The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Do you smell that?

Ebay:
    See now I'm worried, still no shipping notice for my pre-order and they've released general stock. Maybe they've accidentally forgot to send it? Or maybe I'm just paranoid and impatient. Probably the latter.

Genuinely the first (and only do far) comic issues to ever get me choked up.

That would be my preference. Just a soft reboot to clean up some of the clutter from the revolution/ first strike events (please.. No more of them) and maybe giving a few of the writers a well earned break to let the creative juices replenish, so they can come back with a vengeance. And as you say let some new blood have a go.

• Like Like x 4
  2. scamper

scamper Well-Known Member

not sure if anyone's mentioned (think I might have seen this on twitter first, but my phone's having some 'issues' with an upgrade and randomly wiping account details), but POTP Starscream is currently on deep discount on Amazon.com - managed to snag him and Tailgate for a couple of pennies shy of £30...

got in a couple of older IF decepticons yesterday - Blitzwing and Sixshot - it's really startling how their QC has improved over a few years - Blitz is nice, but there's a few issues in transformation that worry me a bit - not opened Sixshot yet, but he looks lovely.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Thanks for the heads up! I'm going to try picking up a Screamer off UK shelf though, to support bricks & mortar TFs (& to try make sure I get a run change fixed-backpack one :ev: ).

BTW do we have any info on whether UK stock has the first run Screamer, a mix of both, or (please, please, please) just fixed ones?

• Like Like x 3
  4. scamper

there was an issue with screamer?

• Like Like x 1
  5. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Totally. And you know, I really think the formal experiment of having the message made up of panels of other bots words made it feel that much more poignant for me. I miss the days when Roberts used to play with the form more, like this example and and MTMTE#12 'Before and After'.

Bots of the day!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That Elita-1 and Moonracer look so bloody good together makes me even sadder that we're not getting a full team.

Moonracer is a joy. All the things I thought would annoy me, like the hefty backpack and the massive calf kibble, don't seem to bother me a jot in hand. The mold has so much character, style and charm, and I love the vehicle mode. If this is some sort of taste of the kind of Cybertronian alt modes we'll see in the new WfC then that's fine by me. It's one of the few PotP deluxe alt modes that's enhanced by the combiner hand/armour. The clear plastic and the deco work together for great effect. She really stands out and grabs your attention. Moonracer is up there with Swoop, Rippersnapper and Jazz in the 'top deluxes of the line' stakes.

Elita-1 looks a lot, lot better than Starscream. There were a lot of things that bummed me out about PotP Starscream, but with Elita-1 it's just those disproportionately large (and misassembled) legs. Elita-1's head and arms seem much more in scale. As the seeker style wings were never a big part of her silhouette I'm quite happy to have them sit as pictured below. It does help differentiate Elita-1 from Starscream, which I'm all for. She's not great, admittedly. None of the PotP Voyagers have wowed me, alas. That said, I'm glad to see Elita-1 at Voyager scale. It certainly gives her the gravitas the character deserves.

• Like Like x 10
  6. Toadimus Prime

Toadimus Prime Fluffy moogle enthusiast

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Today I am mosy wondering why I didn't ask for a fallout shelter as a wedding present. You know, just in case. The robots could all move in there with me.

Skyblackshadow continues to impress me. I'm not sure that he's better than Sixshot - it's comparing apples to oranges in a lot of ways - but his robot is genuinely fantastic. Much like Sixshot he's remarkably kibble free. I think a reasonably priced Overlord will have to be found, although his design does look quite plain by comparison.

So, along with Overlord, my remaining TR must haves are Kup, Twin Twist, and Broadside. I wouldn't mind Misfire/Slugslinger or Perceptor, but I can cope without them for now. I think it's on to Dinobot wrangling for me now!

• Like Like x 8
  7. Mixmaster

Mixmaster 4F 68 A0 54 69 74 73 21

News Credits:

I got my Tailgate from Amazon.com, he came in just a Jiffy bag. The card didn't make it in particularly good shape from the other side of the pond.

8. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Do you smell that?

Ebay:
    They look so good together. Can't wait for them to land on my doorstep.

• Like Like x 2
  9. scamper

same happened with my Beachcomber - not a big fuss as I'm not a MISB/MOSC collecter...

10. PAPY OPTI

PAPY OPTI Robo friendly

Anybody for a MIB Sunstreaker? I still find him a marvel of engineering but enthusiasm has dampened now and fact is he stayed in his box since the only one day I got him out.

