The Transformers' Spark.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Moy, Jul 6, 2014.

1. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    (SPOILERS)

When Lockdown tears out the Spark out of Ratchet, I noticed that he doesn't destroy it, it's like he collects these.

Many questions came to mind when I saw him doing this, unlike other scenes where the Spark is completely destroyed, Lockdown keeps it inside some type of tube.

Lockdown probably is asked to collect Sparks for the Architects/Creators to to build new life.

[​IMG]

Another possibility is that Lockdown gets rich selling these Sparks to the higest bidder, but that sounds a bit too silly let's leave that to the animated series.

I like to think that Lockdown has been collecting Sparks for ages and maybe the last piece to his mission was Optimus, but alive.

If you care to elaborate on your own theories please do, as the new film left out some very interesting things out.:cool: 

2. The Iron Magnus

The Iron Magnus Optimus's Face-in-a-Box

he's a bounty hunter. He probably keeps em

3. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    "No prisoners, only trophies."

4. Goldenclaw55

Goldenclaw55 Combaticon

News Credits:
    ;) 
    Funny, it has Lockdown's class listed as "Spark Hunter" on the transformers website: bots

5. Ømnidrive

Ømnidrive Stop.....think......fart.....and keep on going

This maybe the only legit thing we have to getting characters back.....doubtful but still :) 

6. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    he drove something through it, it's gone dead Ratchet ain't coming back

7. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He does not. The device on his arm has many points around a hollow center. He drives the points into Ratchets chest to break through the metal and the Spark Core comes out intact and still glowing bright blue. There is art for it and its a "Spark Extractor". If we was just going to destroy the Spark, he could have just reached in with his hand and ripped it out to crush it. He was extracting it for a reason.

8. alanyap

alanyap Will work for LEGO

The argument is moot. eventually we'll see involvement of Primus in the end... and He can ressurect any bot as He see fit,regardless of whether they turned to smithereens or nothingness at all. There are always ways to spin the plot towards this.

9. The Iron Magnus

ratchet is dead and will stay dead. KSI melted him after lockdown shot him.

10. tonyformer

News Credits:
    That concept art you have there is early concept of "early grenade" concept. Those are no taken Sparks on his back but grenades.

11. The Iron Magnus

he collects sparks anyway.

12. tonyformer

News Credits:
    Yes they melted his body and yes Lockdown shot Ratchet, but like he did with OP, he shot to disable, not kill. He shot Ratchet in a way to bring him down and not to damage the Spark. Just as he did with OP. I'm going to say this, and I may be wrong but I believe lockdown was sent to not only bring OP back alive as OP needed to be intact. Lockdown looked to also have a secondary mission and that was to bring back any Sparks of any TFs he killed on his primary mission.

13. tonyformer

News Credits:
    Oh I'm not arguing that. I believe he did take Ratchets Spark intact. But the concept art with the blue glowing objects on his back is a early grenade concept. Its in the concept artest's folder.

14. The Iron Magnus

oh!

15. The Iron Magnus

that's the point. they're grenades, but he collects sparks regardless.

16. tonyformer

News Credits:
    YES, I understand that lol. I'm pointing out to the The original thread creator that the pic he posted shows lockdowns grenades on his back, not collected Sparks.

17. The Iron Magnus

the concept didn't, now i get it!

18. tonyformer

News Credits:
    Anyway, I'm sticking to my opinion that lockdown took ratchets spark for a reason. Why? Because it was not a typical Bay TF death. We have seen The Fallens Spark ripped out and crushed. That's a dead Spark. We seen Jetfire rip out his own Spark and it blink a few times before going offline. But in that case, I feel Jetfire was already too weak and already dying.

All other TFs in typical Bay fashion are ripped apart or beheaded. This taking of a intact still glowing functioning Spark was something Bay is not known or and I feel its a hint. Just my opinion.

19. Morbo

Morbo Knowledge Brings Fear

It may have simply been done for grisly effect, akin to Lockdown ripping out Ratchet's still beating heart and keeping it as a trophy.

It's interesting to speculate that the 'Creators' might have an interest in collecting sparks, but I don't see it as helping bring back the dead. Besides, with Lockdown dead, they won't be getting Ratchet's anyway.

Whatever it means, I find it very hard to imagine Ratchet returning to life in the sequels. Bay's on to new and fresh characters, not reviving sideline Autobots.

Revivals will have to be relegated to the realm of additional media like comics or books, if some are made again for the movieverse.

20. tonyformer

News Credits:
    You are probably right. But as said before, if he took the Spark as a trophy than it would be in his trophy case which is in the ship the Dinobots now have. So it would not be to hard to track down. And Ratchet "could" still come back in a totally new designed body and new alt mode and look nothing like his past look. Same voice actor as Ratchet with a new look. Just as they did with OP.