The TFW2005 Staff favourite toys of 2018 picks

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Sol Fury, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    • Like Like x 16
  2. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Legit surprised Siege Prime wasn't on more peoples lists. I mean to each their own but S:OP seems so universally loved I just expected him to be higher up. Also no 3P? was it just a bad year for 3P or was there a rule against them?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    3P has its own list that will be going up in a couple of days time.

• Like Like x 1
  4. CleverNamePendingatron

CleverNamePendingatron Just an ordinary cassette. Nothing to see here.

Great list. I’m going to have to agree with Black Convoy’s choice and say SS Blackout was the best. It’s an absolute beast of a figure. I was really looking forward to getting it and it absolutely proved to be everything I’d hoped for.

• Like Like x 2
  5. THE-TRANSFORMER

THE-TRANSFORMER Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This was a fantastic year with amazing releases.

The Darkwing/Dreadwind redeco reveal at the start of the year had me hyped, great re-use of the mould.

P/CP and the Monsterbots were all great to get.

The Terrorcons were all fantastic, so glad that they were made. I really like all of them however Blot does stand out among the set.

Top Figure for me is a toss up between Flywheels (Skytread) and Beachcomber. Both great updates and became instant favourites in my collection. Fun transformations good pose-ability and faithful to the characters.

6. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

I have to admit.. Even with Hungrr being a flawed tiny front leg remold of Solverbolt.. Albuminous as a whole and the limb bots are probably my overall favorites release since MP-10. The color work and individual bot modes were probably peak CW style work.

I was surprised by the zero mentions of Leader Sixshot, he had a few flaws but was really a heck of a toy!

• Like Like x 4
  7. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos New Holder of the Matrix of Leakership

News Credits:
    Siege Prime. I wasn\'t even planning on getting him until I saw just how perfect he looked. Siege feels like the line where Hasbro took everything they\'d ever learned about Transformers and finally put it all together... like the last three lines were their regular assignments and this was their final exam. Just utterly brilliant looking and feeling like a  Masterpiece figure downsized, this guy was great. He looks like a CGI render that walked right out of the computer and onto my desk in the best possible way.

Runners Up: SS Jazz for giving us a proper Jazz, Throne of Primus Primal for the sheer goofy look that somehow manages to look amazing, Predaking for taking all the problems Devestator had and fixing them, and SS VW Bumbelbee for having nice modes in both forms even if the transformation isn\'t the best.

• Like Like x 2
  8. VortexPrime

VortexPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Glad to see some love for my little boy Dropkick! Whop whop! :rock  I LOVE HIM!

• Like Like x 4
  9. Kamen Ranger Bat

Kamen Ranger Bat Don’t hassle the Hoffimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Surprised by the nemesis prime love. The list is actually really great. Lots of picks. I feel like the list would be more siege if they were more readily available.

Also @Vangelus, I agree with your pick of tarn. My brother and I have been teetering on picking him up but that price is really making us kinda hold back. Also the reason I brought you up was I didn't realize you wrote that specific part until about half way through I was reading it in your voice and questioned myself. Then I realized I may have subconsciously saw your name.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Jacer

Jacer Find Kill Cleanse Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    He's technically a 2019 release so I left him off my list. He will for sure be mentioned for my 2019 pick as well as Ultra Magnus.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm glad to see PotP Leader Optimus and his Nemesis retool showing up. There seems to be large portions of the fandom that doesn't like him, but he was one of the most fun toys this year and damn fine looking Optimus. He was basically an apology for all the misteps that I found with Titan's Return Powermaster Prime.

12. Tony_Bacala

Tony_Bacala Car Robots Professional Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    I haven't been much into Generations last couple years, BUT, plan on digging into Siege. That being said, I have them on order and haven't shipped yet. So they didn't fall in MY 2018. They'll all be 2019 contenders for me.

• Like Like x 2
  13. optimusfan

optimusfan Kill your heroes Administrator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I passed on PotP Prime (thus far), but nabbed Nemesis on a whim and couldn't put the figure down for weeks. A whole lot of fun even at the leader price point.

• Like Like x 5
  14. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 GATTAI Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    The last quarter of the year was a financial struggle for me and it doesn't help that I'm fast running out of physical space. Plus Florida's usually a couple months behind on getting new stuff, especially in my neck of the woods. As a result, I only got the deluxes and won't be getting Siege Prime nor Megatron as those shelf roles have been filled for me.

Siege Prime looks good, but not good enough to replace the Classics voyager I got a couple years ago.

• Like Like x 3
  15. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Now I understand how POTP Battletrap "mysteriously" topped the polls last year...:D .

And, @Wreckgar 's pick of Dropkick was a pleasant surprise. I've thought about getting that figure several times...might actually pick him up now.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Sixwing

Sixwing You have chosen poorly

My favorites are probably Battletrap, Outback, Darkwing, and Shrapnel.

• Like Like x 2
  17. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Punch/ Counterpunch and Potp Nemesis Prime.

18. Kotori Sonoda

Kotori Sonoda Mihono Bourbon's hero

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Nice to see Blackout having a strong showing on this list! The toy is like my childhood dream come true and I love him so much.

Siege Prime will probably show up on next year's list, the figure is just so damn good.

• Like Like x 3
  19. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    Skytread is probably at the top of my list for official stuff, followed by Siege Prime. 

Skytread has just hit all the sweet spots for me. Super solid toy with tight joints and no fiddly bits. The proportions are excellent and the posability fluid and functional. Everything is enclosed so theres no gaps in robot mode. Plus, he\'s relatively obscure enough (comic appearances aside) that I can characterize his behavior in my head as I want. He just feels right.

Prime has the same solid feel, excellent proportions, and excellent posability. 

• Like Like x 2
  20. Dudicus

Dudicus G2 Combiner dudebro

News Credits:
    My pick is definitely MP-36+. Even though I didn’t get my hands on him until the first week of January, he did officially release at the tail end of December so I’m counting him for 2018. Such a gorgeous figure, striking from every angle. The toy face and chest completely change the figure, and he looks incredible with my other not-entirely-accurate Masterpiece figures (YOTH Prime, MP-03 Green Starscream).

• Like Like x 1