The UK GD Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Xaran Alamas, Dec 17, 2021.

1. Astro-Furby

Astro-Furby Life is strange

Ooh, i didnt know Todd was doing a Reeves Superman, definitely need one of those

• Like Like x 2
  2. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

When the preorders drop/any news, we gotta make sure we send up the signal, make sure we don't miss out on him.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Peter Gabriel was bringing back the old stage show.

20240420_121637.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  4. we_are_forest

we_are_forest I blame Powerglide

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Exactly the same here.

I've only ever had 1 bad experience with Evri but never with Yodel. Parcel Farce have cocked up each time.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Siege Fan

• Like Like x 2
  6. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

Tom will probably have enough clout to ensure Mission Impossible doesn't go to shit.

Aren't Universal busy with MOTU since Mattel sold it to them? :p 

• Like Like x 1
  7. Siege Fan

FSipOIsXMAAhYVH~3.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  8. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I remember watching. I really should've picked up the dvds back in the day when they were at retail for a sensible price. Prices of them now are ridiculous.

9. siccoyote

siccoyote Worst side of the fandom

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I mean it's all on youtube now

• Like Like x 1
  10. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

:D 

Discovered my folks have Netflix as part of their TV package even though they never watch it because Dad's always preferred reading to TV and Mum only watches the same miserable shite like Vera or mind numbing day time shows on domestic telly instead of doing something something positive to keep her mind more active as she ages.

I've set it up to watch via my PS4 and whilst I wasn't surprised to find very little that intrests me there but didn't draw a complete blank and there's one or two things that I saw last time I had a subscription of my own so I've watched the following,

"The Irishman" ( The perfect antidote to popcorn franchise sewage. I still intend to get a physical copy but this was the first thing I watched again when I got it set up on my PS4 because it's fucking brilliant. )

"Ford Vs Ferrari" ( A great story even for non car enthusiasts like me and Christian Bale and Matt Damon have good chemistry. )

"Heat" ( Pacino Vs DeNiro. Proper actors with a proper story will always beat overblown CGI spectacle in my eyes. )

I also gave "Cop Land" a go and thought it was intresting seeing Sly in a movie where he played a character that was more vulnerable and innocent than his usual action hero roles and also because he had a lot of scenes with Robert DeNiro and Harvey Keitel who're obviously actors with considerably more range but he did OK.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    I recommend "Avengement" if you haven't seen it, the two "The Fable" films (there's a right order to the pair but I can't recall which is which, I don't think they come up in chronological order in the listing, you'd have to check by year of release in their blurb but out of sequence doesn't matter much), and the shows Castlevania, The Dragon Prince, and Love+Death+Robots.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Danforth

Danforth Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Now seen the whole thing and it might be my favourite film released since 2000. Okay I've not seen *that* many (compared to hoovering up decades of pre-2000 classics in my youth), but I enjoyed Afterlife more than anything MCU or modern Star Wars or whatnot. That is how you do a new generation sequel!

• Like Like x 3
  13. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

Sir Jim Ratcliffe's had a busy day, he's just completed the London Marathon and demonstrated he's more physically fit at 71 years old than many of the current United first team squad, now it's off to Wembley to watch his new side set either get humiliated or set up a repeat of last year and lose to City in the final.

I would love it, LOVE IT! if Coventry won because that should condemn ETH and some of the feckless bunglers he keeps picking to the history books.

The times are finally a changing in the club's internal structure and a new stadium to replace the rotting corpse of current Old Trafford is now looking more likely thanks to a committee chaired by Seb Coe who's got a reputation for getting that kind of thing done, so hopefully INEOS will hire somebody to manage the side who can eventually get them moving in a better direction instead of the aimless drifting of the past decade or so.

@Seeaich,
    Thanks for the recommendations, I will have a look into them....only Castlevania sounds immediately off putting because videogames are like toys, both are interactive so once you remove that part of it there's not really anything there for me.

• Like Like x 2
  14. hellhound

hellhound Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Spent some time this afternoon de-wintering the Lego Hogwarts Owlery set, to join the Sirius's escape set and Forestmen's Hideout to become, a, err Forestmen's hideout. Considering I've done nothing but whack a few sets on baseplates, I think it works quite well as a ruined castle.

IMG20240421165733.jpg IMG20240421165753.jpg IMG20240421165742.jpg IMG20240421165655.jpg IMG20240421165643.jpg IMG20240421165603.jpg IMG20240421165553.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  15. Siege Fan

I thought Afterlife was a great return so I was a bit downhearted about FE apparently being 'something that also exists'.

I recently watched the latest Mission Impossible and frankly they owe the Uncharted game makers money. And me at least an hour back.

In other late movie news The Many Saints of Newark is a pointless load of shite that wouldn't even have worked as a TV show if chopped up.

• Like Like x 1
  16. G1 Mirage Owner

G1 Mirage Owner My alt. mode is an Antikythera Device.

Damn, Ryan Reynold's knows how to cross sell.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  17. 4249david

4249david Click my avatar, you won't regret it...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Skin. Teeth.

That game was mental.

And we should get battered by City...

• Like Like x 1
  18. Siege Fan

I really do think Mr Gatwa might have been fired from Who already going by his Attitude interview. At best he's sinking the ratings even faster by making the show coverage-toxic all over again. There's no way he can justify his central assertion on white actors or the subsequent headlines without offending all round him. Though he's not wrong about those in positions of power.

19. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

Coventry are the only side to come out of that with any credit for not giving up at 3-0 down and were only denied a deserved win because of VAR.

ETH is a clueless dolt who now seems hell bent on driving Garnacho out and it's no coincidence that things went to shit when he took him and Mainoo off.

Rashford is so pathetic his wing play was even outdone by Slabhead of all people.

I'm all for a change of manager in the summer even if it means Potter or Southgate because this shit can't continue.

• Like Like x 1
  20. 4249david

4249david Click my avatar, you won't regret it...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just don't get our sudden penchant for giving away penalties after 85 mins :confused: 

• Like Like x 2