The UK GD Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Xaran Alamas, Dec 17, 2021.

1. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Least Effort!

Screenshot_20240424-153005_Instagram.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

Further searching on Netflix has revealed Batman:The Animated Series is on there so I've added that to my watch list along with the Arnold Schwarzenegger documentary.

Also watched,

"Escape Plan" ( Sly and Arnold team up to escape a super prison originally designed by Sly's character and there's a fight between Sly and Vinnie Jones! )
    "The Last Stand" ( Arnold is a small town sheriff with limited resources who has to mobilise the town into action as an escaped felon passes through in a bid to reach the border with Mexico. )

Got an extra Cartoon Collection Skeletor on the way from Amazon and will probably get another He-Man in due course as they can either go in vehicles or on the cats....still hoping for a proper Cartoon Collection Battle Cat & Panthor using an upscaled version of the Cringer mould.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Siege Fan

Batman TAS is one of the greatest TV shows ever, the production values on a kids cartoon were nothing short of stellar.

I couldn't get into Escape Plan somehow but Last Stand was good fun I thought.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

97 has hit another belter of an episode. That's 7/7 awesome episodes so far. Hopefully they will stick the landing.

Seen both those movies and loved them both. Great choices.

• Like Like x 4
  5. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

@Siege Fan,
    I'll probably finish watching the Filmation MOTU box set first then start Batman TAS before I get the She-Ra set.

Toy wise I won't be enabled unless Medicom make MAFEX figures of Batman and Joker or I can make some quick sales to get Mondo's Batman and Joker whilst the 2nd runs are still available on their site.

Fair enough, I wouldn't call it a classic but it was worth seeing for Sly and Arnold sharing a screen!

@Insurgent,
    Thanks! Glad you liked them too!

• Like Like x 1
  6. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

Watched the Arnold documentary on Netflix and enjoyed it.....also reminded me to add the Conan movies to my Amazon list 'cos I've never seen either and I'll be getting "True Lies" shortly as well as a new blu-ray release has just come out in the past month and it's been several years since I last saw that.

Got "A Bronx Tale" and "Slap Shot" in the post this afternoon and just finished watching the former and like pretty much everything with Robert DeNiro it's quality, this one was intresting as his character was on the other side of the fence as a honest man instead of a mobster.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Have you found FUBAR yet? Is that still on Netflix?

• Like Like x 2
  8. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Staggeringly some new metal gear solid product has accidentally gone on sale here at Entertainers and Sainsbury's! :eek: 

1000101355.jpg

Apparently it's only for Star Wars day so I probably shouldn't get too excited but I did pick up these in an entertainer today.

1000101464.jpg

The TIE interceptor is very nice, totally fills the bubble and you actually get a little stand too stop it from falling over and looking silly rather than threatening.

The vulture droid sounds great on paper, you get two sets of wings, one for flying that opens like they do in the movie to shoot at kids and another set for walking around being weird.
    Unfortunately they both have problems, the opening gimmick of the flying wings is tetchy, very hard to get them to open and close smoothly.
    The walking wings could have been ok but mine are riddled with problems.
    First they were misasssembled in the package with the legs on upside down so I had to pop off all the legs and rearrange them but I couldn't because I have two copies of the connector piece that attaches them to the fighter instead of mirrored pieces. :rolleyes: 
    Why, I don't get it at all, this is over engineered really, the connector pieces didn't need to be keyed at all, they could have just used the same piece for both sides. o_O 
    And then one of the split pins that holds the legs on actually broke so it's now a wonky vulture.

I guess it's just as well they abandoned their original plan to make this thing actually fully transform, it would have been a disaster.

1000101453.jpg
    No problems here as long as you just want to look at it.

1000101450.jpg

Oh dear, one broken off leg and look at the big gap on the right hand side between the body and the legs... leg, that's where I can't push it in all the way because it's not the right piece. :rolleyes: 

Too add insult to injury the fight wings that were attached in the package were on so fricking tight that it took me several minutes of carefully wiggling and rocking them to get them free, each.

Really not a fun experience, Jazzwares should stear clear of trying any more complicated mechanical features like this.

1000101469.jpg
    Just buy me instead, I'm awesome. :p 

• Like Like x 3
  9. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

Yep, added that to my list and it'll probably be among the things I watch next!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Siege Fan

"Mate, your mum takes it up... one second..."

20240426_114249.jpg

:lol 

20240426_113407.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  11. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

I thought the Classics bios from ToyGimp were shite but some of the New Eternia ones are something else entirely! :D 

Mekaneck is a great figure though, the neck piece makes up for what the Origins one should have been although I could do without all that plug in shield nonsense because if you don't use it the figure has a great big hole on his wrist and on my copy the shield doesn't stay in very well.

• Like Like x 1
  12. we_are_forest

we_are_forest I blame Powerglide

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Mail day!!!

IMG-20240426-WA0002.jpeg

IMG-20240426-WA0004.jpeg

Forbidden Planet came through with the cheap MOTU.

I have to commend them on how well it was all packaged as well. Excellent service all round and delivered by DPD rather than Royal Mail.

