The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    You actually got money back from PPI? O_O

• Like Like x 2
  2. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Okay, I got 12 Sharkbois including two commanders, Sgt. Gnasty/Gnashty (I'm still not 100% which will be final yet) you've already met. His Senior Officer we'll come back to, which leaves 10 Little Sharkticons.
    Gnow we already have the canon name "Gnaw" with that it's 9 left to appellate, so with the bed changed & made, and with leaving the house dissuaded with further snow plus no real need to, that's what I've decided to have a go at so submitted for approval (and own use, if you like) to my fellow multiple-Gnaw owners as Follows:
    • Gneiss - Sgt. Gnasty/Gnashty's Good-but-Bad Left Right hand, makes up for his lack of ingenuity & intelligence with his loyalty and durability - but only if he understands the (very simple) orders given to him.
    • Gnarl - Wizened grizzly veteran Sharkticon not averse to the idea of self-preservation, all bluster, exceptionally quick for a Sharkticon, especially one his age (a rarity).*
    • Gnash - Nervous but eager for combat young Sharkticon, with an annoying (and ambush-ruining) habit of grinding his teeth in anticipation, no matter which mode, as well as his nervous fidgeting. Gnarl is often happy to let him lead the way.
    • Gnuckle - A curious circuitry misassembling has left this fierce brawler of a Sharkticon without the reflexive biting instinct of his Brothers-in-Jaws. The Quintessons can't be bothered to fix him as he still gets the job done as well as any other Sharkticon, even if it is by bludgeoning opponents into submission with Shark mode head-butts or bashing them to bits with his bare hands!
    • Gnibble - Cowering, cowardly wretch only dangerous when safely ensconced within the rest of the hoard. Prefers sneaking up on victims already distracted by fellow Sharkticons. Often having to give up his kill spoils to avoid confrontation with his more confident and combative comrades, leading to his constant snacking on scavenged scraps and morsels.
    • Gnathion - Considers himself an intellectual among Sharkticons, and he has demonstrated a keen cunning that makes him more dangerous even without the reinforcement of the rest of the horde, whilst at the same time he often overestimates his own ability and intelligence. Smart for a Sharkticon is not a high bar to clear, sometimes has to be bailed out of the situations he has gotten himself into by his Brothers-in-Jaws.
    • Gnabber - Gnuckle's exact opposite, biting is his life. Prefers to clamp on to his chosen target with a biting jawlock on a vulnerable area, stubbornly latching on until his target expires or collapses with exhaustion through injury. Prefers the kill to the feast, often moving on to his next prey without a second look at the last.
    • Gnark - Basically a living, festering boil of pure rage, ready to snap at the slightest provocation. As much a danger to his allies as his enemies. Off-duty Sgt. Gnasty/Gnashty will often keep him sedated, and sometimes even leave him in that more-managable state for battle!
    • Gnam - The resident Sharkticon gastronaut. Know to viciously bite, slash and rend his way through opponents, only to then carefully pick through the remains to extract his preferred morsels. Sometimes distracted mid-battle by the sight of a tasty treat. Strictly kept away from energon stores after the time he broke into a stash and gorged until he was too full to move, never mind battle.
    Going back to their Superior Officer, I felt he was looking a bit bland in comparison to Sgt. Gnasty/Gnashty but I like the idea he permits the bling so the Sergeant makes a more likely target in the event of shooters deliberately sniping officers. He did need a bit more marks of authority but subtler so that's what he got today:
    DSC_0027.JPG
    As well as a possible name.
    My gn- wordsearch threw up the word 'gnomon' which is the part of a sundial that casts the shadow, and means "one that knows or examines", and Lord Gnomon just sort of popped into my head.
    Now with Sgt. Gnasty/Gnashty it might seems Captain Gnomon would be the way to go but Lord appeals to me more. Like it shows an ambition somewhat mitigated by knowing his place, he's daredn't declare himself a King like our Grimster does at every opportunity!
    I went with green because of his eyes and green's relation to Quintessons, as I'm toying with the idea he's actually a literal Quintesson puppet, either an AI drone animated by a Quintesson controller, unaware of it's true nature as not fully alive, or a living Sharkticon whose consciousness is sometimes directly-controlled or overridden by the same but who doesn't realise some choices are not his own.

A little group pic-ery to show their differences...
    DSC_0026.JPG DSC_0025.JPG

* = The likelihood on one of the fellas getting eyepatched has dramatically increased with this, of course!

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
    • Like Like x 20
  3. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    I salute both your dedication to the Cause and the fact you were able to avoid infringing Tolkien Copyright on the names too.

Excelsior!

• Like Like x 5
  4. Underlord

Underlord Frontier Psychiatrist.

