The UK GD Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Xaran Alamas, Dec 17, 2021.

1. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

What a fucking day already... gonna have to print off two forms and a covering letter to get postage returned from Royal Fail after they fucked up a fortnight ago (it'll be fun trying to explain that). And I've just found out that the dog warden hasn't did a thing since Xmas when I had to complain AGAIN that the vicious dog that attacked mine is still roaming freely and unmuzzled. The warden actually asked when they could confront this guy directly outside, even though they have his home address and should have been chasing him through the courts months ago. If they don't get anywhere I'll call the fucking police instead and drop him and the warden's office in it.

• Like Like x 10
  2. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Wheels up notice on the Tiger Force Duke & RAM Cycle from Hasbro Customer Care *AND* the Ebay Page Team, let's see if they can deliver an item I didn't actually buy better than the two I tried to?!

• Like Like x 3
  3. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

Masterverse Roboto should arrive between 3pm and 5pm :) 

@Siege Fan,
    Sounds like the dog warden needs a rocket up his arse!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Siege Fan

Her arse in this case, she immediately got back to me when I copied in her colleagues funnily enough... shower of shit the lot of them.

• Like Like x 4
  5. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

Definitely not good when anyone in a position of responsibility like that doesn't do their job, letting a dangerous dog that's already attacked still walk the streets without any protection for other dogs as well as humans is stupidly irresponsible.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Siege Fan

Yup, that's why the next port of call is the police. It's over a year I've been dealing with these wankers!

• Like Like x 3
  7. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

That's more than enough time for the wardens to act, and also more for the dog to potentially cause more damage so they can't say they haven't been given time.

EDIT,
    Roboto has arrived and he's OK for the price I paid.

Like most of the Revelations designs he looks classic enough for now although I'd also like to see a New Eternia version that's inspired by 200x as he was one of my favourite designs when I recently saw that series for the first time.

No action features for Masterverse of course but the detailing for his inner chest looks pretty good, the headsculpt and overall design hit most of the traditional cues such as the reuse of Trap Jaw legs but I feel the Revelation art department lost the plot with the weapons.

For starters you don't get an axe or claw attachment, you do get 2 guns instead one of which might well be reused for Hordak because it looks more or less the same, I'll have to check later and see if it's the same piece.

The other gun is a variation on the classic double barrelled one from the vintage toy and subsequent versions using that design but it's not a particularly good result.

Articulation is standard for the line and whilst adequate is starting to look on the primitive side when you see what Jada Toys are doing with that Street Fighter line which has a RRP that's in roughly the same ballpark as US prices for Masterverse figures.

Aside from the 2 weapon hands you get,

1 forearm with a grabby hand to match the left side.

2 yellow translucent swords I assume are something to do with the cartoon.....as Roboto appeared after the opening 5 minutes of episode 1 his activities in the story will forever remain a mystery :D 

Whilst not a figure that should blow anyone away it's a decent enough representation of a specific design that's well worth a sale price if you see one.

Last edited: May 30, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
  8. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    So Idle Hands on a Tuesday mean that I am taking the punt on some Little Armory gear from HLJ, mainly for Roadblock, to test the scaling as the scuttlebutt is they are a little undersized.
    Y'see, I'd been eyeballing the Gridiron Studios set for him...
    Screen Shot 2023-05-30 at 16.44.53.png
    ..but at $40 dollars before astronomical US Shipping, I thought I'd take the punt on HLJ's usual more reasonable shipping for some of the 1:12 weaponry we have at home...
    Screen Shot 2023-05-30 at 16.40.24.png
    I figure I've loaded the dice here as, at least to my eyes, the OG Roadblock's heavy machine gun looks a bit underscaled as it was, and such ridiculously heavy weapons like the Ma Deuce there will still be pretty impressive even if slightly ensmallened, I'll just need to mod a handle grip for OG.I. Joe accuracy.
    The gatling gun is a punt mainly for the rucksack to give RB's stock gun the option of higher capacity, figure a detachable port option for the ammo feed its doable.
    Then threw in the MP7s to see if they scale okay for Snakes, possibly after dyeing to avoid paint rub. If they are a bit too titchy one of the lady Joes will probably end up with them.
    Now to wait and see how long they take to come in ready for despatch!

