The Thirteen: Who Are Yours

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by BScorpinok75, May 18, 2016.

?

Who Are Your Preferred Ancient Transformers?

1. Multiverse 13

14 vote(s)
    14.1%
  2. Aligned 13

22 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. IDW 13

22 vote(s)
    22.2%
  4. Guiding Hand

4 vote(s)
    4.0%
  5. Other...

15 vote(s)
    15.2%
  6. None...

22 vote(s)
    22.2%
  1. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    yea, the bull is the weakest of the four judging from pics. so rethinking my nexus, instead of using foc ruination i may see if i can source a g2 silverbolt and airraid, i already have ironhide (as smolder), a cbb blades and another random limb

• Like Like x 1
  2. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde born-again First Churcher

News Credits:
    Because I'm a dumb fan who dabbles in dumb fanfiction I have my own headcanon for how I'd portray the thirteen. I feel like I used to like the Thirteen a lot more before Aligned and IDW continue to use the version of them I liked the least.

Primus' Guiding Hand and Unicron's Pentacore could easily exist alongside the Thirteen as legendary figures themselves.

My 'pantheon' goes as such, at least until I change it:

- Prima, the warrior of light and the first 'born', and very closely made in the image of his creator. A leader.

- Xal Maximus / The Liege Maximo, the warrior of darkness and the first Decepticon. His 'real' name comes from something from Ask Vector Prime. Created as the unfortunate "but necessary" counter to Prima and Primus himself. Has no interest in Unicron, and is essentially the creator of "technoism", doesn't even acknowledge organic lifeforms as sentient. Becomes more and more hideous and eventually abandons his original name and creates a legacy in his dark and twisted image.

- Vector Prime, the guardian of time and close friend to Logos Prime. I figure something tragic could happen to him, thus giving Vector control of both time and space. Maybe the first Autobot? Perhaps he and Logos are students of the Chronarcitect.

- Nexus Maximus / Nexus Prime, the first combiner. I figure he'd eventually change his 'last name' after Xal makes his intentions and beliefs clear.

- Onyx Prime, in-tune with nature and the organic. Very intimidating in appearance, and while very fierce in battle, he had a gentle spark. Became close friends with Micronus, who always saw past his beastly exterior.

- Solus Prime, the smith, the builder. Had a hand in building some of the most legendary and revered artifacts and weapons in Cybertronian history. Very sincere, supportive and friendly, but has a bit of a temper. She wished to find the good in everyone, even in ones like Xal.

- Micronus Prime, the progeniter of the Mini-cons. Was able to increase the power of his allies, and give them access to powers they wouldn't otherwise have. Often seen with Onyx.

- Alchemist Prime, the elemental. Very gentle and even-tempered, someone who could be friends with anyone. Even as the other members of his clan would leave, or be lost, he would remain on Cybertron to help with the development of future civilizations alongside Alpha Trion, maybe changing his name and opening a drinking hole at some point.

- Logos Prime, the guardian of space. Close friend of Vector Prime and fellow student of the Chronarcitect.

- Autonomous Maximus, the sentinel. The Last Autobot. Silent, immensely powerful, towering over the others. Created as a last defense.

- Amalgamous Prime, the trickster. Body constantly in motion. Can take a variety of forms at will. Swears by Adaptus.

- Alpha Trion / A-3, the chronicler. Guardian of Vector Sigma, chosen to record history as it unfolds. Incredibly wise and knowledgeable.

And lastly.

Metatron / The Fallen. The guardian of entropy, as well as the first (and possibly greatest) of Unicron's heralds. "Metatron's original purpose as one of the 13 was to oversee entropy, the orderly dissolution of all things in preparation for the next creation. But the concept of destruction fascinated him too much, and he lost sight of the goal of rebirth and the necessity of restraint. His investigations into the dark sciences led him to Unicron, to whom he gave himself"

After betraying his creator and his kin, he became known throughout time as "The Fallen".

And that's not even opening the can of worms that is the Quintessons and their role in all this.

• Like Like x 2
  3. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    appreciate the input!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fenrys

News Credits:
    6CD421F4-CB4A-4A7C-AFB1-A6B786CAB635.jpeg
    My thirteen so far, club ironfist/fisitron is partvof nexus as well, he’s an auxiliary limb. Still waiting on my amalgamous, onyx and prima to show up, still gotta order an alpha q and still gotta make a solid decision on Solus and then they’ll be complete

• Like Like x 1
  5. rikaldomario

rikaldomario Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was going to skip POTP Inferno but now I'm considering getting him to be the torso for Nexus Prime. I think his his read and white color scheme looks "primey" enough and Defensor's head to me looks vaguely similar to Nexus' head from IDW. The limbs can be Galvatronus' limbs Quickslinger, Brakeneck, Dlx Groove and Blast Off (if he is indeed coming)

What do you guys think?

• Like Like x 4
  6. Gauntletblade

Gauntletblade Wrecker

Wow, my list sure has changed. Some are the same, but most.....wow.
    Prima = Same
    Nexus Prime = Same
    Onyx Prime = In Flux (TF Go! Go Prime, Prime BH Darksteel, Cyb. Nemesis Breaker are all options)
    Liege Maximo = Currently Empty
    Megatronus = Prime BBTS DE Megatron
    Amalgamous Prime = Same
    Micronus Prime = Currently Arm. Corona Sparkplug (may swap for Cyb. Safeguard Gold Ver.)
    Vector Prime = Standard VP from Cyb. sans Sparkplug
    Alpha Trion = Same
    Solus Prime = Botcon Knight Flareup
    Alchemist Prime = Cyb. Crumplezone
    Quintus Prime = En. Dreadwing
    13th Prime = Unknown/Logos Prime = Empty/FoC SoundBlaster

Leige is probably the one giving me the most trouble, though I think Prime Skyquake could work.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Finally got a primus to go with my growing 13 and made a cape for liege Maximo, cloth only cost $1 at Walmart
    E79D5ABD-2C50-4D79-82BC-AE8544D7DEF6.jpeg
    71786BF7-DB36-4CA3-9ACF-DB83C37DCF30.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  8. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee Funny Little Man

My mom bought me an Animorphs Visser Three that looks like it would make a good Onyx Prime.