News Credits:
    Clacton UK, where houses randomly explode
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I agree with that, to me it seems to be scapegoating and an excuse to avoid a different issue.
    Can't unseen a robot Homer Simpson :lol 
    I'll just leave this here...
    25oh6t.jpg
    ;) 

• Like Like x 7
  5. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Really annoyed with myself that I missed the 'c' in "snacking" (now corrected) but I also can't claim that's a deliberate Tolkein riff.
    It does amuse me to think that there's a "Tolkein Sharkticon" among them. That "Tolkein White Guys" Black Panther gag still warms me cockles.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Skywarp SCS

Skywarp SCS AKA "Pretender Skywarp"

• Like Like x 2
  7. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    OOOh that cyber battalion shockwave is looking very nice
    2577F60F-3E49-44C4-A22B-84DF1A9FBC01.png

• Like Like x 13
  8. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Benefits shouldn’t be referred to as that but welfare or support, benefits makes it sound like an extra lucky sum EG MP expenses on top of a bloated and generally undeserved salary.

Anyway, I’ve got an energon Bulkhead on the way as well as a massive order from Kapow I’ll need to pay Andy for once I get the invoice.

I just need to decide on a holiday bot to go with me.

• Like Like x 6
  9. DaftRaider

DaftRaider Sir Not-a-Decepticon

News Credits:
    That appears to be the CG render for the Earth Wars Volcanicus...

[​IMG]

Could be a placeholder though.

EDIT: Derp, they already pointed that out. Whoops :lol 

• Like Like x 4
  10. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

What size is that? If voyager, finally a proper classics shockwave.

• Like Like x 2
  11. tikgnat

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    212 Gnuckle Tech spec copy.jpg

;) 

Edit
    Added stache.

• Like Like x 13
  12. Imperator

Imperator and he drove the fastest milk-cart in the west.

YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    What are you using to make these? Is there a quick 'n' dirty app to knock them out, or are you using a proper art program and a template?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Love it! Oliver Hardicon! :lol 

[​IMG]

But for me the 'stache is Sgt. Gnashty/Gnasty (if I could only make up my mind)!

What's the betting the Volcanicus set will be vac-metallised chrome gold bits, or gold and silver bits, red Swoop and an FOC Grimlock sword, eh?
    (With an outside chance of the appropriate missing melee or ranged weapon for the deluxe dinos, I doubt that though. Gears getting thin on the ground in box sets, see: Predaking)

• Like Like x 3
  14. tikgnat

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    A photoshop template I made ages ago, for @Vanessa's (where are you!?) stealth bomber figure IIRC. I've reused it since for my own Abominus spec, as well as @Neuta's Generation mishmash Coneheads. Everytime I dig it out (and resave it) I refine it a little bit more. The last big change was the font, which even though has been available online since 2007 I've only just found today!

Edit
    Yeah but a character swap ala Sideswipe/Sunstreaker just makes it more authentic!

• Like Like x 6
  15. Large

Large Currently blablabla

News Credits:
    Thank you very much @nice sideburns and @doucoo, really -really- appreciated.
    And hope you'll have a blast @Convoy.

Funny how I'm a huge fan of Inferno and never really cared about Outback and POTP wants me to pass on the red truck and instant buy the little guy.
    In a way, sums up pretty much the strangeness, the bizarre vibe, that is this line.

Anyway, was reading again Legacy of Unicron this morning and it's still very great. I mean... It's really good. So ok nothing new here, I know, but... I don't know, it's so really solid from start to end, it's impressive. To me anyway. Many of Furman multi-parts -or epics- have up and down -even Tartget: 2006- but Legacy of is just good in every aspects. I mean, it's not even my favorite origin story of the Transformers (god of good vs evil god is still kind of boring to me. In fact, I love when Furman made Optimus questioning himself about Primus possibly being a douchebag right before -the amazing-US #75)(It's very like Jacob from Lost and I love it) but Furman here manages to sell it to me. It's just so big, epic, full of astonishing moments and characters bits (Speaking of Inferno...). I just love it.

What else do I love ?
    Today's favorites are those little dudes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hello all.

• Like Like x 18
  16. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yep voyager, only issue is it may have swivel mushroom pegged knees rather than balls but I’m crossing my fingers it has knee articulation

• Like Like x 4
  17. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Not saying you're wrong, mate, you've made your own interpretation which is perfectly valid. Creative Commons, innit?

In fact, dammit, the wide square 'tache does have a nice Retro-Thug look. I might just have to yoink the idea and 'tache another!

• Like Like x 4
  18. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

Just over 7 grand to be precise. I cleared a few debts and funded the initial HT collection which wasn't a bad result all things considered.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Rodentus prime

Rodentus prime Old Git

News Credits:
    Hmm, a cannon with wings? I'm thinking Straxus retool!

Gnob?

• Like Like x 2
  20. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Damn, I'm outta Sharkticons!

• Like Like x 4