The Theme Parks Thread (disney, universal, six flags, etc)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gaastra, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Planning my next trip to Disneyland. Don't know if it should be this year or next. But my family is giving me a task that is I can accomplish, they will pay for the whole trip.

2. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    My cousin just told me that they are going to Disney World sometime. They offered me to go. But I turned down. After hearing lots about Florida, I do not want to go there. In fact, I feel bad for them going.

3. gil

gil Godmaster

Disney World might be within Florida, but Disney World is a bubble, and most people visiting never venture out of that bubble. Your cousin should be fine.

4. galvatran

galvatran Galvatran lives!

News Credits:
    It's Florida man holding you back, isn't it?

(Hey, what happened to that thread?)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    If I decided on going to Disneyland this year before the start of 2024, would that still count as being there for the 100 year celebration?

6. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

I'd count it...since they're starting in Jan, whats two months after Oct. Celebrate all of 2023.

7. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    As much as i'd like to be part of that. I predict Disneyland will be busy during the time.

8. Wyldmaxx

Wyldmaxx No matter where you go, there you are.

If you do make it to Disneyland/California Adventure, try to get over to Cars Land just before Sunset, and you will be in for a real treat.

Also, try the Grizzly Run at night.

9. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:
    You make it sound like most people who step into Disney world are being brainwashed and assimilated. :D 

10. NSJ23

NSJ23 Not today Chumly, not today.

Did Super Nintendo World yesterday, it was packed but the Mario Kart line was less than 30 1st thing in the morning. Could have gone on twice on the day but my kids flaked on me after late lunch. Toad’s Cafe had decent food, the line for the 3 main power band events for Keys were longer than the ride. So we didn’t bother with that. Watched Megatron roast some tourists overall a good day at Universal Studios.
    IMG_8070.jpeg IMG_8062.jpeg IMG_8058.jpeg IMG_8064.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  11. Ejector369

Ejector369 Well-Known Member

12. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    I am legitimately surprised that it lasted this long. I recall going on that thing in the mid-2000s the one time I did Universal Orlando so long ago. It's okay for what it is, but it's a walkthrough attraction with a bunch of projections on walls and might have been cutting edge for its time, but there are homebrew attractions that can do just as good if not better. Meanwhile, that is a LARGE parcel of land that Fury sits on because of the theme elements like the statue feet. Easily could fit a small roller coaster on that plot of land, and the very idea of some random-ass temple to Poseidon being around doesn't work anymore ever since they changed that part of IoA from the generic mythical land (I'm pretty sure Dueling Dragons, RIP, was right next to it) to Hogwarts.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ejector369

14. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    I'd be shocked if they even try anything that isn't Wizarding World related, since the only things next to Fury is the Dr. Suess land and Hogwarts, along with some 'Sinbad Stunt Show' building and a generic fantasy restaurant. And there's nothing Seuss related that could use all that space.

I think what they'll end up doing is stuff related to the Forbidden Forrest or otherwise expanding Hogwarts.

If they do keep that area non-HP themed, maybe to just buffer Seuss from HP, then whatever goes there will have one detail: it will be based on a property that originally started in print media. Every theme in the Islands of Adventure is from a book of some sort.

15. Ejector369

Except for Skull Island: Reign of Kong. I would love The Legend of Zelda to replace the Lost Continent one day! After all, Universal and Nintendo are expanding their good partnership.

16. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    Technically, no. The novelization of the 1933 movie came out in 1932 so it's a stretch but still counts.

I thought that was in Epic Worlds?

17. Ejector369

Oh, I never knew that.

18. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Zelda is what the rumors are. They almost did retheme it but choose to wait to see if mario land will do well and stopped. Both mario lands packed and movie broke records! Now out of the blue after they just did a months long refurb it's closing! Hmm.

Some think it might be the rumored waterworld show clone from the other parks rumored for epic universe phase 2 also if not zelda. (also, waterworld is based on a comic so it started as a book!)

But we really don't know yet. Sinbad is closed so that whole land is pretty much just sitting there ready to be rethemed!

Older video about zelda in the land plans. They even had a ride and stage show planned before they ended the plans!

• Like Like x 2
  19. galvatran

galvatran Galvatran lives!

News Credits:
    Whenever I hear theme parks, it reminds me when Fabio head butted a bird on a rollercoaster ride some years back. Don't remember the theme park though.

20. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    Busch Gardens Williamsburg, on the coaster 'Apollo's Chariot'.

The funny thing is that while the story goes that he broke his nose hitting the bird and his nose impaled it, apparently he only just hit it and it forced his head against a support stand for a camera on the ride mounted on the coaster train for him specifically, and hitting that is what broke his nose and caused all the blood. Bird probably still died.