1. Of note - we are in the process of upgrading the site to use HTTPS / SSL. In that time, you may be logged in/out depending on what area of the site you are looking at. If you want to be logged into the forums, please log in via https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/login/. If you do that, you will not be logged in while looking at the front page. We hope to have this fixed within the next 24 hours or so.
    Dismiss Notice

The TFW2005 Staff favourite toys of 2018 picks

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Sol Fury, Jan 7, 2019.

1. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

Bah I thought ol' Six was that year, oops.

2. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    We weren't being objective, it was all subjective. We each posted which figures we personally liked most, which explains how the lists vary among members.

• Like Like x 1
  3. W-P38

W-P38 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Shin... you're in the DC area, yeah? I think I remember you from the VA sightings thread a million years ago.

I didn't see the individual lists, that would've settled the subjectivity question.

4. ca12nag3

ca12nag3 Well-Known Member

Brawl mold great figure, simplistic and fun. That is what makes a good legends figure. Able to transform it in a few seconds and good esthetics. Legends class figures deserve their own admiration. Deluxes are the bulk of figures and the Voyagers and Leaders make the lists way too easy.
    When it comes down to it, a good transformer is a total package. Bringing the nostalgia, like Legends Cosmos or Powerglide while bringing a new and more modern transformation as well as being screen accurate. Yet still have that vibe of being a smaller sized figure. As are the original g1 minibots.
    Of the late figures Beachcomber really brings it all. I remember the G1 toy "my best friend had him". I feel Seaspray is a bit less good still great. Other than that we haven't seen many, and the new line has no legends sadly. I do hope they return. Since that little package of plastic toys brings a lot of joy.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sixwing

Sixwing Gives out likes like Energon goodies.

Yeah. The Legends class figures are also just plain adorable. I wish we had gotten a G1 accurate Warpath though.