The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    Welcome to my life for the last 2-3 years.

Did I tell you I had to buy two new cars in a 10 month period? One because my old one was burning oil. The other was because the one I bought to replace that was completely unsafe to drive when oit went in for it's MOT.

Current one's doing alright. *TOUCH ALL THE WOOD.*

• Like Like x 7
  2. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

He only got the United job because Fergie owed David Moyes Sr a favour. On day one he ignored Fergie's advice to keep his coaching staff for the first year or so to make the transition easier and brought in his fellow non achievers from Everton who never had a chance of getting the respect of a group of serial winners. After that it was always going to be an uphill battle and he didn't help himself by doing stupid shit like declaring Liverpool the favourites before a game at Old Trafford. All that did was piss fans off and tell his players in public that he didn't have any faith in them even on their own turf.

To this day he claims he would have got things right given more time but in truth he should have gone after the first 2-3 months. He walked away with 5 million quid for his abject failure so he can't have any real complaints.

At this stage of the season nothing's decided at either end of the table despite what the media says. There's plenty of time for West Ham to get out of trouble with the right approach, but I fear that Moyes has already conceded defeat.

• Like Like x 1
  3. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Do you smell that?

Ebay:
    Some good news in my inbox, Shapeways have lowered the cost of shipping to the UK

[​IMG]

Come on now, the small hands are somewhat accurate! All true maniacal tyrants have small hands. Just ask Donald Trump

@kgorman79 Another awesome cover! Can't believe you've done 97!

@Lothar Hex Sorry to hear about the stomach virus. Hope it passes quickly.

• Like Like x 6
  4. Astro-Furby

Astro-Furby Life is strange

True, but it wont be the first time we've come back from relegation battles...or relegation for that matter...Its a shame....I liked Bilic

• Like Like x 3
  5. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

Brian Blessed talks animals :D 

• Like Like x 3
  6. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Fucking @Sixo and his Megamaster pics.

So from what I can gather it looks like this is the result of an Apollyon making itself a profile on Tinder, picking up MP-36 from its flat and scoring before Megs even gets the lippy on?

We'll need Jeremy Kyle to be sure but I'm sold.

• Like Like x 8
  7. kgorman79

kgorman79 WAVE POUNDER

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Cheers dude!

I can't quite believe it either! I've come a long way from the first one i did at the suggestion of a mate. We were having a pint in The Empire in Belfast and I think i'd mentioned the recreation @ambitron did of the "Bluestreak shot in the crotch" toy advert. 97 of them later (plus quite a few random related images) and here we are!

So yeah, @ambitron, you're sort of responsible for these! Cheers :D 

FLASHBACK TIME - The first one I ever did:

Marvel UK 117 - GOOD MAD UGLY.jpg

• Like Like x 15
  8. ambitron

ambitron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ha, I'm honoured! I didn't realise you'd done so many - your Flickr page is a treasure trove. I particularly love the Dinobot covers; there's something especially nostalgic about those.

• Like Like x 4
  9. simond

simond Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know that feeling, I get the train back from London and today am carting back an Amiga 3000 which is far heavier than I realised it’d be! Have left the keyboard and manuals in work until tomorrow as I’d never manage it all. On top of that I brought the boxed Ashura Knights into work today to sell. Carrying both was fun!

• Like Like x 3
  10. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    £5 for shipping, why they couldn’g have done this years ago I’ll never know. Had to happen since the pound went down due to brexshit though didn’t it.

Still, good for a couple of customs I have in mind.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Got my MP36 Megatron in today.

Just unboxed him, checked his joints, swapped one face, played with the helmet and put the fusion cannon on.

I think the last time an MP figure felt like "an experience" to me was MP10 reissue wayyyy back in 2012.

The whole tray of accessories, the absurd silliness of some of them, the plain cartoon accuracy with a billion hidden joints, the ratchets, the die-cast. Unashamedly a toy designed to take you on a tip of a bullet straight back to your childhood.

When in reality it's a collectable pretending to be a toy. Or the other way around.

I am certain the transformation won't be the best thing ever, might leave that until tomorrow.

