The Transformers Prime and Beast Hunters toy-line appreciation thread!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by [Wing_Saber-X], Apr 4, 2012.

1. artimus prime

artimus prime Articulation Junkie... I'm a poser

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I don't think so. It's a tiny piece so reinforcing it isn't possible.

2. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Emergency Food Connoisseur

News Credits:
    Ok but mabye i put i tiny bit of glue on a toothpick and apply it would that work?

3. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    I have a question for those who own all three

Which Predaking is the best? I'm eyeing the Ultimate but can't seem to find him on ebay

4. Scarlet knight

News Credits:
    Hilariously i was about to ask the same question

5. EradiconA113N

EradiconA113N But what if I am a robot?

I broke the leg off my itty-bitty ravage that came with my war in a pocket soudwave. I just dabbed it in the glue and stuck it back on. So far it's stayed and I can move it, but I am very gentle with it. You don't need a glob of glue. I say finish breaking it off brush the bottom with glue or dip the bottom of it in glue and hold it on for a bit.

I have the ultimate one. I like him because of his size. There was one a size smaller that I thought looked more accurate in beast mode.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2019
  6. Scarlet knight

News Credits:
    Ok i will try that

7. Deltron Magnus

Deltron Magnus TFW's Prettiest Princess

So I've been wanting to start a Prime collection for a while now. I have been watching a First Edition Optimus on eBay. Is that the best one to get?

Also, I've been reading through some of the posts above about which are the best figures. My question is which specifically would be the best for a collection where they're all on a shelf next to each other. I'm thinking in terms of scaling and how well they fit with one another. Primarily interested in the ones that appeared on the show, but I might be interested in some non-show toys that are particularly cool.

8. Retroheavy

Retroheavy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I also want to do that but I’m gonna hold out a bit and see if the KO’s coming out are gonna be improved. Looks like they are gonna tackle first edition line.

9. prime roller

prime roller 昔者莊周夢為胡蝶⋯

News Credits:
    Any cyanocrilite [sic] based glue should hold that quite strongly. Using a toothpick like you said should work fine, but definitely not as much as a drop hanging off the end.
    I wouldn’t break the piece all the way off if you can get your toothpick in there. If you can open the split up far enough and perhaps score the surfaces with a knife or whatever to rough up the surfaces, then the glue will stick even better.
    Let us know how the operation goes.

10. Scarlet knight

News Credits:
    I will let you know i am going to do it tomorrow

11. Scarlet knight

News Credits:
    Guess what guys it was a success! 20190904_175000.jpg 20190904_175009.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  12. EradiconA113N

She seems to have some paint wear and tear on her (not a bad thing) is she one of your favorites? I know I've put a lot of wear and tear on my eradicons. There are some black dots where the paint has rubbed off from their faces. I did find a silver pin to touch those areas up, but they've come back. I also have a scuff on Bulkhead's foot. I'm not sure how it got there, but when I was a new collector and still in college, I'd tote them around with me all the time. They were probably getting all banged up. That was back when my collection could fit in a bag. Now all of them barely fit in an 18-gallon tote--I really don't think all of them could fit in there anymore. I wouldn't want to put them in there anyway, they'd really get beat up.

On a second note when I first got the first Windblade that was released I watched a review on her and found her fan on the back of her helm comes off, but in the video, it also said to be careful removing it because it will break. So I was being careful, then slightly impatient and I thought if I just a little more force.... and then it broke. I super glued it back on and you can barely tell it was broken, there is just a small, thin line where the pieces are connected.

Anybody else have stories about the repair of their favorite figures? Or stories behind nicks and scratches in your figures from use and love?

13. Scarlet knight

News Credits:
    She is one of my favorites but she is my sister's favorite so that is why I'm so happy i repaired it

14. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  15. EradiconA113N

Well, I just went through this page from the beginning of when I started posting, which is less than 100 pages ago. I saved all the pics I posted so I won't repost the same pics, which I noticed I only did once. It was fun looking through some older things. I noticed that I like Transformers Prime GO! Shockwave and will have to hunt for him. And also I found the prototype Shockwave if anyone was looking for him. He's kinda pricey, but if you have the money, go for it. LINK

I'll one up ya on the Starscream large to small image
    tumblr_ododbatTDf1sn650eo1_500.png
    I wish I remembered where my original pic was, I'd upload a larger image. This is mine from tumblr.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Yes 1st Edition Prime(the voyager) is the best Optimus Prime figure from TF Prime to get.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Fenrir Zero

Fenrir Zero Permanently Retired (1984-2020)

Before I answer I need t warn you that my collecting habits are a bit more unorthodox than most. And I am only here because I am debating on which versions of Arcee I should add. With that said... Yes he is a great start to any Transformers Prime collections. And I would even go far as to suggest that you try to get his Hasbro and TakaraTomy variants as well if you can afford to. :) 

18. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Dug out and cleaned up one of the first major Transformer customs I ever did. Up until this, I had done a good bit of part swapping, modding and paintwork. Much of that was pretty time consuming and involved, but nothing like what I did with this one. The big difference was because this was for my daughter.

We both watched Prime together, and she really liked Predaking's design. When the toy was shown, she was so happy and really wanted it. So, I got it for her and she was disappointed because it was such a horrible gimmick figure. Huge and imposing, but the neck and stiff tail were unforgivable.
    I went on a mission to make it better for her, so the next few months were spent sculpting, sourcing and downright creating new parts for it.

I don't have a 3D printer, so everything I did had to be done by hand. Not the easiest task, but one I was ready for just to make my kiddo happy.

This took about four months to complete, and in the end, she was thrilled with it.

Anyway, here's Predaking:
    20190911_073536.jpg 20190911_073457.jpg 20190911_073441.jpg 20190911_073428.jpg 20190910_062252.jpg 20190910_062409.jpg 20190910_062336.jpg

• Like Like x 14
  19. Scarlet knight

News Credits:
    Now that is a custom

• Like Like x 2
  20. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette Average Core Gundam enjoyer

News Credits:
    Picked up a second-hand TF: Prime deluxe Vehicon (The RID mainline one) for roughly MYR 60. For a second-hand toy, this one is kept quite well with no missing or damaged parts at all.

IMG_20190918_182150.jpg IMG_20190918_182214.jpg

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
    • Like Like x 7