The Toys R Us New/Restocked/Shipped/Preorder Items Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by optimusfan, Oct 20, 2012.

1. bossman328

bossman328 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I ended up finding them at TRU this morning...I will just return the bogus order i received. no harm done

2. Arkitect76

Arkitect76 Fanaticon

News Credits:
    Can someone whos has tried this help me out?

Here's my thing....can you price match the online TRU store price for the FE voyagers AND use the Groupon coupon they were selling not too long ago ($20 for $10)? it clearly says it on their price matching policy that coupons can be used....the after deducting coupons savings is what throws me off.....

Price Match Guarantee, We Match Competitors - Toys"R"Us, Babies"R"Us

Asking because I was told they can't price match and use a coupon....and with the current BOGOH sale going on....makes it seem like they don't want me to use this at all....when it seems like I can.....appreciate your help on this...thanks

3. sh002

sh002 Banned

I don't remember if the groupon was for regularly priced items. I not then you should be good.

4. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

It shouldn't be an issue, the Groupon is more like a gift card than a coupon.

5. Arkitect76

Arkitect76 Fanaticon

News Credits:
    the only price restrictions on the terms are that it has to be a minimum of $20 purchase or more....nothing about regularly priced items and such....so I guess this means they are just ignoring their policies....I guess i would have to speak to manager about this....just didnt want to make a fuss out of this if I, indeed, was not understanding the terms...

oh, ok.....good to know...then I can go in there this afternoon with back up....didnt want to look like a butthead goin in there....lol....thanks for sharing..

6. yesidoknow

yesidoknow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The FE voyagers were the same price in store and online yesterday when I was at TRU.

7. Arkitect76

Arkitect76 Fanaticon

News Credits:
    forgot to mention....I am in NYC....EVERYTHING is more expensive here...

8. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

You could always just call and ask, to be safe.

Like I said, I can't imagine that there would be an issue, but if you're ever worried, just call. I called ahead to see if they would let me get half off a figure because I bought one the day before, and the following day they had a BOGO half off deal and they happily obliged.

9. Big McLargeHuge

Big McLargeHuge I don't need this

Wow... that IS messed up!

10. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Actually, I had a bit of difficulty with this. When I went to a store to try to use my groupon and also a $5 TRU Rewards certificate to get a Powerdive, the cashier kept trying to feed me some lines about how the groupon "didn't work that way" and how it wasn't like paying with cash. Eventually she got a manager up there and he was cool and just let me pay like that, but a word of warning that trying to use the groupon exactly like a gift card might not work.

Although I've heard of exactly 0 people who have had a similar problem using the groupon so maybe it was just one dumb store.

Also I am now fearful of my order that was shipped yesterday. I really hope they got everything right or I'm pretty sure I'm not ordering through tru.com ever again.

11. peaces

peaces Well-Known Member

stores in general have been really ******ed due to the bad economy

12. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    I ordered 2 FE Voyager Primes and 2 FE Bulkheads. I got 1 Prime and 3 Bulkheads. The nice lady from TRU customer service said they would ship out another prime to me and I just had to return the Bulkhead to my local TRU.

13. Arkitect76

Arkitect76 Fanaticon

News Credits:
    Well, I just came back from TRU...I said I wanted to price match the online offer and they said they could do the price match online (currently 24.99 for FE voyagers) but cannot match the BOGOH because their "system won't let them"....FE voyagers at the store are currently at $28.99.....what a bunch of BS....has anyone heard about this? is this true?

14. MetalicGrunt

MetalicGrunt Rust Proof Commando

News Credits:
    thats complete BULLSH*T!. Cashier/ Manager didn't want to deal with you and they couldn't care less

15. Flyby33

Flyby33 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    When I got my 2 fe voyagers it was bogo 50% off plus I used a 5$ hasbro coupon. Sounds like they were lazy and didn't want to call a manager over to deal with it.

16. Arkitect76

Arkitect76 Fanaticon

News Credits:
    Tell me about it...that flagship store of theres is the worst....DO NOT GO WITH ANY INTENTIONS OF GETTING A LEGITIMATE OFFER TO TS TRU IN NYC....you won't get it....there price match guarantee says "Price Match Guarantee On Everything" its more selective price match guarantee the way I see it....Ima try to go corporate to see what they say about this..

17. Kripp

Kripp Well-Known Member

I ordered SB, SW and both data disc packs. I got 2 SW's and both data discs. WTH is aTRU doing? Now SB is out of stock.

18. peaces

peaces Well-Known Member

sadly this is typical for tru

19. Fast_Draw

Fast_Draw Pretender

News Credits:
    I did lol. I just got my packages and sure enough 2 Rumble/Ravage packs.

20. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Got mine today. 1 of each cassette pack, and soundblaster. No issues, looks like I got lucky.