The TFW music lovers thread! Fave Groups or Individuals and Genre.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shortwave, Apr 27, 2014.

1. funkified

funkified Well-Known Member

Of those artists I listed, he was prob the most upbeat. Immortal would be the most angry lol.
    Glad you like him! Also maybe check out Digable Planets, they older but have that upbeat sound!

• Like Like x 1
  2. THEdeathsHEAD

THEdeathsHEAD All are dead, yes?

Immortal Tech...damn. Dance with the devil is a hell of a story. Ill be listening to more of him for sure. And thanks for recommending Digable Planets cause now I know who made "cool like dat". Awesome
    Edit: Cause of death by I.T. had some truth to it man. That's what people need to hear.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  3. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    I think mainstream serves well as an entry drug of sorts. If you're really into music, you get some ideas, do some research to get more music and dive deeper into the rabbit hole.

4. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    I like just about any genre, because there’s gems in every single one. I can certainly agree most of modern rap is pretty trashy, but then you get some real gems like Kendrick and Gambino.

But hell a lot of times I don’t listen to the lyrics, I just love the sound of it. Like that Rock Star song by.. Post Malone, was it? I’m sure that objectively that qualifies as trash, but I dig how it sounds. It’s so smooth and almost kinda ethereal or something.

• Like Like x 1
  5. JaZzPrImE74

JaZzPrImE74 Sub to my YT Supreme J

News Credits:
    Rockstar is not trash at all. 21 Savages verse is my fav part of that song.

6. Wolfguard

Wolfguard Your own personal Jesus.

Old School hip-hop, rap and rappers only - Ice Cube, Run DMC, Fat Boys, LL Cool J, Bizmarkie, Beastie Boys, Slick Rick, Digital Underground, Heavy D, Kid 'N Play, Young MC, A Tribe Called Quest, Eric B. & Rakim, Busta Rhymes...

Never was much of a fan of Snoop, but if you look up "Snoop Dogg impersonates today's rappers sound-alike flow example" on youtube, it nails it. IMO, much of today's rap and hip-hop is just pure crap. It's all repetitive lyrically and rhythmically. The old school DEMANDED that people be different, and so people pushed themselves to be unique. Now it's a race to see who finishes at the same time, the same way.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  7. SimbaTron

SimbaTron Transformers & Gundam

News Credits:
    Yes I love Rap Music, the Rapper that got me into it was Eminem when I was about 6 or 7, I also used to also listen to Lil Jon who was a Crunk Rapper, but why would a 6 or 7 year old listen to Crunk Rap?lol it just sounded good to me and growing up I always listened to the Likes 50 Cent, The Game, Nelly,T.I, Ice Cube, Tupac and Soulja boy and usher and I'm 18 now and I do listen to a bit of Mumble Rap Like Famous Dex,K camp,Kodak Black. But now a days I listen to the likes of NBA Youngboy, Lil Durk, Migos, Moneybagg Yo, Tay-K, YBN Nahmir and I still Listen to The Game,Kendrick Lamar.Since I live In the UK we have a Rapper Genre called Grime but I don't listen to it as i don't like it.And I recently started to write Rap music and I'm working on one right now.

• Like Like x 1
  8. JaZzPrImE74

News Credits:
    Finally someone with the same taste as me on these boards. You are my favorite member now.

• Like Like x 1
  9. B'Bantor

B'Bantor Extra like OMG

Much like a Geewunner who just sat through all 5 Bayformers films, I'm personally offended by today's rap music.

That said, I love late 80's to late 90's Hip Hop.. and even though B'Bantor is Brooklyn born and raised, all my favorites come from the West Coast. DJ Quik, Lil Hawk & B. Braze, Green Eyes (Damu Ridaz) Nationwide Rip Ridaz, OG Sin Loc, WC, Cube, Mac 10, South Central Cartel, Dogg Pound, Dre, Pac, LSOB, 4 Tay, BONE Thugs and Harmony.. and of course I like some NY stuff such as Black Moon, Smif N Wessun, Big L, Biz Markie, Raekwon, Gangstarr. etc. Never really cared for Biggie, Jay-Z, Mobb Deep or Nas.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Nope

Nope yscohb

News Credits:

• Like Like x 1
  11. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Crank Lucas is pretty funny when he imitates newer rappers, he actually has skills though

• Like Like x 1
  12. axl6533

axl6533 metal forever

News Credits:
    Quoting master shake rap is nothing but clicks and whistles

13. solarstorm

solarstorm Well-Known Member

Same. I used to have all the bone thug cra and solo albums. Had a whole case of them in my car (over 20 discs in the mid 2000s).

Not a lot of modern rap can hold a candle. I stick to metal. I do know some modern rap from being a middle school teacher....but It's pretty fucking horrible.

There's literally a song whose entire lyrics is some ****** saying "Gucci gang, Gucci gang, Gucci gang, Gucci Gang, Gucci gang, Gucci gang" etc.... It's the whole fucking song. Anyone involved in making that a big hit should be shot for the sake of humanity.

• Like Like x 2
  14. JaZzPrImE74

News Credits:
    Dude are you fucking serious? Thats like me saying all the rock bands that scream random words into mics while drums and guitars are playing should be shot. Gucci Gang is just a song to be played at parties or to hype you up.

15. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

I just listened to Gucci Gang...

Normally songs have stories to tell. Even in party songs

But Gucci Gang has the most generic lyrics I've ever heard. There is no rhythm, how the hell does a person dance to this? It has no reason, no heart, no soul.

16. JaZzPrImE74

News Credits:
    Not all songs have that, not all songs should have stories or have deep meaning. Songs like this you just play at parties, to get hyped, or when you buy some Gucci :lol 

17. solarstorm

solarstorm Well-Known Member

Why would you seriously try to defend that crap? You honestly 'get hyped' from hearing a guy say Gucci Gang 1000 times?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Rap is a genre isn’t one I enjoy as a rule, though I can think of three songs I did like:

Gangsta’s Paradise - Coolio
    See U When U Get There - Coolio
    Changes - 2Pac

Say what you will about the artists, and much can be said about Tupac Shakur, I like these three songs.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Griff

Griff NO MA'AM member

30 somethings are not the target audience of rap. Rap and current pop music for the most part has always catered to the world view and interests of 15-25 yr olds...

• Like Like x 2
  20. JaZzPrImE74

News Credits:
    Meh, not a fan of Lil Pump or have the song on my playlist, but it is catchy to me