The Twins: 2 New Chevy Sparks Join the TF3 Cast

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by grock35, May 11, 2010.

1. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    Hopefully the Twins will end in a gruesome deathmatch against each other :) .

2. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    That is so sexy... Maybe, just maybe and this is unlikely but mayube they'll have slightly better heads? I still like them either way.

3. Z.U.D.O.N

Z.U.D.O.N Camshaft's Master

Okay, at a glance, I agree with most that the new black colour scheme is fantastic and very sleek lookin'. (Plus point) :thumb 

However, if you sit back and think about it again, don't you think the paint scheme is too plain or simple? I mean, if you recall the original Skids' car, there's a nice fancy stripe decal there. I would've preferred that to stay, and maybe add something similar for Mudflap.. And to differentiate the new twins, you have to look at the different stripe colours at the front.. That's a minus overall IMO.. :thumbdown 

Also, although Sunstreaker and Sideswipe were of the same alt mode, I disagree that Mudflap should have a similar alt mode. The idea of Mudflap being totally different in both alt and robot modes compared to Skids is already stuck in my head, so giving him Skids' alt mode is quite disappointing. However, if the designers have a totally different robot mode for Mudflap in mind, then hopefully it won't be so bad.. (Neutral)

And for goodness sake, if the head sculpts are the same, it's gonna be another minus..

But overall, I'm still looking forward to the new twins..

How about let Michael Bay worry about that, while we wait for him to give us a better movie?

Another downside would be that, underneath all that nice new alt mode colours, their robot mode colours would probably be the same orange and green. If the toy were going to be the same though, then the mix of colours might not look as great in robot mode. =S

Yes I agree.. Not sure whether they'll look nicer at all this way..

4. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    Actually, if I knew I had bad characters I would improve them. Because by your logic, if everyone hate Optimus Prime you would write him off?

5. Z.U.D.O.N

Z.U.D.O.N Camshaft's Master

Actually, it's okay for the Twins to be funny. The writing for ROTF just wasn't that great, so it seems that the Twins ruined some part the story..

If the writer of TF3 is the same as ROTF, then I'm not buying a cinema ticket for the movie. :mad 

6. Lurkertron

Lurkertron Rockerbot

The rumour is these guys combine to form Jar Jar Binks.

Please, just die a horrible and swift death. Preferably before the movie starts.

7. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If there's a speculated 2 year gap in story line from the events of ROTF - it wouldn't be hard for them to state "in the two years since ROTF, Skids and Mudflap, under the guidance of Ironhide, have matured and become strong fighters" - Tweak the faces a bit, and it'd fit the story fine, they updated and copied their alt modes for efficiency on the battlefield.

Just tone down the 'racism' and keep the brotherly feuds and they'd be fine as characters.

8. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Too bad they're both Sparks now.. I always liked Mudflap's vehicle mode much better than Skids (although that one was never produced)..

They're definitely more twins now..but what's with the black?

9. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

Maybe so they can look more like Al Jolson?

[​IMG]

"Wait a minute, wait a minute, you ain't heard nothin' yet! Wait a minute, I tell ya! You ain't heard nothin'!"

10. doctajones428

doctajones428 Well-Known Member

Funny, people say the Twins are racist towards black people, so what does Bay do? Paints them black

11. Bovril

Bovril Critical Miss!

Funny, cus when that video with the Smart Car popped up, the poster claimed to have seen Skids and Mudflap cruisin'... surely if it was these he'd seen, he would have mentioned the redeco?

Perhaps both old and new designs will feature, so we can see them reformat.

Just a thought.

12. AllSparkd

AllSparkd O_O

Can't tell if these two cars are sponsored by Chevrolet or not

13. wildfly

wildfly Formerly the next big thing.

News Credits:
    :lol  :lol  :lol 

[​IMG]

14. Jazz-Bot

Jazz-Bot Autobot Reconnaisance

I'm not gonna read through 20 pages of posts, I'm just gonna speak my peace.

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no NO!!!!

I do not want the Twins back for this movie! Thye were the stupidest and most annoying part of TF2. I actually cheered inside when one of them got eaten by Devastator. And cried inside when he lived. I dont care if the Beavis&Butthead community enjoyed their "comedy" (which is a whole different rant about the films), they bring these movies down. Seriously, what did they contribute to the plot? What did they do that you couldn't have gotten with Sideswipe or Jolt (who were in fact much cooler)?

There, I spoke my peace. I feel better now.

15. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I understand. I won't be touching this movie with a 10 foot pole. I expect more dirty immature jokes and no story again.

16. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    how does it bring the movie down? it was already bad plot wise to begin with. they were the only characters with any sort of substance or development, at least it helped. so what if they did have sideswipe or jolt? we never heard jolt talk so what if he sounded just like the twins? are you gonna write him off as well then? or you just basing that on appearance then?

all these fights and bickering, or conversations are loose loose situations. i loved the twins and I do wish Prime would have stayed dead till the third movie. I hate Prime.

and wow really? just because we have only seen pics of these so called twins ppl are already writing off the movie? good lord you know all damn well you haters will see the damn thing because you will have nothing else better to do.

17. Onslaught Six

Onslaught Six Well-Known Member

Hey, I've got a great idea! Let's take two of the only Movie characters with colour, and make them black!

18. tomagnus

tomagnus question the answers

I, wow, um, kinda like the new styling. still think they need to die.

19. FREEWAY

FREEWAY Banned

I don't know... I've joked about wanting to see them get wiped out too, but I didn't like them at ALL initially, but by the end with the fight against Devastator...I ended up really liking them after all. And while I live in the South, I really don't find them all that racist, to me anyway... I can see WHY people would think that, but the illiterate thing wasn't even an issue, becuase the OTHER Autobots cuoldn't read what Sam was seeing either. But the Twins recognized it, and even Wheelie recognized, but again couldn't read it because it was an ancient script. Then I got to thinking, why would a transformer really NEED to read, when they can have nearly all info either downloaded instantaenously or received by transmission. I mean even the term 'transmetal' was said ONCE (by Ratrap) and then BOOM as if something akin to background noise even the predicons were using the term... (though a possible writers joke of somesuch...we'll never really know). But the new vehicle upgrades do look great. I wonder if their robot modes will be like hunchback robots. And that may be the whole joke, they're BOTH somewhat handicapped and overdo it trying to fit in with the bigger Autobots on Earth...remember they're SUPPOSED to be using language THEY learn & read from what we write and video from OUR internet... (doesn't mean you HAVE to like them, I know) just 'splainin a bit. (Maybe Ratchet will 'fix' their audio receptors and accidentally mute 'em. :p )

Last edited: May 12, 2010
  20. figsdad

figsdad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think they be in this and i prefer there black upgrade than green and orange alt modes..