The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. gtf316

gtf316 Nuked in the face.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for the feedback gents, all good points.

I do love my involved transformations, but other than Megatron and possibly Rodimus I don't get that from the G1 MP's I own.

Prime, Magnus, Shockwave, Starscream and Soundwave have a few neat tricks but their transformations are so 'definitive' that the legends versions do pretty much all the same stuff.

And G Creations Prowl, after a few weeks in hand it turns out is even fiddlier than their Prime. I must have lucked out on the first go cos he's been a total cunt to get into vehicle mode ever since.

The Iron Factory version looks just as good in both modes and takes 30 seconds to transform.

Hmmmm....

Think I'm on the verge of answering my own question here.

IF Bridgewatcher coming tomorrow, who is basically a mini Quakewave, so I'll have some more info to go on then.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Now I LOVE my T30 Deluxe Autobots and would remain happy if they didn't crop up, so it's not a 'wishlist' as such but more an ambivalent resignation that just when I think I'm out (or at least down to moderate cherrypicking at most) they pull me back in thing-that-will-most-likely-happen AND a shit-yeah-that-would-be-cool irresistible possibility at the same time.
    There's no way I could pass up a Deluxe/Voyager Milne Whirl and a Voyager/Leader IDW/Roche-ish chunk of Roadbuster!

• Like Like x 2
  3. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Do you smell that?

Ebay:
    The Rook remold was actually nicer in-hand than I expected. The colours popped, the head mold was nice and the front facing hand-pegs made it easy to give him a harpoon hand. I kind of regret selling him.

The FOC one was a bit shitty. Wrong colour scheme to begin with, and the mold choice... yikes. It was a shame that Microblaze Creations never followed through on their G!-paint job Impactor from their FOC Onslaught figure.

Speaking of the rook mold....

[​IMG]

We don't know enough about WFC to know what kind of gimmick (if any) they'll have. Could be they are combiners, and they'll just slap an impactor paint job and head on this guy. I doubt it though.

If you count Inferno (should have been Pyro, lets hope for an upgrade kit) as a Wrecker, with his upcoming POTP figure, that is 6! I would LOVE it if his combiner torso head was something suitably Wrecker-y.

As cool as IDW Whirl and Roadbuster would be, I doubt it. Voyager Whirl and RB were proper shelf-warmers, despite being awesome, I think Hasbro would think twice about doing them again so soon.

I would be keen to see more of the other Wreckers get their moment - like Rotorstorm, Guzzle, Rack'n'Ruin (why not as Legends class combiners like Battletrap), Leadfoot, Steakout and Iron Fist.

• Like Like x 5
  4. DaftRaider

DaftRaider Sir Not-a-Decepticon

News Credits:
    Wow, IDtoys weren't kidding when they said they'd be shipping sometime this week. I only paid yesterday and less than an hour ago Sludge and Snarl have been marked as shipped.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    @MyTea Boc I do hope if he wins it's a new mould with the boxy Marvel UK-ish chest. Let's not count chikkens though, the winners ain't declared yet!
    True but if (once again) somebody with Warden-level authority on the team loves the Wreckers I could see them pointing at those poor sales, then at the IDW designs and saying, "This is why they didn't sell. This is how a majority of fans perceive the characters now, we need to try them this way because the G1 designs don't have the nostalgia draw of the core characters." I'm still on the side of "quite likely".

• Like Like x 5
  6. Decepticreeps100

Decepticreeps100 Covered in Scorpions, all covered in Scorpions

Can't wait to see pics, I told Nick to hold on to mine as I'm waiting on the decepticlones

• Like Like x 2
  7. DaftRaider

DaftRaider Sir Not-a-Decepticon

News Credits:
    Oh hey! And my invoice for the Decepticon Clones from Kapow! Wow, I'm just haemorrhaging money this week.

...Sorry, wallet.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopathâ„¢

News Credits:
    By "involved" and Megatron I assume you mean taking 45 minutes to go back and forth?

I love my Initinite Transformations KO MP36 and thus MP36. The transformaiton is a bloody feat of engineering but JESUS CHRIST I do not have the free hours in the day to spend transformating that guy. And Appolyon is apparently more involved and less intuitive. Jesus.

• Like Like x 2
  9. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Do you smell that?

Ebay:
    Damn you sir, your optimism is uncrushable!

Who knows eh? Certainly I would prioritize a IDW Whirl over a Roadbuster

• Like Like x 2
  10. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    It may read as optimistic but you have to imagine it being delivered in a grumbly Eeyor-style groan, as in a resigned "Oh, well, I suppose that'll be MORE toys I have to buy then." ;) 

• Like Like x 4
  11. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Fight on:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 11
  12. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

Have just been reading about Kevin Smith's heart attack, looks like he had a very close call :( 

Chris Pratt apparently Tweeted some well wishes......and some utter cunts on social media criticised him for it.

Are we really that far gone as a species that a guy can't even wish someone well who literally almost died without being declared wrong?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  13. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Nah, there's just a certain kinda prick that likes to engage in oneupmanship by any means to +1 themselves "above" someone else (usually someone higher status for ego-stoking).
    And as James Gunn pointed out, often too thick to differentiate between offering just "thoughts & prayers" when you can actually do something being an empty gesture (like US Legislators post-public shootings) but when it's all you can offer in the circumstances it's just decency, or some cases of the odd one or two using Atheism as a blunt implement. With the bravery of those kids stepping up to the NRA and Politicians (and now receiving death threats from gun proponents, of course) I cannot write humanity off, I think (and hope) we might just be moving in the right direction.
    (Admittedly I might be riding high on WAKANDA FOREVER!!!)

• Like Like x 9
  14. Omnondippy

Omnondippy Well-Known Member

"Funeral....... Right?"
    Overlord flowers.jpg

• Like Like x 12
  15. Large

Large Currently blablabla

News Credits:
    To all of you who still haven't played Chrono Trigger, do it, it's a fantastic game. Timeless.
    Please just don't do it with the Steam version Square-Enix released today. You desserve better.

[​IMG]

Also, hi gang.
    Mood is... Eh ? Some bad stuff happened. Some good stuff will happen later, let's take it that way.
    Love y'all. Des bisous.

• Like Like x 13
  16. Skywarp SCS

Skywarp SCS AKA "Pretender Skywarp"

WTF did I just read? :eek: :confused: 

• Like Like x 3
  17. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Another thing that's better...
    DSC_0025.JPG DSC_0026.JPG
    DSC_0028.JPG DSC_0027.JPG
    I think the eyes line up nicely, even if they're smaller, and personally I prefer the Laser Prime update head to the Ginrai/Magnus Prime G1 toon-ish face.
    (Though it does make me hanker for a tall deluxe class cab body for him too, not the PE Ginrai one but one a bit more straight G1 OP cab style.)

• Like Like x 9
  18. Decepticreeps100

Decepticreeps100 Covered in Scorpions, all covered in Scorpions

Read and understand are mutually exclusive in this instance.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Liokaiser1989

Liokaiser1989 Well-Known Member

RID 2001 Takara Ultra Magnus.JPG

Car Robots 2001 Ultra Magnus

• Like Like x 7
  20. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

I just read LL#15 whilst Mrs Ottertron was putting out tomorrow's comics...pfffffffffft.

• Like Like x 5