Last edited: May 30, 2023
    • Like Like x 4
  9. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas The Snow Guard

Ebay:
    Excellent.

Oh what's this? I seem to have fallen into the Black Series Rabbit Hole I specifically said I wasn't going to...

• Like Like x 6
  10. Siege Fan

I lasted half an hour with Quantumania before I stopped caring altogether. The humour is so weak it belongs in a 90s Diane Keaton movie for your mum, and I could just tell Scott wasn't going to be the star of his own show. I've already had quite enough of that with Black Panther and Thor. Plus the massive plot contrivance of

How about I just warn nobody of the quantum realm even though it's beyond dangerous and I have ALL the details?

• Like Like x 5
  11. Siege Fan

I see Asda remains utterly shite for home delivery.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Unclejoe420

Unclejoe420 Well-Known Member

Finally caved in and ordered a watercolour paints set I've been debating nabbing for a few weeks..

• Like Like x 2
  13. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

@Xaran Alamas,
    There's even a Black Series rabbit in the form of Jaxxon! :D 

• Like Like x 2
  14. Astro-Furby

Astro-Furby Life is strange

Oh and dont forget all the sexy ladies like Aayla Secura, Mara Jade and various Ahsokas

And hopefully at some point, Slave Leia and Oola for some bikini action

• Like Like x 4
  15. Unclejoe420

Unclejoe420 Well-Known Member

This is a rarity:
    IMG_20230531_110114213_HDR.jpg

This is Lulu!

• Like Like x 10
  16. Siege Fan

Actually felt bad for the delivery guy, Asda won't let you cancel after telling you the substitutions are nonsense (5kg of dog food vs 10s of it *makes politically incorrect noises*) and he immediately went to hand me the order...

Last edited: May 31, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
  17. Brum Bot

Brum Bot "Give them Victory... or Give them Death"

News Credits:
    IMG_4202.jpeg

We have a large, fluffy house guest this evening.

• Like Like x 9
  18. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas The Snow Guard

Ebay:
    :lol Is that the guy who looks suspiciously like Bucky (CAPTAIN BUCKY O'HARE!), or indeed, Jazz Jackrabbit? What was it with green rabbits?

I almost got Aayla Secura before. May still track her down. I have her in LEGO form from the original Republic Fighter Tank set :D 
    Mara Jade is who pushed me down this rabbit hole! :p  And I've got my pre-order in for the brown costume Ahsoka with the green sabers. That's the look I associate with Ahsoka so I'm really happy we're getting here like that in BS!

I wouldn't mind an Attack of the Clones Padme, I really like her Geonosis outfit :) 

And yes, I am applying my (mostly) female figs only rule here too lol.

Speaking of Ms Jade
    20230529_132922.jpg

I see what you meant about the blaster, she has that style blaster in exactly one bit of artwork on the box, and I've no idea if that was done for the box as opposed to taken from comics like I assume the rest were.

• Like Like x 7
  19. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    I just had a bit of a faff with Spirit Iron Knife, and slipped him into a rifleman stance no bother *with* his eye to the rifle scope.
    [​IMG]
    Damn you, Classified Joe Team, these figures are way too good!

• Like Like x 5
  20. Danforth

Danforth Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dang. Looks like Network On Air, one of our finest DVD-releasing companies, has ceased trading. They've put out some amazing archive telly releases over the years - I have quite a few on my shelves.

Hopefully another company will pick up their back catalogue... (wouldn't say no to the administrators having a fire sale either)

Jazz Jackrabbit! I remember getting that on PC, first time I'd seen that platform rise to the challenge of the consoles, or at least the 16-bit machines like the Amiga, when it came to platform games. PC ruled the roost at 3D but was only mediocre at 2D - Jazz Jackrabbit was a big step forward. Cracking music as well, I still find myself humming some of it occasionally!

• Like Like x 5