The Toys R Us New/Restocked/Shipped/Preorder Items Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by optimusfan, Oct 20, 2012.

1. peaces

peaces Well-Known Member

probably by trying every search they can think of on the site. the site is so bad that the employees can't find anything.

2. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    No, TRU is a business. They exist to make money, not serve entitled collectors.

3. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dang, wish TRU had something else I wanted right now. But the only thing I'm interested in is Soundwave and I can't justify purchasing him alone. Maybe they'll get the new FoC Deluxes up in the near future.

Their search feature is stupid, but I think I found how people might be finding these listings (tried this with Firefox and Chrome), using Soundwave as an example:

- Go to the tru.com homepage and locate the box that has "Search by keyword (etc)..." in it.
    - Begin typing in what you're looking for, one letter at a time. As you type, a drop-down menu will appear with suggestions. For instance, typing "S" produces the suggestions "skylanders, strollers", etc.
    - Keep typing one letter at a time. By the time you get to "Soundw", the only two items in the suggestions drop-down will be FoC Generations Voyager Soundwave...and Kre-O Sentinel Prime, for some reason.
    - Rather than finishing typing your entry into the box, click on the drop-down suggestion for FoC Voyager Generations Soundwave. Takes you right to the listing.
    - Now, try quickly typing "Soundwave" into the search box and hitting Enter or the "Go!" button. The only listings that will come up are two listing for TF Prime Deluxe Soundwave.

The above method gives the same type of results for Soundblaster, the Frenzy/Ratbat two-pack (if 'frenzy' is the search term; doesn't work for 'ratbat') and Ravage/Rumble (if 'ravage' is the search term; doesn't work for 'rumble').

I don't think that word means what you think it means. But don't worry, you're hardly alone in getting it wrong.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  4. xMostWanted559x

xMostWanted559x Well-Known Member

Is foc deluxes on the list?

5. MechaV

MechaV Not as bad as you think.

News Credits:
    Hoping the Wave 3 FoC Deluxes go up soon.

Really gotta get a Kickback.

6. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
  7. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Soundblaster is back in stock; I just ordered it and the Ravage/Rumble two-pack.

Between the BOGO40% off and the fact that Voyagers on the website are cheaper than at my TRU, it came out to almost exactly the same price as it would've if I found them at retail... but I didn't have to bother with hunting.

8. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Whippin Dem Fungals

News Credits:
    Crap in a hat he's gone again. Screw it sale or no sale I'm just going to wait. Should have learned with the GDO voyagers. Oy.

9. fake

fake Return to Innocence

TRu is killing my wallet. These were not supposed to be here till next year!! Had to order soundblaster and the disk packs. TRU's shipping rates are so skewed. SoundBlaster + Soundwave was 6 something. SoundBlaster + 2 data disk packs is 11 something.

10. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Well, you could always just tell it to email you when it's back in stock and then you'll promptly be able to-BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAAA... haa... ha. Sorry. Couldn't keep a straight face. Just have to keep checkin' and hope you get lucky. Seems like TRU.com does restocks early in the morning (6-7 or so?).

Soundblaster + 1 Datadisk pack was $6 something. Weird.

11. PlutoniumX

PlutoniumX Freelance Super Hero

News Credits:
    I just threw in one of the Spider-man Jumpstarters for the newphew to get free shipping.

12. Atomatron

Atomatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ordered, soundblaster, 2 swerves, and engineer vs trilobite all at once for free shipping

only 2 swerves shipped, they are screwing themselves shipping separately? wow

13. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    TRU isn't messed around with shipping these things. I ordered my Soundblaster/Soundwave Saturday night and it hit the mailbox Saturday night. Should be here tomorrow.

14. salmonman78

salmonman78 That's MR. Magnus to you all...

Ordered mine Saturday as well and it will be here Thursday. Freaking stoked it made it out ok so far.

15. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ordered mine Friday night and the damned things came today..

16. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    On the front page it says today is free shipping day and its free standard shipping on all standard shipping orders to street addresses in the continental United States.

I put in my street address and it still charges me shipping and I went all the way to the review page. I guess its shame on me since I thought TRU.com might actually work this time.

17. GreyFox787

GreyFox787 Well-Known Member

Wish Soundblaster was in stock, and I might place an order...I've got Soundwave and both Cassette/Disc packs in my cart...tempted to just add a FE Optimus to the bundle and place an order...

18. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The order has to be $60 or more for free shipping.

19. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    I knew they had that special, but on the front page they advertise today is free shipping Monday and it doesn't mention the $59 minimum. But I think I found out that its just on a select group of items.

TRU Dec 17 Free Shipping Day

20. s_cren

s_cren Banned

Well this sucks i have FOC soundwave GDO powerdive and both 2 pack disc sets total is 54.36 and im being charge 7.30 in shipping my total is 61.66 since im being charged shipping id only be saving 4$ if i ordered them with no sale because then id get free shipping since it would be over 60$ i might just hold off then.