The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. doucoo

doucoo U're an idiot Starscream!

Ebay:
    yip, the media are scum, utter scum

might be interested in what you are selling. looking for some 3rd party stuff.

give me a shout when you have your list together

[/QUOTE]

VANESSA! good to see you on here

• Like Like x 4
  2. gtf316

gtf316 Nuked in the face.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    @Knightdramon

Sell all of your toys!

Then, buy all of the smaller toys!

It's what all of the cool kids are doing.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Large

Large Currently blablabla

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Miss youuuu <3
    But nah, you're cooler. Which makes me... Freezer ?

• Like Like x 10
  4. Toadimus Prime

Toadimus Prime Fluffy moogle enthusiast

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    House of M always struck me as 'What if we re-did Age of Apocalypse, only made it boring?'. It felt a lot like Marvel trying to re-learn how to do big event comics (I think the last one before this was Maximum Security back in 2000?). They definitely had a better handle on it by the time they got around to Civil War.

All that and it managed to finish the hatchet job on the Scarlet Witch...

• Like Like x 4
  5. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I laugh cos I've been meaning to shift to a Legends scaled display only - with a great plan involving utilising Iron Factory and UT Palm figures, Maketoys and Planet X City 'bots, the WJ Ultima Guard and the odd Hasbro Titan, which come on, sounds fucking mint - but then I end up buying all this Gorira Prime, Barricade and.. and fucking Cy-Kill flavoured stuff.

Oh yeah, and Skycrusher. That's apparently en route too. Looks so damn good.

Maybe one day.

I could have the space to house such a display.

And all the other lovely guff.

Yes.

• Like Like x 8
  6. Large

News Credits:
    House of M is boring. Even Coipel is boring in it. Even the "ooooh Wolverine does remember everything now" at the end instantly become meh because "Sooo let Daniel Way deals with it lol."
    Only good thing is it gave us Layla Miller.

[​IMG]

Thank god for Peter David.

• Like Like x 6
  7. CaptainButtocks

CaptainButtocks Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Oh yeah - I forgot that PAD was the one writer to actually do anything with it. Poor old David Hine's book (and David's Mutant Town setting) got a proper shafting. X-Factor was a great wee book for a while.

I still love Joe Quesada's increasingly desperate attempts to defend it. "But now it's an exciting completely different setting where mutantkind are a tiny miinority, feared and hated by the world they're sworn to protect. That's TOTALLY DIFFERENT to the last 40 years, honest!"

The only Marvel 2000s crossover I really enjoyed was Messiah Complex. Oddly enough Grimlock at the end of this week's LL reminded me of Cable in issue six of that.

That being said, I thought some of the 80's and early 90's X-overs were very good and remain underrated. Fall of the Mutants, Inferno, X-Tinction Agenda being three which spring to mind. And Age of Apocalypse really was something different and exciting at the time.

• Like Like x 4
  8. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

To start with I wasn't 100% sure whether Legends would turn out to be more than a minor distraction but I went with it and they've overtaken Masterpieces as my main focus for Transformer collecting.

Being able to get so many figures on a shelf is a big plus point, not having to spend 20 minutes transforming a figure is another and the overall fun factor has been off the chain, between them and TR I rediscovered that part of collecting and stopped treating Transformers as glorified statues.

No worries on Black Shadow, if I can recommend any figures to get I'd start with IF Bruticus, it's insane how well done it is for ANY scale let alone Legends.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Vanessa

Vanessa G1 Bonecrusher's #1 fangirl

That was such a cool post. I can't post images because Photophucket sux.
    Anyways, just like the Littlest Hobo:
    "Every post I make, I make a new friend,
    Can't stay for long, just turn around and I'm gone again".
    *Waves*

• Like Like x 9
  10. Saito Satoru

Saito Satoru smile

News Credits:
    I'm midway at assembling a CHUG-scaled collection, and now people are switching to Legends? Words cannot describe how sad I am right now.
    Maybe after finishing the Prime cast. Maybe.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Imperator

Imperator and he drove the fastest milk-cart in the west.

YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Mang, figured it'd be photoshop. And here’s me devotedly still using a copy of Corel Photopaint from something like 1999.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Just bring in the GIMP!
    [​IMG]
    Nooooo, not that Gimp, this GIMP!
    download.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  13. Convoy

Convoy 90's Robot

@Seeaich if you get a chance and have it to hand, can you share a pic of the back of your TR laser to make the scabbard? Its time reassemble him

• Like Like x 1
  14. Toadimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    PAD really did a good jobe with her, and Darwin. X-Factor was like a home for wayward and forgotten X-characters!

'90s X-crossovers were ludicrous and OTT. I loved them! They really struggled post Onslaught. I still have a massive soft spot for Fatal Attractions. :) 

• Like Like x 4
  15. nice sideburns

nice sideburns Autobot Brother

Bagsy first dibs on a badcube grump if you have one you are moving on!?! ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  16. Decepticreeps100

Decepticreeps100 Covered in Scorpions, all covered in Scorpions

2018-03-04-22-41-23.jpg 2018-03-04-23-08-34.jpg 2018-03-04-23-02-55.jpg

• Like Like x 18
  17. nice sideburns

nice sideburns Autobot Brother

• Like Like x 5
  18. Large

News Credits:
    Yup, Son of M was quite nice, true.

Messiah Complex was good pop corn rip-off X-Cutioner's Song fun, it knows it was, embraced it, and delivered a nice read. Nothing fancy, nothing to follow it, just a loveable fun action pack. It still reads well.
    Inferno is still the best cross/event thing Marvel ever did. If I had good english, I'd made a loooong post about why.
    ... or I could just do that with one single boxe.

[​IMG]

Wab bap Wap indeed !

X-Tinction Agenda is a bloody editorial mess and... It shows in the book. I don't hate it. Don't like it either. To be fair as far as I'm concerned Clarmont's run end with Uncanny #269 (when I feel generous and love Forge and tentacles Jean sewers adventures. If not, #260 is a good ending point. Dazzler !). It's better than the following trip Genosha (Bloodties, I think ?) but it pales in comparison with the first one (an horrifying description of an apartheid state, a vision of the so promised dark futur (you know, totally not that one we currently aiming for), a superb look at the Rogue/Carol issue, and Madelyn is scary as hell in it). Damn those 4 issues are classic gold.

[​IMG]

Fall of the Mutants did began with an editorial mess too BUT was waaay more satisfying. Still a classic !
    Even the New Mutants issues are nice, mostly because I love the follow up about Doug death in NM #64, with Warlock not being able to understand the concept of death.
    + I just really like Brett Blevins.

[​IMG]

... Have to say i'm curious about the NM movie.

Speaking of NM... Time to Aubrey Plazza'd this place.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  19. Toadimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    @Large - yep, it was Bloodties. The only good thing about Bloodties was the development of Exodus, who was clearly meant to be a major threat and then never really did anything...

• Like Like x 2
  20. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

News Credits:
    With regard to the whole benefits and mental health issue, because of the ridiculous goalposts that the government set in place for sorting out if someone is 'legit' or not I would imagine the amount of people successfully 'fooling the system' is a lot lower than those claiming for physical issues simply because there is a culture of intimidation around any bloody claims now that puts the fear into so many mentally ill people that they either end up falling through the cracks or else being forced into job after job that is slowly killing them.

When I lost my last job I had just had a friend in exactly the same position put in for benefit and end up almost having another nervous breakdown over their tactics, which still ended in him getting fuck all.

I have one friend who is severely physically disabled who actually attempted suicide during the re-applying process they made him go through.

I was personally told that because my partner earned 'enough' money to live on, technically, I couldn't get a fucking thing.....despite the fact that we'd previously been only earning enough to just scrape by. So without my income we had about four months to live where we were before we'd have to find somewhere cheaper, in a worse area, providing we could get the deposit and first month's rent....with one income.

So I had to go back into a job market that had almost killed me, twice, because the minimal non-guaranteed support that may be available to me was out of reach because I was too ill to put myself through the hoops I needed to jump through to get it.

Basically, 'beware of the leopard'.

Some of us use all of our strength and will trying to function and stay alive, shoving us into a pointless labyrinth of bureaucracy, ineptitude and impossible targets could actually finish some of us off, and they know that and they do not fucking care.

• Like Like x 14