RID Combiner Force Ultra Bee is my placeholder in case I never get the Collectors Club Nexus Prime.

I have the Target exclusive variant, so the regular Tiny Turbo Changers Optimus Prime serves as Micronus.

RID2015 Power Surge Optimus Prime serves as the Arisen, due to the similar design cues between it and the upcoming Cyberverse Warrior Optimus Prime.

I'm thinking TLK Megatron could also do double duty as the Fallen, until/unless I get Studio Series Megatron or RID Megatronus.

I'd love to someday get the official Cybertron Vector Prime and Titans Return Alpha Trion, and Movie 2007 Protoform Optimus Prime looks like it could be a good Prima.
    Everyone else is uncertain. I'm content to wait and see what comes into my collection for repurposing.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Zylly103

Zylly103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Let's see...

Prima: The recent TLK recolor of the original Protoform Movie Optimus
    Liege Maximo: TLK Voyager Megatron
    Megatronus: RiD2015 Megatronus
    Solus Prime: Titan Hunters Windblade
    Vector Prime: Cybertron Vector Prime
    Alpha Trion: Titans Return Alpha Trion
    Micronus: Armada Over-Run
    Onyx Prime: TLK Deluxe Steelbane
    Nexus Prime: Energon Bruticus Maximus (possibly with some additional mixed limbs)
    Amalgamus Prime (here the first multi-changer): Titans Return Quickswitch

I also break with the traditional 13 for the last 3...

Artemis Prime (the Hunter): Beast Hunters Arcee
    Loci Prime (the first Titan): Cybertron Metroplex
    Delphi Prime (the Seer): Titans Hunter Arcee

• Like Like x 1
  10. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Got my prima in today, 8 down and 4-5 to go
    A995D6C9-C0DE-4AB8-831E-C98EDEF35BCC.jpeg B21A39B7-17C2-419E-91F4-D07873DAF026.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  11. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I lean towards the Quintesson origin more than anything. It appeals to the sci-fi nerd in me more than the quasi-mystical, semi-biblical 13 stuff.

That’s not to say there’s no room for the 13 in the Quintesson origin. They could have merely been the first 13 to gain sentience before driving the Quints off-world. If the 13 were ever incorporated into Sunbow G1 (not to be confused with any other version of G1), that’s how I’d present them: Quintesson products that gained sentience, and led a revolt against their masters & their buyers.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Protector of Ed-Land

Anybody have ideas on who POTP Inferno can be. I honestly want the toy for the combined mode, so I'm trying to find a justification for it in general.

Low hanging fruit is the center component of Nexus Prime. That would probably require a rename, though and doesn't really further one's Primes. (On a similar note, I'd love a straight blue or blue and red recolor of Alpha Bravo for a Nexus, although that would still only be 2/5.)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Personally I’m going to make him titanmaster compatible and use him for cab/hosehead

• Like Like x 1
  14. rikaldomario

rikaldomario Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was thinking of doing the same, getting him to be the torso for Nexus Prime. He can be called Heatwave (and double as the CHUG version of the Rescue Bot) or Cannonspring, another alternative for the Nexus components leader (according to TFWiki).

As for a blue Alpha Bravo, I like that idea, especially if it is a CHUG Rotorstorm.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Got my onyx and Solus today! Now just waiting on amalgamous and gotta order an alpha q for my quintus and my set will be complete!
    D255917D-DC7E-442A-B5EF-E1E4205FC85C.jpeg A342A00C-D660-423F-A3B8-6B231246F011.jpeg 18DB6B46-C15C-4DB6-9A30-577212441931.jpeg

16. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Got energon alpha quintesson in today to use as Quintus Prime! Just one left!
    C63CC401-C1DD-452A-84E9-66C09B62BE7D.jpeg 0B91C14D-B2C0-46B4-944D-1F4E22625916.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  17. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Protector of Ed-Land

Ooh, I love that Solus is taller than Alpha Trion. If it were an official toy with some more color, I think I would have my dream Solus (well, I guess aside from the custom I am prepping for...) Does she transform?

Also always did want an excuse to get the oddball release that is Alpha Q...

• Like Like x 3
  18. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Yep, my solus transforms and as far as I can tell she isn’t based on any pre-existing transformer figure (unlike others in the Jia Qi line. The only one of my 13 that doesn’t transform is quintus
    CA0CA355-EB73-478A-AD7F-604A0AFA5D5F.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  19. Autoboty

Autoboty Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The original Thirteen has a long way to go for toys (and most of them aren't even that good), so I opted for a group of 'knights' instead. All are Voyager class Primes/leaders, but no two are the same mold, no two share the same name, and no two are from the same continuity, The list is still incomplete, but here's what I have. (The title and continuity of each knight is listed in parentheses.)

LG-41 Leo Prime (Knight of Wisdom, Beast Wars)
    LG-EX Black Convoy (Knight of Chaos, Car Robots)
    TLK-EX Dark Optimus Prime (Knight of Vengeance, Movie)
    TFC-A03 Hot Rodimus (Knight of Courage, IDWverse)
    Custom Star Saber (Knight of Justice, Victory)

• Like Like x 1
  20. BuyandBuild

BuyandBuild Well-Known Member

Which version of Prime is that?