The thing this movie needed most

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Torque, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:

Where were scenes like this? Ever since 3, it seems we don't get to see real transformations any more. And now is only likely to get worse with transformium in the mix now.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  2. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    I remember some people complaining about not enough transformations in RotF. We had several in AoE, a few by Optimus with both trucks, a couple by Lockdown, some by Bumblebee and Drift, and the Dinobots.
    I do hope Galvatron's transformation "stabilizes" in the next movie, though, to be more traditional...

3. Chainlink

Chainlink No real than you are

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I had a dream last night where Galvatron transformed normally. It was great. And then I woke up and realized it wasn't true.

I do remember several transformations in the movie, but not enough. I don't even recall Hound or Crosshairs transforming, nor do I remember Drift going to car mode or the reverse.

I think what we really need are some in battle transformations. It seems that when there's a fight, they're always in bot mode. Remember Jazz in TF1 when he drove, transformed, and attacked Brawl? The Cons transformed a lot too in that movie during the final fight. We need more of that.

4. Smashs

Smashs Internet: Pure Truth Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yea, Drift/Crosshairs/Hound never transformed on screen. One of my favorite parts of DotM was Bee changing on the fly. After catching Sam and Lennox, and when they were all fighting Sentinel, and Bee backs up to flee and pops into alt mode.

5. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    Drift transformed like 3 times!

6. Smashs

News Credits:
    I meant into/out of his Bugatti mode. Or did I just miss it?

7. Archer

Archer Well-Known Member

Optimus transformed on screen at least twice in the evasion mode and once in new truck mode. So did a lot of the bots like Bee, Drift and the Dinos.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  8. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, we never see Drift, Crosshairs or Hound transform into their "Car/truck" modes or from them to robot mode.

9. DmRazor

DmRazor Well-Known Member

Well, there're only a few native Decepticons left, but there are a load of KSI-bots. Transformers franchise transforming into Transmorfers?:confused: 

10. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A load of KSI bots where? Joshua said there were 50 that Galvatron took over. And I'd say almost all of them were killed in the movie. The only one they show getting away was Galvatron.

11. Smashs

News Credits:
    Right. And wasn't the line something like 'There are fewer than a dozen Decepticons left'?

Galv + whomever they are will likely be the next Con lineup.

12. DmRazor

DmRazor Well-Known Member

50 KSI-bots, ready to battle, but what about those, who were at the manufacturing stage when Galvatron woke up? I don't think he destroyed KSI completely, all that precious robot data and those mindless drones might be alive and well.

I hope it'll be a squad of tripple-changers and combiners. If not, bad guys are doomed.

13. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    I hope they resurrect characters who died earlier the way Megatron was revived.

14. PANTSMAN1973

PANTSMAN1973 Well-Known Member

Yeah. Bring back Starscream as Scourge or Cyclonus maybe? God I miss Starscream.

15. Matt-o-matic

Matt-o-matic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There were a fair few transformations, but it would've been nice to see Crosshairs and Hound transform at least once and Drift transform into his car mode AND go from car into helicopter (he could've done that at KSI).

16. The Iron Magnus

The Iron Magnus Optimus's Face-in-a-Box

Hound and crosshairs never transformed. on screen, at least. I doubt hound transformed at ALL!

17. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Yeah, for as much as I surprisingly loved the movie overall, one of its MAJOR faults was indeed the lack of seeing basically half of the robot cast not transform. I mean, that's THE thing people kind of want to see Transformers do, and I'm honestly shocked it never happened.

Explanation as to how/how Drift was apparently a triple changer would have been nice too, or even some acknowledgement that the Bugatti was actually him since a lot of people couldn't put that together. One minute we see "samurai bot" turn into a helicopter, then all of a sudden it's completely gone but a new blue car is in the mix.

Explanation as to why Prime suddenly has a samurai inspired bot mode also would have been VERY appreciated considering what a radical change it was to his previous bot mode designs.

18. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    I didn't just mean transformations, I had meant action/wow events while transforming. Luke jumping out of a plane, transforming to parachute, cur hours own line, then land and transform.