Again a definitely great fig, but I feel so much more joy getting back to TFP line that I’ll only keep very few G1 MP figs.

Anyway enough babbling, if anyone wants mine then drop me a PM. £80 shipped.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Not a major one, the first run Screamer's winged backpack doesn't peg/lock in in bot mode orientation like Elita-1(and running-change Screamer)'s does. Unless you're unlucky enough to get one that also has a loose swivel (if it's not a V1.5) it's not terrible his wings don't flop-rotate but it is easy to knock 'em askew as they aren't locked. Mainly an irritation but I'm gonna need to scratch that itch myself.
    The way to tell if you have the fixed one is the split in the wingpack's rotational port side as show in THIS News Post.
    Heartily agreed and I'm hoping in the same fashion that she is indicative of the upcoming Cybertronian modes aesthetic, in part because I hope we get another pair of Galbot limbs snuck in there as Deluxe wave fillers maybe. I'd even settle for all four being the same car re-deco'ed, or better yet (if not a more thorough remould or new mould) a wheels-for-wings swap remould to make Air Vehicon-ish aerial versions, because the limb modes are great IMO. Itching for Novastar at least now!
    I'm no fetishist but that foot issue is a real bugger. Thank heavens for the rather intuitive construction of current TFs but still a nerve-wracking process! Here we part ways though, Mr. Barrington, as Hun-Gurrr is the only TOTP that didn't impress me, I dunno but it seems I was/am way more into the Combiner gimmick & aesthetic than I ever contemplated! She's only bloody sold me on seeking out the second fixed Screamer I wasn't going to bother with for economy!
    I do wish they'd gone with his foot flaps being sleek like hers though, his disco boots reek of a rampant surge of the NotGays/We-Can't-Give-Him-"Girly"-Feet.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 8
  12. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Vive le difference mon frere! I'm always a bit glad that someone is enjoying the figures that I'm not so much into.
    I'm really rather blah on most of the combiners we're getting in PotP, with only really Abominus exciting me. Maybe if I was feeling ElitaONEfinite, Volcanicus and uh, big Starscream a bit more I'd be into these Voyagers?
    On reflection, I think Elita-1 might be the most satisfying of these Voyagers. Pick'o'the bunch.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The thought of the DJD done this well at this scale makes my pleasure zone resonate like a well played bassoon.

WARRIORSUNITED.jpg

• Like Like x 21
  14. gtf316

gtf316 Nuked in the face.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Beautiful pic @Napalm

So after reconsidering Trypticon to go with my decepticon legends, I now want Maketoys Utopia to go with my Autobots.

This change in scale was supposed to save me money.

Sigh.

Anyone got a cheap Utopia going spare before I drop 300 squidwards on one?

• Like Like x 10
  15. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    I would also agree with this, she squeaks Grimlock because he really should be at least 5% chunkier/larger.

I keep meaning to have a quick fiddle with the individual Dinos but keep getting stuck staring longingly at Volcanicus. Depending on what it turns out to be I'm most likely in for the Dinos box set unless Hasbro reeeeeeally cock it up.
    Overall TOTP's Combiner Wars 2.0 engineering does feel very much like a refinement, which is why Gals from head to knees only is a bit gutting. Hasbro, please fix it for me?

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiit, when you put it like that £300 for Utopia makes LG 'Plex for £225 squids seem dangerously (for my wallet) reasonable! :redface2: 

• Like Like x 4
  16. gtf316

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd briefly considered Plex at £225, but I used to own the Generations one and he was very lanky and hollow. Not what I want from that character.

Utopia looks far sturdier built, scales better with TR Tryps and has the 'Iron Factory hench' proportions that I love so much.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Cheers dude. I am watching your foray into 3P Legends with familiar eyes. I got Utopia, Gammadim and Devil Stinger to complement my smol bois :lol 

• Like Like x 5
  18. gtf316

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm definitely a 'Scorponok is about Magnus height' kinda guy so I'm on the look out for the IF one.

Hoping either IF do a Supreme about the height of their Bruticus or the rumours of Dx9 downscaling Gabriel for WIP are true.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Oh, I'm in no way trying to dissuade you from Utopia because this is what I'd figured were your reasons, plus that David & Goliath scaling is quite appealing to me too, but I just had to sublimate the urge by expressing vocally about your accidental side-enablement of my inner 8-year old! :lol 

• Like Like x 4
  20. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    BWAHAHAHA. 'Save money'. That's like, crazy talk.

• Like Like x 7