has there ever been a good CHUG cliffjumper?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 10
  5. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    IDW June solicits are up!

[​IMG]

YES!

Now I can go home and try to recreate that cover in a totally off model style.

• Like Like x 7
  6. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Do you smell that?

Ebay:
    I waited for the UW Devy myself - elbow articulation was a must for me. Damn fine figure. One half of my brain wishes Devy and the upcoming Predaking where more in scale with the other CW/POTP combiners, but the other half just keeps repeat 'MASSIVE ROBOTS' over and over again.

The three best representations of those characters. At least at the CHUG scale. Ratchet & Drift in the comics are comedy gold.

It is quite like the old wooden garages we had as kids! As for a decent CHUG cliffjumper, the GDO Cliffjumper is pretty nice, it a bit pea-headed.

[​IMG]

It would be nice to have one at the Legends scale though, that isn't the Gen 30 repaint of Bumblebee

• Like Like x 9
  7. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Do you smell that?

Ebay:
    I hope they dedicate 10 pages to bots just lining up to slap the shit out of Getaway.

• Like Like x 9
  8. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Totally. I ship those two over Rodimus and Drift.

• Like Like x 6
  9. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    '..don't change back.'

AMBIGUITYOFACAT37.jpg

• Like Like x 21
  10. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    Fucking Odin's Trousers make that IKEA you flat-packed bastards!!!!!

And in not-long-for-this-World News I apparently have a box incoming betwixt 1.14-2.14...........and the Missus hasn't gone out. Yet. It'll be a damned close run thing at this rate and it's been nice knowing you all. Well, most of you anyway.......

• Like Like x 16
  11. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Well, dinosaurs are pretty much giant chikkens so ain't nobody gonna come up with a better term IMHO!
    Your guide was an absolute boon (if you haven't seen my salutation there already, HUGE MASSIVE props for the guide)!
    Despite a heart-rending moment this morning where I had misplaced the sixth screw (I think it had ended up in Tryptie's torso as, after some jostling about of him over my bed where I disassembled him) during the desperate search it suddenly reappeared!
    So screwed and glued he's finally in the altogether!
    DSC_0025 (1).JPG
    What an Absolute UNIT!
    It's absolutely clear you are 100% correct that Hasbro borked the construction and that gear "lid" should have been glued from the off because with it properly secured that tail joint is now a nice, to quote Vangelus, "buttery" detent of a soft *Thunk* and not a spine-chilling *SNAP!* or *CRACK!*!
    It's quite amazing that half an hour or so under the toolbox has made the hips so much less scary and more the standard Titan class clickety-ping (I believe that's also Welsh for "Titan"). Though for my tastes his knees are a bit weak, I have to be careful about where his weight goes to prevent him squatting all the time. He really seems designed for a more scientifically-inaccurate Grimlockian upright stance than even the box back has him in! I don't mind an accurate-to-80s-science look though.

Not sure my door is any straighter after it's overnight press but as you can see it sits flat enough under Full Tilt's weight in dino mode (and also in base & "Nemesis" modes) that I'm not going to risk borking it in pursuit of perfection. Though the right corner does still pop easy, it seems to hold rayght enough, if I close it by clicking that in first.
    Hasbro's fault again I reckon. They didn't factor in the box being stored flat on it's back for extended periods of transport and/or storage, the door just isn't designed with taking the force of Full Tilt and the connector's weight in that lateral plane/direction. If they been packed unattached to the door I believe there's a strong chance it would have been a much more minimal to maybe even zero occurrence as a QC issue.
    Definitely detach 'em when putting him away, and maybe band the door for good measure.

He sure feels denser than Max but I *think* that's because, in Dino mode at least, he's roughly the same amount of plastic in a more compact form.
    I'm not weighing 'em to find out for sure because Max being lighter would irrationally annoy me. I mean I'm sure the electronics took a bite out of his budget too but the way they too was nerfed in comparison to (at least US edition un-nerfed) Metroplex's colourful phrases is still a niggle for me.

