The TFW Cat Owners Thread--Post those Precious Kitty Pics

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by galvascream, Jan 10, 2010.

1. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

It's always so hard with a sick cat. They have a tendency to hide their discomfort or illness as much as possible, so by the time owners become aware of it, it's usually quite advanced. We've had a lot of health issues with our cats as well. It's very tense... and often messy.

Best wishes... and remember, sometimes they DO pull through and you get many more good years! It's not always hopeless!

zmog

2. iamste

iamste Well-Known Member

Oh hey it sounds like your cat had the same thing as mine with the bladder stuff. Luckily mine doesn't have any known stones in her bladder and it's just been a stress induced infection. I'm glad yours is doing ok and i hope she gets better quickly :) 

3. power3921

power3921 Well-Known Member

Feliway's been fantastic for Luna. Used it when we moved a few years ago, really helped her stay a lot calmer ane happier than I expected.

4. gary39

gary39 Well-Known Member

and the monsters slumber.... :lol 
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. iamste

iamste Well-Known Member

Ah thanks for letting me know! There's always a niggling feeing you've wasted money when you buy this stuff. Should turn up Monday so hopefully it'll sort of moggy out.
    She seemed way better last night and was actually sociable this morning, was nice to be woken up early by her (hasn't done that in a while). Only on one tablet in the morning now too so it's less stress for me (although the I found mixing the power from the capsual with water and syringing it into her mouth made life easier).

Just want my little girl to get better, looks like she's on the right track though :) 

6. gary39

gary39 Well-Known Member

My cat was killed last night by coyotes or wild dogs I guess the coyotes have just started moving into the area and my cat was the first to be . Anwyay it's amazing how a person can get so attached to an animal I'm used to coming home and letting Mushi in and following me around the house or sit beside me watching TV or following me on to the porch and sit in the swing till I'd go back in but when it was bed time my chest was his bed for about 2 hours. Mush would always be at the front door when it would start to get dark. And sadly this will take a while for me to get over.And not being mean but saying "well just get another cat" must not have any pets or any attachments to them if they do.

7. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
    gary39, so very sorry to hear this and to lose a kitty in such a tragic way... Sadly, coyotes are a fact a life in most areas now, we hear them at night howling away and we live very close to the city... tons of suburbia all around. My neighbor has said they've seen coyotes, foxes, etc. Leash laws keep most dogs from roaming around, but they can escape and would attack a cat, even if they aren't usually mean dogs.

I always try to bring my babies in b4 the sun begins to set, no later than 7pm (5pm winter), that way I'm not too worried they'll run into other critters of the night. A long time ago, my Vet told me never to let the cats roam at night if you want them to grow old, it's something I've always tried to enforce with my cats, even when they want to run away and chase squirrels, chipmunks, etc.

I wouldn't tell you to 'get another cat' this soon, you need time, but having lost a couple of my babies in the last few years, when you're ready it does help you recover from your previous loss/losses. I didn't want to believe it, but it does.

8. gary39

gary39 Well-Known Member

Thanks MPL, Mushi 90% of the time was always in by dark but all it takes is one time I guess. I may get another cat sometime but at the moment my hearts not in it.

9. KnightSaberAmi

KnightSaberAmi Nyan Nyan

Ah Garry, man....I m just at a loss for words right now.

We thinking of you.

10. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    Sorry for your loss. I could never imagine what its like to lose a cat. I love my cats and we've had them for about four to five years now since they were kittens. Got them from a breeder, they are rag dolls, and they are specifically indoor cats. One named Princess Mia (Mia for short) and Allspark (Sparky for short). Love them death and could never live without them, hell they cling to me like crazy. But they can be a pain sometimes, like the fact that Mia will not stop jumping onto my Marvel legends display and knocking them onto the floor.

11. alldarker

alldarker M.A.S.K. Crusader

News Credits:
    Oh man... I feel for you. I know what it is too lose a beloved cat much too soon. I cried like a baby when my cat Jarvis died (of sickness) at just 4 years of age. I guess the only and best thing you could do is to remember the good times, to cherish the memories and to just never forget Mushi was a part of your life.
    Our cat Jarvis was a black cat, and eventually, six months after he died, we were ready to get another cat, which we also wanted to be black, in honour of Jarvis. We finally found an address with a nest of kittens, and it turned out they had two black kittens. So... because we couldn't choose, we took both! Even now, 5 years after he died (longer than he ever lived), my wife and I remember Jarvis fondly and we look at our two black twin cats and see a little of Jarvis in them.

Coyotes... For me here in Europe, that sounds like a strange way to lose a pet, but I guess in parts of the USA they are pretty common. Here in Europe, cats that are free to roam outside are likely to either get run over by a car or drown or even to get poisoned. It's an absolutely horrible choice, but if I had to chose at gunpoint, I'd rather have my cat get killed by another animal for food, than by a dumb person driving too carelessly or by someone laying out poisoned lures for a sick kick.

I guess what I'm saying is, take your time to grieve over Mushi's passing, and then, whenever you feel you are ready again, I have to agree with moreprimeland: perhaps find a new kitten, because it does help coping and starting anew.

12. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Losing my cat someday is something I've been dreading since the day I first decided to keep her. She's 11 years old now. She doesn't show any signs of aging, but the inevitable becomes more real every day. I'm very sorry for your loss.

13. gary39

gary39 Well-Known Member

Thanks guys,it's very weird not having him around and is going to take a bit too get used to.

14. Eric

Eric Per sempre marciamo.

News Credits:
    You have my condolences. :( 

15. IceMagnus

IceMagnus SSJIcey'95

News Credits:
    Here's my two baby girls :)  2016-06-22 18.16.52.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  16. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
    D'awwwwwwwwwwww.... cuties! :thumb 

I need to post some new pics, lord knows I have plenty.

17. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    Here is Allspark, one of my two cats with his best friend... Metroplex.

Attached Files:

18. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Man, been ages since I last posted in this thread.

Here's my current cat, Buff:

20160501_123153.jpg

He's a beige/white, fat ball of fluff who loves to curl up at my feet whenever I sit down in front of my laptop.

He was born on my parents' farm back in 2012. My brother and I adopted him when we moved in together. I was also going to adopt Buff's sister, whom I named Cali, but sadly Cali got hit by a friend's car and died a few days later. I have thought of getting another cat, but I worried that Buff would not get along with another cat and with me working full-time now... yeah, Buff is more than good enough for right now.

Sadly, my past cats Apollo and Coony are no longer around, but my parents still have Sylvester (gosh I have no idea how old that cat is, I can't even remember how long we've had him since he was dropped off on the family farm). I will try to get new pics of Sylvester, as well as Buff, posted in the near future.

• Like Like x 4
  19. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  20. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Something to put a smile on your face... :) 

• Like Like x 2