The Toughest Transformers to Actually Transform

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by KingStyle, Dec 5, 2012.

1. KingStyle

KingStyle Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  2. JacobPGalvatron

JacobPGalvatron Storm Trooper #1

MP Rodimus makes me want to throw him across the room every time I try to put him in car mode.

3. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    Leader Prime and MP Megatron. I bet most people mention one or both of those.

4. UTF

UTF Manifestation of /toy/

News Credits:
    Mach Kick. Always Mach Kick.

5. KaguyaHouraisan

KaguyaHouraisan TORANS-FORMAAAA!

That was quite intresting. Is it just me or are the new toys a bit easier to transform than the older ones? I like it if the toy is not too hard to transform. It's fun to figure out how to transform the figure without instructions. I sometimes do this when i get a new tf toy.

6. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What point of reference are you using as old and new? It's been noted that Revenge of the Fallen toys tended to be pretty darned complex for any given size class, to the point of frustration, such that the Dark of the Moon toys probably represented a conscious design shift in the other direction with more streamlined engineering, which has largely carried through to the other lines going forward.

7. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    In the comments, people are saying G2 Dreadwing and Generations Wheeljack are really hard? Beast Wars Megatron too?

Oh, Kotaku.

The actual list is mostly agreeable, aside from alternators smokescreen. He's not that bad.

Great article for a VIDEO GAME NEWS SITE, by the way.

8. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

MP Megatron is a doozy but I don't dread transforming him like most people on this board.

9. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    BW Ram Horn. (brown beetle, arms of Tripredacus). I mean, Tripredacus is tough, but nothing is harder than trying to get that specific member of the team back to beast-mode.

10. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Leader Sentinel Prime & ROTF Voyager Mixmaster are both a pain in the Tailpipe.

Alternators Wheeljack/Grimlock is harder than Smokescreen (But the double jointed neck on the Binaltech one helps a little on that version of Wheeljack).

G2 Dreadwing is straighforward I can't see how he's hard -especially plane mode to gound mode that is idiotically easy you just pull the smaller jet out and press and couple of buttons to flip the treads out and then swing the launcher around - how is that hard ? I might agree more if they were refering instead to the other G2 Dreadwing the Mindwipe repaint - he's a bit "Tabby"

The slightly anoying trick to Generation Wheeljack and various repaints is that you need to know the trick of the arms when getting him into vehicle mode if you don't it will leave you scratching your head... so I can see why it might puzzle some people at times. but you need to not fold his arms up and try to close the back you need to fold his arms mostly over but then peg them into the hole in the boot (trunk) and then close the trunk (this also fold the arms for you at the same time) if you try to get the trunk closed on the arms when the arms are prefolded you will be there a very long time.

I'd like to know why when I Transform First edition Cliffjumper 1/3rd of the time he fits together perfectly in car mode and 2/3rds he does not.

Speaking of silly design though - what on earth were hasbro thinking when they designed Prime Kup's Hood ? the only easy way to get the thing open is to push your thumb up from the underside and pop it off the joint (which you'd need to do to put it in a better position in robot mode anyway - by flipping it upside down) but all the official means does is chip the paint and risk snapping the hood piece in half - not to mention having that flap hang off in the official way is just asking to have it snap off on you.

11. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero

Ebay:
    MP Megs.

12. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Never bought MP Megs as I didn't like toys that came rusty from new and that had such dirpy expressions.

13. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm rather stunned the article didn't mention Universe Galvatron. That figure drives me batty every time I transform it, so I try to keep it to a minimum.

14. KaguyaHouraisan

KaguyaHouraisan TORANS-FORMAAAA!

Referring from beginning of the franchise to the newest toys. And yeah i can believe that the bayverse toys are horribly complicated.

15. An Army of Bees

An Army of Bees WTF@TFW Podcast Editor Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Valkysas stole my post.

The comments made me kinda curious as to what kind of person would find Generations Kup of all toys to be hard to transform. Wheeljack I can kind of understand if you don't know about the arm grooves...

16. Ceerad

Ceerad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Call me crazy, but I think the harder and more intricate a transformer is, the more I like it.
    Especially if I haven't touch the toy in years. The other day I pulled Alternators Mirage out of storage for the first time in 2-3 years. It took me a good 20 minutes to transform him correctly. ROTF Leader Prime hasn't come off the shelf in quite some time, but after reading this thread, I'm looking forward to seeing him in truck mode for the first time in a long time.

17. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Dat bloody DOTM/ ROTF Leader Prime mould is officially a bit*h to transform all right.

18. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
  19. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's where I'm at. I LOVE the complex transformations. I go out of my way to find the most complex.
    People that don't own MP5 Megatron like to knock it, but it is a masterstroke of toy engineering. It's SO complex I love it. Bot mode is FAR from derpy.
    ROTF prime is fun to me. Mixmaster is fun..I love all the hard ones. MP Rodimus is just fun to me.

20. Transmetal

Transmetal Well-Known Member

^THIS I love me some ROTF Leader Prime!