He's an awesome bit of toy, no doubt, (I'm particularly impressed by the ankle tilt on legs that bifurcate in transformation!) but I wouldn't have punted over £80 for him, especially with all the labour involved in fixing him.
    Not feeling anything for the character of him, though again I don't think I connected to him so much even in the G1 days, but Nemesis command still appeals.
    Let's see what effect a bit of stickering has then, eh?

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 12
  12. scamper

scamper Well-Known Member

lol - so not dissimilar to my mahoosive box of lego that turned up at work yesterday in full view of several high level managers - and worse, the missus ( yes, I'm one of those nutjobs who works with their significant other) - there were several 'bloody hell, what have you got in there??' comments - and the deathly stare of the wife... #shudders#
    and then of course, an amazon parcel turned up later the same day.. ( Screamer and Tailgate)

on the plus side, I've got a couple of really nice Infinity war sets to build over the weekend....

• Like Like x 7
  13. Large

Large Currently blablabla

News Credits:
    it's funny how -and I'm the romantic type, I ship Quake with Sans from Undertale- I never get/had this romantic feeling anywhere between Ratchet and Drift in all my readings.
    It's so textbook father and son dynamic in every level to me. Could be that english not being my first language I'm missing something but yeah, for the life of me I can't see it.
    It would be like, I don't know, Jake and Locke (basically Ratchet and Drift, in reverse!) having sexual/romantic tension or something.

... Oh my god don't tell me I actually missed something that big in Lost.

[​IMG]

(Don't get me wrong my sweet barry mo, I'm all for a Doc & Samourai ship for the funsies and the beauty of it) (I mean, my Quake is actually in my Sans arms as I type this)

• Like Like x 6
  14. Large

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 9
  15. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    When Napalm gets it that right............it's very, very righteous indeed.

• Like Like x 10
  16. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Isn't that the dirty little secret of Love between men both Heteronormative and Homosexual, without the context of sexualisation they are virtually indistinguishable, innit? You can read it either way. See all that (Pre-Internet) Slash about Han & Luke, Kirk & Spock, heck, you can go back to Holmes & Watson!

• Like Like x 6
  17. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopathâ„¢

News Credits:
    I'll be honest the fact that POTP Darkwing uses the name of one of my favourite Disney cartoons provides no end of amusement.

Dreadwind: FOR THE LAST TIME I AM NOT LAUNCHPAD AND WE DON'T NEED TO GET TO THE THUNDERQUACK BECAUSE WE BOTH TURN INTO JETS YOU FRUIT LOOP!

• Like Like x 9
  18. Large

News Credits:
    Hey, I mean even a father and son dynamic doesn't imply that love is out of the equation (haha now that would make some people absolutely mad at Roberts and comics, almost as mad as Drift converting to space islam)
    It's just me not seeing it in the book (doesn't mean it's not there, that's the beauty of it, you feel it or not).

On another note -maybe even more important- that post of yours was an interesting treat for the aforementioned english reading comprehesion of mine.
    !

• Like Like x 4
  19. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Sorry that was a bit of a tester for the none-first languager but it did mean this:
    Without making the sexual relationship explicit any fiction expressing love between men can be read either way. I think this is more so in written fiction as performed fiction gets interpretation from the actors' choices of stressing certain words or delivery of phrasing but with reading you create those voices and nuances in your head, and a good author (which Roberts is despite my criticisms/disagreements) will write with that room for creation.

• Like Like x 3
  20. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

No insider knowledge, just a lot of sleepless nights where I come up with stuff like that :D 

I did wonder whether the shit may be about to hit the fan recently though as all of a sudden Hot Toys shipped a lot of figures in what was for them a relatively short space of time and I thought that the factories might be in a hurry to get a last batch of stuff out there before they all headed underground.

I'm guessing their president will be hoping the profits from the Infinity War lines clear the bank before the missiles start flying as that'll allow him to add a few more improvements to his Vault before he actually needs to move in.

Autobot Clone thoughts,
    Like their Decepticon counterparts they're very simple but an excellent demonstration of how effective retooling can be with enough thought put into it.

The colour scheme is oddly pleasing and they're in the sort of size range that has become my favourite. I just need the Nonnef guns and they'll be even better.

Iron Factory are doing a Combiner Hunter variant of their excellent Windblade figure so there'll be another figure from that story to go with Arcee.

• Like Like x 6