The Toys R Us New/Restocked/Shipped/Preorder Items Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by optimusfan, Oct 20, 2012.

1. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot What does God need with a starship?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    3...2....1.... unwatched. Bye guys, keep it real. It was fun. :bay 

2. Sunsetter

Sunsetter Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Keep checking those shelves! The Burbank TRU must've found a hidden box because they put out some old RID: Clash of the Transformers stuff. They had Paralon, the white Power Surge Optimus Prime, and the Decepticon Island Showdown set with Bumblebee and Steeljaw. They also put out a bunch of the more recent TLK Voyager Reveal the Shield Optimus Prime (using the DotM mold) that they didn't have out last week. I picked up the white Optimus and the Showdown set.

3. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

I’m still hoping to find some Marvel Legends 2-packs.

4. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    Depends on which you're looking for. The Scarlet Witch/Vision and Antman/Stinger are now EE exclusives. If you're looking for Cyclops/Phoenix or Spiderman/Mary Jane, it'd be unlikely you'd find them. Though if you live near Irvine (in CA), I can tell you where to get them right now at a collectible shop. Now the Klaw/Shuri and Hydra 2-pack have been resurfacing at a few TRUs so keep checking out for those. But considering Sunsetter's finds, your best bet is to always be checking everyday at opening to see what's available.

5. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

I’m hoping for Vision and Scarlet Witch. People are still finding them at TRU.

6. fanbase0000

fanbase0000 Well-Known Member

The McDonough, GA TRU yesterday got in cases of the Vision/Scarlet Witch 2 pack. All of them were spider wrapped - it’s a new item for the store, which I didn’t see there last week.

7. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Toys R Us's bills are so confusing. Last year, I picked up six Marvel Legends two-packs (three, doubled for a friend that also collects) during a sale plus the Juniper Montage MLP set. I think the sale was BOGO 40% or BOGO 15%. It's hard to tell for reasons that will be shown below.

So the initial e-mail says they charged 2@$79.98 each for Marvel set and 1@$29.99 for MLP, plus $13.77 tax, making a grand total of $243.21. Somehow. (total should be $283.70)
    So the pickup alert e-mail says they charged 2@$33.99 for each Marvel set and 1@$25.50 for MLP, plus $13.77 tax, for a grand total of $243.21. Somehow. (total should be $243.21)
    So the pickup completion e-mail says they charged 1@$33.99 for each Marvel set and 1@$25.50 for MLP, plus who knows because tax is missing, for a grand total of $243.21. Somehow. (total should be $229.44)

Now, none of these is actually right.

The first has the wrong unit price because it aggregated the prices, that aggregate doesn't account for the sale, and, thus, the total, based on the amounts shown, is wrong.

The second adds up right...but it spreads the sale across all items. Weirdly. I can't come up with a percentage that works. BOGO 40/30/25/20/15 would make each set $31.99/$33.99/$34.99/$35.99/$36.99. Pretty sure it wasn't BOGO 30%. The MLP set is 17% off. That's not a discount they usually offered. I'm pretty sure when I ordered it, it was down to $19.99 from $29.99. So where's the other $5.51 come from?

The third actually breaks down all seven items individually...but doesn't apply the sale correct either...and, lacking the tax, the total is wrong.

They don't give a store receipt when you do a pickup (and order history on the site only went back 30-60 days even before closing was announced), so who knows what I was actually charged. I assume $243.21, because that's the only constant, but who the hell knows.

Can you imagine what their books must look like if three different e-mails to the customer look like this?

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
  8. LSyd

LSyd Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Asheville, NC has Infernocus on shelves. Abd Cybertron. And lots and lots of RID Windblade. Knoxville TN is almost cleated out. Primemasters and turbochangers only.

-

9. transmasterc

transmasterc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Makes me wonder what TRU is going to do with the rest of the TR Grotesque figures they still had on their site. Before the liquidation they were still available. I was lucky to get them well before the their collapse. Never saw him in store same with Arcee.

10. LSyd

LSyd Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ross. Ollie's. Tuesday Morning.

-

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bakuformer00

Bakuformer00 Autobot Servant

Well, I think we should rename it.....and call it Geoffrey's old toy store he used to be a part in but is now out of a job because the store is liquidating and he has to go somewhere else because KB is coming back in the holidays New/Stocked/Shipped/Preordered Items thread.

12. reluttr

reluttr Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So... I actually had part of my order ship Friday and Ill be getting it Wednesday.

Granted it was RID Blurr and Jolly Rancher Movie Optimus. lol

I guess ill get the Voltron Lions I actually wanted from Amazon or Walmart whenever they restock.

13. Sunsetter

Sunsetter Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Burbank store keeps surprising me! They finally put out the Studio Series Thundercracker, though I grabbed the last one.

14. fanbase0000

fanbase0000 Well-Known Member

I got the all 5 Voltron Legendary Defender Lions and the 5 Voltron metal defender lions last month at a wave 1 TRU. I still see the Legendary Defender Lions at a couple wave 2 TRU at 20% off. Not bad considering TRU sales the items at same price as Target and Walmart. The 2 sets goes well with my 30th Anniversary Voltron that I bought over 3 years ago.

15. mirarage

mirarage Agent of Primus

News Credits:
    Found the vision/scarlet witch 2-pk here at montgomeryville-PA last tuesday.
    Also, the 2pks are not EE exclusives.
    They are also available on BBTS.

16. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    Well they actually are EE exclusives, BBTS is just selling them after ordering them from EE. It's why the BBTS price is higher. But I'm just being pedantic.

EE will also be selling the Antman/Stinger 2-pack, Star Wars Black Series Zuchuss, and it hasn't been said but I also assume the Thor/Rocket/Groot 3 pack. There may be a few other goodies (they seem like they're trying to become the main distributor for MP TFs since TRU's downfall) but I can't remember any more.

17. AzT

AzT Moderator News Staff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  18. SideswipeFriend2005

SideswipeFriend2005 Mirror Universe Counterpart

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
  19. Calabask

Calabask Waspinator Cultist

News Credits:
    I do hope they come back. They did a lot of shitty things, especially to employees(Worked there numerous years. I know.), but it's one place where I worked season after season enjoying myself by helping kids have great christmas's, and the staff of my store, understood that, and encouraged me. If I can get that again, it'd be great. Right now there's no other place that has that feeling for me except for like Spirit Halloween.

• Like Like x 1
  20. MilanX3

MilanX3 Well-Known Member

We still have ToysRUS in Canada...you are all welcome to visit and spend your hard earned American dollars up here! :) 

• Like Like x 2