The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Autoclot

Autoclot Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

Forbidden Planet can get them - they were definitely in stock in the Manchester branch. Probably cost you more money though :( 

3. Decepticreeps100

Decepticreeps100 Bite your face

Why, thank you Sir

• Like Like x 2
  4. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Bot of the day! It's old grumpy tits himself. Going back to the conversation I was having earlier in the week with my esteemed colleague @MyTea Boc yer G1 Brawn makes for a shit Transformer but a sweet little toy. That said, my defining Brawn memory is of him fucking shit up in 'The Enemy Within' back in those wonderful early days of TF:UK before the got the cartoon style guide and based everything off the toys. So when I pick up ol' G1 Brawn that's what I think of.
    A year on and TR Brawn remains, very much, 'the tits'! Can't wait to see this mold with Outback's antipodean smirk on it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 13
  5. Avon

Avon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Give me Outback or give me - er, well, disappointment, I guess...

But seriously - I really want this (re)mold as Outback!

• Like Like x 4
  6. Decepticreeps100

He's dreamy, certainly a more rounded individual than his hook handed forebear which I adore

• Like Like x 3
  7. Decepticreeps100

_20170207_232818.JPG

• Like Like x 11
  8. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    So sad. Let's hope we don't see the Entertainer and Smyths get in a Thunderdome price war, then the winning franchise elevate their pricing when they dominate the market just as TRU did.
    Corporations never seem to learn Top Dog is not a permanent post, unless you bite down hard and keep fighting for it.

Speaking of fighting for it, I thought I was doing great, walking out of the house in perfect time for the sluggish bus that would get me to work on time. Until 10 minutes into the 15-long stroll into town, that I hopped off to take as it would be at least as fast as bus at that point (it was), me mobile rang.
    It was the boss asking if I'd got the text telling me I could stay home! D'oh! :lol 

Did an hour at work to get the postal tickets sorted (if postie gets there) (and also defrost a bit), then set off back home. Which is where I am now, no thanks to the bus driver.
    Y'see with the traffic being so slow, and service probably sporadic, I steadily made my way along the town's main drag from my regular nearest bus stop to the bus station itself (it's only one stop away), which offers better shelter, wifi and more proper service info, just in case buses were cancelled I'd know sooner.
    Sod's Law the bus I needed was just leaving the station as I reached the entrance BUT he had to stop as the pedestrian crossing at the station exit was against him. I pleadingly gesticulated a please can I get on at the driver, the Motherlicker just shook his head at me!
    Right.
    Gave myself a cardio workout jogging uphill in snow but also decided to even the odds in case the bus outpaced me.
    There are two more pedestrian crossings on the route back to the first stop.
    Reader, I pressed them both in passing.
    I don't know if they stalled the bus any, I damn well got on it though, and politely thanked the driver for the cardio workout as I did so.
    Plus the Wu Brawn cannon is ideal to finish the Cobber off!

• Like Like x 9
  9. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    My latest arrival was going to be my deskbot for today, but since work told me not to come in due to weather he's home with me instead.

c0QYrMr-0q9nYwywyFuqCxt9Jz1ZYh7Mnb-aUvK5_30.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  10. scamper

scamper Well-Known Member

@Seeaich - not playing devils advocate, but having a bit of inside knowledge ( my Dad drives busses at the weekends), they're under strict instruction to not pick anyone up at non-designated stops ( think it's a licensing/insurance thing) - being a pedestrian and non-driver, I've been forever pissed off with this happening, so I completely sympathise...

• Like Like x 5
  11. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Also, sorry, RM, but I call Bullshit...
    Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 11.26.06.png
    ...there may be an "inaccessiblity" issue due to staff transport, etc. but you didn't even make the attempt now, did you, eh?
    I don't mind the delay but this notice is utter BS.
    I understand that potential aspect of it but Bus Drivers are a lottery, some follow regulation to the letter (and take a little too much pleasure in so doing), some when it suits them, and a few follow the spirit with a bit of applied reason. This fella was a jobsworth, and all meekly shruggy when I got on board. If he'd apologised and stated that, a simple short sentence causing no delay would have sufficed, I would have respected that. Not even a, "Sorry, mate. I couldn't."
    As someone who recently had to back up a driver against some surly, pranking teens you don't have to tell me about the difficulties of the job.

• Like Like x 9
  12. gtf316

gtf316 Nuked in the face.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yay!
    Screenshot_20180228-113858.png

• Like Like x 3
  13. scamper

again, fully agree - there's some that are lovely and frankly too good for the bus company, but there are other, horrible sods who are just a disgrace - like the female drive the other week who launched into a full-on racist attack on a young polish mother who was trying to get her kid to school - didn't speak English too well, so didn't know the age that kids had to pay, Driver completely lost her shit, telling her to f off home and not sponge off workers - actually went out of my way to go to the bus station on my lunch hour to report her...

• Like Like x 10
  14. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Oh, Christ! The racist ones are the worst, ploughing past elderly asians clearly stood at stops/shelters, or getting pernickety about minor transactional errors when they have to let 'em on.

• Like Like x 5
  15. incapable hulk

incapable hulk I am the Liquor

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I bloody hope they did something about it.

• Like Like x 12
  16. Dreago

Dreago 3 whole bits!

Twitter:
    As @Seeaich says, it's more a problem of them being put over a barrel if this article is true.
    How Private Equity Killed Toys “R” Us

2016 saw TRU make a $29Mi loss, but that was after servicing a $400mi/year debt repayment on it's own buy out. think, without that leveraged buyout debt, $300mi in profit to reinvest in stores, and supply chains, and a better website, and staff retention and training? It may be down to a lack of investment, but the lack of investment is because the company had billions in debt dumped on it. It's not complacency, it's being done over and left in a mess. What a shambles.

• Like Like x 6
  17. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Thanks for the link, @Dreago, time for a timely reposting methinks!

• Like Like x 1
  18. beardy

beardy Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.

Otto's loving his native weather.
    Seeing him bound around like a puppy in it this morning was awesome :) 
    20180228_110343.jpg

• Like Like x 17
  19. Rodentus prime

Rodentus prime Old Git

News Credits:
    I've seen nothing but a few flakes down here so far - I think the south coast start getting blasted the next two days.

20. scamper

likewise - Bath is Sunny and freaking freezing, but no snow - brief 20 min flurry yesterday afternoon, but came to nothing.

Thursday/Friday look ominously dodgy though...