• Like Like x 5
  13. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

Lucked out this week with the NECA Haulathon and got all 4 Pizza Club Turtles which were almost a tenner cheaper each than I was anticipating which I'm wondering is NECA winding their necks in a bit in a bid to combat the KO's of all this year's Haulathon stuff as many are already in circulation and the KO's of the Turtles were going for around £43 each as of a couple of days ago.

Being so late to the line means I missed a lot of the other Turtles sets so whilst the colours don't match the 2-pack Turtles so head swapping isn't an option all the heads on the Pizza Club ones are different and it's the first time I've had a crack at the smiling Mikey headsculpt for a sane price.

There's also some fun new accessories including a spinny effect for Donny's staff, a damaged head with wires sticking out for Roadkill Rodney, a "pizza dough landed on my head" sculpt with Raph that will also fit on the other Turtles, different flavoured pizzas and various creatures with each one including a monkey!

@we_are_forest,
    Nice haul!

Last edited: Apr 26, 2024
    • Like Like x 4
  14. Siege Fan

Fully agree!

Aye, they sent me enough white wrapping paper to open a chippy last time!

• Like Like x 2
  15. Siege Fan

It's the weights making me look gay, thought Adam.

20240426_154329.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  16. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Leo's 2nd headsculpt is apparently a clone from an episode of the cartoon so I could get a KO to display that way.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Loving the weapon effect with Donny and monkeys are always awesome!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Mikey's my favourite of this set of Turtles, 2 distinct looks, a fish in a bowl, a little dinosaur and a ventriloquists dummy and it looks like they've given his chucks metal chains which is a big upgrade because the plastic chains are very prone to breaking as I know all too well as one set broke on my other figure of him.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Not sure I like the stubbier sai this version comes with but Raph's main headsculpt has the same expression I get when trying to watch Andre Onana be a goalkeeper, the bird is cute and the other headsculpt is all kinds of fun!

Last edited: Apr 27, 2024
    • Like Like x 5
  17. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Mixed bag on the Classified Joe front today. I figured, as he's quite lithe-waisted, I might be able to use a spare V1.5 Scarlett belt on Resolute-y Snake Eyes - and I was right!
    After a quick steam I could stretch it enough to go on Snakes!
    UNfortunately I discovered something I suspected, and dismissed at the time as he seemed okay back then as it seemed to still be together, that the waist balljoint on the V1 Snakes upper torso was a "frozen" one, and my initial attempt to remove his trousered section at the waist had fatally damaged it (I abandoned removing the groin section and just swapped overlays on that part, if you're wondering how the pants-swap was completed) so he snapped in twain when I was attempting a foolish non-steamed leg removal!

This did however make stretching the Scarlett belt over his waist (I thought "F*** it, I may as well still check out that part of the plan", and I'm glad I did) VERY easy!

So tonight I have attempted some radical surgery, using the remnant of a 3P LEGO baton as a new balljoint "stem", by use of an experimental Plastic Weld PLUS a strategic dab of superglue - AFTER I tried to work some silicone oil into the frozen torso ball in an attempt to retain/regain waist rotation, then drilled out the original stem remnants for substitution.
    I thought I'd cracked it with attempt one but I may have twisted too soon, as he eventually bisected again, so surgery II is now curing overnight!
    I'm hoping repacking the drill hole with some of my drilling detritus, and welding again holds up - because if it does the wee bugger is pretty much complete as I was able to drill a 3mm port into a wide portion of the belt and the groin overlay that his wakizashi saya pops right in, for pretty much perfect placement.
    Come on, Mod gods, it's been a messy day but I've done my best - give me a pass on this one!

Worst case scenario if I have to I may try some even more radical surgery (I can't make him that much worse than bisected anyway).
    Worst, worst case scenario, I may have to rely on a discounted extra copy to get Resolute-y resolutely finished!

Last edited: Apr 26, 2024
    • Like Like x 3
  18. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Okay, he does seem to still have a little waist wigglin', though I'm not pushing it as his waist didn't feel obviously detaching on attempt one when he bisected again, barring the looming prospect of further self-bisection correction surgery I am rather chuffed with this result, seeing as it hasn't really required any additional spending!

RESOLUTELY!
    DSC_0157.jpeg DSC_0158.jpeg DSC_0159.jpeg DSC_0160.jpeg DSC_0161.jpeg DSC_0162.jpeg
    Now to wait for Emily and/or Lenny to announce him for a Pipeline reveal!

• Like Like x 2
  19. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

Watched 2 Liam Neeson movies on Netflix last night, both had him playing the sort of character he seems to have gotten stuck playing since "Taken" but he's very good at it.

"A Walk Among The Tombstones" wasn't terrible but didn't grab me whilst "Cold Pursuit" had just enough humour that it wasn't totally bleak and depressing and I'd watch it again,

This morning I watched "Highwaymen" which is based on a true story of two former Texas Rangers brought out of retirement to hunt down Bonnie and Clyde and in the movie they're played by Kevin Costner and Woody Harrelson who're both great and the end credits show some real footage from the funerals of Bonnie & Clyde as well as the car they were took down in along with photos of all the real people portrayed in the film.

Next up,
    "Avengement"
    "Fubar"
    "In The Land Of Saints & Sinners".

Got a package in the post containing 5 Ladybird MOTU books so going to have a look through those during the afternoon and should have my extra Cartoon Collection Skeletor tomorrow!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Siege Fan

• Like Like x 2