The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. scamper

scamper Well-Known Member

fair point well made

• Like Like x 1
  2. scamper

cool - wasn't sure if it was one of your magical ebay sources (full team of OSKO Nottlebots say hi)

• Like Like x 1
  3. privatespoon

privatespoon Well-Known Member

Thumbs up for the Heinrad.

4. Azrail

Azrail Well-Known Member

I'm in the same boat. It's pissing me off and making me embarrassed. Thinking of shaving it.
    From the look of TFN bald and beards is the way to go lol :) 

• Like Like x 5
  5. SgtLemon

SgtLemon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So Sonic Mania got delayed 2 weeks on PC and have nothing to spend my money on D;
    I have a Movie Best Evasion Prime on preorder but I forgot what the second figure I was gonna buy this month o_O  Truly working 12 hours near enough every day for the past 2 months rattles your brain.

So what was everyones best bargain at TFN? I was at work so I didn't get the chance for a second year D: Hopefully next year!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  7. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I must say, all these quilting puns are really funny and making me laugh. Top quality humour, real cutting edge stuff.

Yeah, every convention would be filled with some awkward behaviour. If people are on the spectrum, it's no less awkward for the other person if they're not aware of it, but it's a good point @scamper makes.

Having said that I think the properly disturbing behaviour was the attitude some of the older guys of our fraternity demonstrated to the younger more innocent girls attending. I did see on more than one occasion older guys being really quite inappropriate to pretty young girls, who quite possibly will never attend a con again.

About the arse crack thing HAHA! I did see a few builders bums over the weekend... but my view of it isn't remotely 'normal' because... uh... How do I put this? Well... one of the cardinal sins in Martial Arts is showing your arse to the other guy. Because there's a technique (which isn't non invasive if you get my meaning) that would mean that anyone fighting me and shows their arse to me would never walk right again in their life ever again. Totally serious. Crouch down and squat, never bend over!

Which reminds me, sorry if anyone was weirded out by me and @Maz having a Martial Arts talk on Friday night, but in all honesty he started it!

But the good far FAR outweighed the bad. I had such a good time over the weekend, so thank you everyone. Now I have to go play with some toys... there is a Super Gobot Leader-1 that needs some TLC!

• Like Like x 13
  8. Azrail

Azrail Well-Known Member

This was my first TF Nation and it was so much better than Auto Assembly.
    I do think The Forge was a little hidden and I didn't remember to look for a long time.
    One thing I do miss though is the lanyards with the name plates on. That was really helpful to remember who I was talking to or who's ugly mug I was staring at lol

Great to meet @Maz in person. I probably only recognised you because I had seen your pic before. Plus he has that Icelandic beauty :p 
    @stevil33 sorry man I was slow to realise who you were lol I go more from the FB names recently. Nice to see you :) 
    @incapable hulk glad I didn't miss you but sorry I didn't see you wasted as it always sounds legendary lol ;) 

So little time to see and do so much. I'm not a big drinker either so wasn't in the bar that often. I did more mingling this time but will have to plan for next time.
    Sorry for not meeting other TFW guys also. It's taken me a few years to be socially comfortable with my FB pals but I'm getting there.
    Next year have to do a proper meet up or just have some lanyards printed saying "I am from UK TFW. Come over" lol

• Like Like x 4
  9. motorthing

motorthing We woz robbed

News Credits:
    Now I've had the old chap out to finally get on with painting/eviling-up a Batmobile I've ended up remembering what a freaking fantastic Toy Springer is. Still my favourite Voyager-y toy of all time and even the greatness of recent Lines hasn't conquered Him.

So now naturally I can't put any paint on him. That was a fucking great plan well executed wasn't it....

image.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  10. scamper

thanks all for the considered responses - really didn't want to kick off a sh1tstorrm - but yeah, there are genuine weirdos at conventions - by no means a large number, but by their nature, you notice them...

• Like Like x 1
  11. Decepticreeps100

Decepticreeps100 Bite your face

Glad you like the puns. I find if you keep going with them a Paton develops.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    I cannot like this post, it's too ambivalent to like a man's joy *and* pain (or a bit too kinky to)!

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Captain N!

It was the brochure drop this weekend so I have actually done a day's work today almost constantly fielding ticket calls & queries, the day's gone like that *snaps fingers*, in fact me brain's too pooped to pun!

• Like Like x 7
  13. Genetic

Genetic Morg Than Meets the Eye

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Daily Mail? 'MIGRANT ATTACKS TEEN OVER IMPORTED TOYS BREXIT ROW'.

And no, I really shouldn't have been there because threatening to jam a Computron giftset down his urethra wouldn't have helped.