• Like Like x 11
  12. Underlord

Underlord Frontier Psychiatrist.

News Credits:
    Clacton UK, where houses randomly explode
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Oo, er missus. ;) 

• Like Like x 6
  13. banjoted

banjoted Timelord

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Yes, I remember this! Oh my god it was so good!

Aye, I like Slavern - he's a good guy. My mate's dad used to be his agent when he was a player, and I know he was like a family member. My mate really got on with him. But I guess what can you do when it's going as wrong as it was for him at West Ham toward the end? Sentiment can only take you so far.

And you're right about Moyes - he's had it rough since joining United. He's in no way the terrible manager folk like to make out, though, and I really hope he surprises a few people at West Ham. Hopefully low expectations might give him the time he needs to bed in and really put something good together. Always had a soft spot for the Hammers, would love to see them settle into a sustained good period (which Saints seem to be coming out of the other end of...)

You're spot on - he's definitely a special figure. And the transformation isn't that bad (though definitely not a usual Takara MP one) - it's just long. But unlike a lot of 3P it all 'works' and there's some proper Takara magic in there.

• Like Like x 2
  14. G1Dan

G1Dan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah Jeremy Beadle had same problems

• Like Like x 4
  15. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

News Credits:
    Good thinking Batman!

16. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Screen Shot 2017-11-09 at 19.20.09.png

• Like Like x 8
  17. Prescient

Prescient Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anyone interested in a new TR twin twist for £20 shipped? IMG_20171109_193515853-1336x752.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  18. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww yeah.

Thanks to the Pube crew who gifted me this as part of birthday present shenanigans, and of course, that's a couple of wee Dianauts piloting him around!

[​IMG]

Encore Green Ratchet! Who I wanted after being enabled on the mould by Maz many a month ago, and then deciding that the '07 Movie homage was the one to get. But then once I'd decided to get one I found I was having problems sourcing it for a reasonable price? Turns out Pubers were running interference which explains why suddenly finding one was tres difficult.

Anyway after a visit to Orbital to pick up a couple of bits (including Black Widow Complete Comics History) I now have him. MISB so stickering him after dinner was a delight! Yeah. MISB don't stay that way long usually in my house.

[​IMG]

Yeah boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.

• Like Like x 18
  19. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

News Credits:
    FINALLY saw Blade Runner 2049 and Thor: Ragnarok today - straight out of Thor and into BR with minutes to spare!

So, Thor. VERY silly BUT very enjoyable, unlike the previous two. Well, one and a half. Benefited from the lack of Portman and the gain of Valkyrie, the production designer paying serious attention to Jack Kirby's self-coloured sketch and design work, Loki not being overused and Cate Blanchett in general. Suffered from the humour sometimes hitting a bum note - Korg on the whole and Goldblum mostly - Skurge being a lousy-accented useless stooge and not putting Balder, the last important Asgardian, in there when he should have been leading the people. Oh, also, highly amusing Austin Powers-esque cameos.

Blade Runner? Stunning on pretty much every level. A visual feast with serious attention to detail, a wonderful soundtrack - as had Thor - and great performances all around, yes, including Jared Leto, surprisingly! I don't have a single complaint.

Roll on the Star War and Black Panther!!

• Like Like x 5
  20. The Smirker

The Smirker I Hate Sam Darnold

Theme for the week:

All I wanted was to do nothing for this week and what I got was nothing. I've been waiting to come back to home without any school to worry about. This has to be the toughest quarter I've ever faced and now I have slayed the beast as honorably as I can. I've been wanting to truly relax until tomorrow. What a moment I can cherish. I'll be turning 16 this year. What better way to have a sweet sixteen than with the mg full armor gundam I've wanted for a year? I've been constantly dreaming about his build and what he'll be like. I absolutely love the design and everything else so far from the pictures. For the haul of my birthday for tomorrow: Photo on 10-28-17 at 6.36 PM #4.jpg
    Anyways to keep the mods happy, here's my obligatory transformer in the photo:
    Photo on 11-9-17 at 3.29 PM.jpg
    Slag kitty doesn't like Carni. Wump Wump.

• Like Like x 3