The TFW Dog Owner Thread...Post those Puppy pics.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Surge, Jul 19, 2009.

1. rattrap007

rattrap007 one with the Force TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Still looks like they were in the middle of some forbidden love and were caught. Both looked surprised and guilty. Cute picture.

2. smf2045

smf2045 Aficionado of Combiners

News Credits:
    They actually play nice. :) 

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  3. Weezie

Weezie Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My new doggo. This is Kane. He is a rescue boy who was previously owned by travellers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Still needs to put on a little weight but he is settling in well :) 

• Like Like x 6
  4. rattrap007

News Credits:
    Greyhound?

5. Weezie

Weezie Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes :) 

6. rattrap007

News Credits:
    Thought so. My sister has a rescue one and had another for a long time till it died of old age.

• Like Like x 1
  7. power3921

power3921 Well-Known Member

I could use some dog advice. Last year, my dad's fiance, at the time girlfriend, had to put her dog down, a sweet old Newfoundland named Boomer. It was hard, and after being dogless for a few months, she went searching for another. Found an adorable puppy at a shelter described as a Newfie mix, and she fell in love. Hattie's been an incredible dog, but there's a bit of a problem. She's most likely part Newfie, yeah, but she's also most definitely part Border Collie. As a result, she's far from the couch potato Boomer was. We take her to the dog park almost every day, for walks sometimes multiple times a day, have a moderate sized yard and are getting a dog door put in soon so she can go out whenever she wants, plus we play with her in the yard and inside all the time, for hours every day, but I still worry it's not enough. I know Collie's and Collie mixes require a ton of activity for the sake of their mental health, and I'm anxious we're not giving her enough. She seems happy all the time, she only acts stressed when both dad and his fiance are out of the house, or when she sees other dogs outside of the house that she wants to play with. Am I looking for problems where they don't exist? Can a Border Newfie be perfectly happy as a family pet, or do we need to find more for her to do? Here's a picture of her by the way
    [​IMG]
    Thank you!

• Like Like x 5
  8. Coil

Coil a.k.a. Pooka

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    14732343_1315139458510604_7159629021744667631_n.jpg
    So my fourteen year old Copper Nosed Beagle/Black Lab, who I've had since she was a month old, named Lenore, just went through a trial, and I have been an absolute wreck for months now. a few months back we found out she had breast cancer. The vet we usually see wasn't able to do the surgery and everyone else we inquired to told us it would be around five hundred dollars. We absolutely didn't have that, especially since my poor thirteen year old pug has been battling an intense ear infection and all our money had been going towards medicine for him. So we contacted our humane society, which agreed to spay her and see if they could remove the tumors and we set up an appointment. Well, all the stress caused me to have a horrible shingles outbreak that kept me in bed for two months and i literally couldn't do anything. My poor dogs had no choice but to wait. eventually I got another appointment to have her spayed but at that point the tumors had grown. The vet saw her, and spayed her but wasn't able to remove them...we managed to catch her outside before she left and talked to her. She said that she really liked my dog and saw that we loved her alot so she decided to break the rules and do a second surgery for a hundred dollars. We were so grateful! She warned me that Lenore might not make it through the surgery, and if the cancer was in her lungs, the humane thing would be to not bring her back. I spent all of last week babying her; taking her to the park, on walks and out to visit friends. She even got her own chicken breast for dinner the night before... So this morning we dropped her off in tears and waited for hours for a phone call. Eventually we got one, saying that our sweet girl was awake and alert and that the doctor had gotten, if not all the cancer, then enough of it so that it wouldn't bother her for a very long time! Right now she's sleeping on her soft bed beside me, recovering. I love this little dog so much...I had her before we got custody of Prime Wylde's kids. She considers herself my kid's big sister. when they were little, and I would get onto them about something, she would bark at them and make them go to their room. It was so damned adorable. This dog has a lot of people cheering her on. the vet even had her father pray for her and I guess it worked

• Like Like x 6
  9. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Took my two doggos (Chester the corgi and Nanako the fluffy something-or-other) on a recent road trip to the Mt Fuji area. They had a blast!

received_438116020330956_crop_1007x604.jpeg received_1025073527696648-997x1329.jpeg received_341991486665851_crop_605x1008.jpeg

Chester's a handsome little devil but also a drooler. Mah poor jacket. :lol 

What a harrowing story with a wonderful ending! Glad that Lenore is on the road to recovery and that everything worked out for you guys.

A friend of my wife is going through some very tough times too. On top of her husband being forced to leave the military prematurely for a previously undiagnosed medical condition and her brother recently dying of cancer, her old dog of thirteen years also was diagnosed with multiple tumors that were growing to the size of golf balls and oranges.

It progressed to that point due to them having trouble with finances and other stressful factors (plus on some very terrible advice from a crappy vet clinic that has a bad reputation of only caring about money over animals). Luckily, my wife was able to help them find a much better vet clinic that we take our own dogs to (a Japanese one in which she helped with translation) and got their dog the treatment she needed, to include surgery to remove the (benign, I think) tumors.

She's recovering nicely from what I hear and is even playing with another friend's corgi that she's petsitting for (we babysat the same corgi for a day but our Chester unfortunately is a jealously aggressive butt face who kept attacking him). It worked out in the end for all involved.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Coil

Coil a.k.a. Pooka

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    That's so sad, but I am also glad that it turned out okay! Cancer is horrible...and it's taken it's toll on my dear old girl, but she's tough. She threw up a little because of the medicines, but she felt well enough to take a walk today, and pulled me the whole way, so I think she's going to be okay!

• Like Like x 2
  11. ionacus

ionacus Well-Known Member

FA120D92-9F1F-4B94-ABF1-F01327ED002F.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  12. StArS cReAm

StArS cReAm Daytonaaa! Let's go away!

My dog of 5 years. Cruz
    20190512_153825.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  13. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Your culture will adapt to service ours. Resistance is futile.

• Like Like x 4
  14. jetfire prime

jetfire prime Do it now and do it loud

News Credits:
    This is Astrid

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  15. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    More pictures of the boy.

20190514_205213-1001x1188.jpg

Chester looking happy.

20190514_205228-997x1043.jpg

He found a baby's pacifier outside during his last walk. He was chewing on it until my wife bribed him with ice cream to give it up. :lol 

It's funny that sometimes he won't answer to his given name Chester (maybe because we use it sternly when he's being naughty) but will react instead to "Nene" (Portuguese for "baby") which is what my dad-in-law calls him all the time. Truly living up to his nickname. :D  The dad-in-law got a kick out of the photo too, ha.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Unbelievably cute! Welcome to the Pitty club :) 

• Like Like x 1
  17. Drangleic

Drangleic Banned

Nice! Also a Pitty member. I've got a 4 year old blue nose. She's my baby.

18. Coil

Coil a.k.a. Pooka

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Good news! My old hound is doing really well! we removed the staples (from her cancer surgery) and she's eating again. I take her for walks and she still wears me out at fourteen years of age. Miss Lenore, is the best :) 

• Like Like x 4
  19. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall Whiskey Powered Mad Genius Gunpla and Cow Master

Visiting my sister for my niece's kindergarten graduation. Getting the best greeting from my favorite nephew.

20190516_203024.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  20. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Well that instantly supersedes our silly headbutt over GoT a while ago :)  You're a Pitty member - that means you're my people, haha.

Post a pic!

• Like Like x 1