• Like Like x 9
  14. Decepticreeps100

Decepticreeps100 Bite your face

@Rotorstorm, Bob carolgees as Soundwave spit the dog as ravage. TV's Tommy Walsh as Wheeljack. Nigel Havers as Ratchet

• Like Like x 4
  15. Napalm

News Credits:
    Planet Steel Express have opened pre orders for Calidus Asterix. Just a heads up as they're likely to fly out. Don't know what the shipping will be but £75 is a great base price.

• Like Like x 1
  16. BigPhill

BigPhill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    So after a bit of gentle persuasion from a friend who was at TF Nation this year, and my girlfriend saying it's OK, it looks like I'll be going next year.

I just need to buckle-down a bit and save a little each month, so provided I get along, I'll be the tall quiet Scottish guy likely with another Scottish guy.

• Like Like x 12
  17. Scourge_151

Scourge_151 Never gargle the rum. TFW2005 Supporter

Loved TFN, as I did last year.

Is it just me that finds the atmosphere more chilled than AA?

*edit*

Forgot a haul pic!

The art being Crasher by Nick Roche, and Da Garn X by Kei Zama. If you were paying attention to the Brave panel you'll know!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  18. Napalm

News Credits:
    Excellent. I'm hoping to get there next year too.

Not a dealbreaker, but will he be another tall quiet Scottish guy or a small rowdy Scottish guy?

Man I'm a dick.

• Like Like x 5
  19. Napalm

News Credits:
    And so do Kapow!

Mastermind Creations Calidus Asterisk Mode - Kapow Toys

• Like Like x 2
  20. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Ok, most of my TFNation thoughts, impressions etc...

First off, it was lovely seeing the tfw2005 crew. Admittedly I did not drop by on the group but I had a lovely catch up with @stevil33 , @Maz (who has a freakishly good memory when it comes to faces!) and met @Decepticreeps100 and @kgorman79. Did I miss anybody that I met/spoke to? I did want to drop by multiple times though to politely ask @tikgnat if I could see UW Computron up close, but never got round to!

The convention itself was a mixture of some good and not so good planning---I got in on Friday to attend the Brave and Thew panels, and while in line for both of them I was told they were overbooked. Fair kudos on them being re-run on the next day, but it did make me feel I went down on Friday for no reason. The timing was awkward as the Quilts festival was on, so the room allocation must have been trickier, and the queue was very long on Saturday morning for breakfast. It took about 10 mins to get in and another 10 -after- I've put food on my plate to get cutlery, almost as if the hotel did not take into account the fact that there were 2 events happening concurrently. Last thing on the hotel nagging was the room bookings---we checked in prior to arriving, got in at about 2, waited for an hour for the room to be available [fair play, they did say from 3 onwards prior to arriving] but then had to wait an additional hour and a half from that time for the room to be ready. That was a bit poor, nothing to do with TFNation itself but still not nice.

Overall I found the people and mood to be amazing---this might be the year I met the most number of people. There were two lovely chaps on a table nearby that I asked if I could handle their figures and they were happy to, both on Friday and Saturday. I don't think they were from here---on Saturday they had MP Artfire and the sealed UT Combaticons on the table. If you guys are here, shout out! Saturday night was great; we ended up playing One Night [the Werewolf game?] for hours and were eventually joined by a nice chap who was at the next table and wanted to play with us. All cosplayers were very happy to have pics with them and most people were very outgoing and lively. Jack Lawrence is a great chap and I really enjoyed having a chat with him on his table. I got Nick Roche to put another head sketch on my Wreckers HB. 3 down, 7 to go? Did not get a chance to chat with James Roberts this year, but got chatting with everybody else regardless. Props to Furman and Senior for letting me take a selfie on Friday night!

Much like @tikgnat says though, I was absolutely repulsed by some sleasebags [primarily on Saturday night]. The TF Fandom is a microcosm of society so that can be expected, but a guy or two were especially sleazy to whichever young female happened to walk around alone. Not cool at all. A few not very socially adept "brothers" of ours were testing their boundaries when going through the toy stalls or when sitting at tables at the bar. We all like transformers, yeah, and I will let folks handle a newly bought figure to see how it is, but asking first or putting in an "excuse me" here and there would not hurt.

I was talking to Maz on how I've been converted to Titans Return; spent silly money on figures for a guy who did not have any figures on his shopping list besides the MP Cheetor that I never bought. TR is super fun and I will end up PO'ing most of the japanese releases, while tracking a few of the already released ones.

Looking forward to next year's event. Mandatory haul pic included. 20861100_10155600347813838_764239820_o.jpg

• Like Like x 13