The TFC Toys Hercules Megathread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Tekmen, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Sigmalock

Sigmalock Decepticon

Thanks for that!
    Herc looks to be a great fit (scale-wise) for CW/UW combiners - especially if you have the PE upgrades (which I do).

2. Hyoumaru

Hyoumaru M.S.B.S. ver. 10.5

The individual Constructicons are bigger than deluxe but smaller than voyager. Hercules himself is a touch taller than a PE-equipped CW/POTP combiner if you don't take extra steps like extending things through HFGs or built-in extensions like Breakdown and Brawl have.

These were made when TFs were a bit bulkier overall, before they started getting smaller and the plastic started getting thinner.

Yeah Herc is definitely ideal for CW/POTP collectors. Same for UniqueToys' Warlord for a Predaking. I've HEARD Fansproject's Monstructor is also in the same scale but I can't confirm since I don't have it or their Dinoking.

That just leaves the Seacons, and sadly I doubt we'll get a Piranacon in scale with the others.

• Like Like x 1
  3. xueyue2

xueyue2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TFC Poseidon is not that bigger than CW combiners.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hyoumaru

To me personally, he is. That's why I didn't aim for Gravity Builder.

5. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I wanted all my combiners to be the same size, it's crazy I have 4 diff ver. of brut(Warbo, FP, WFC Military Titans, and DW, 3 devys(2) displayed. GB is my preferred size for my combiners and Poseidon/Nero Rex run neck and neck for best in my eyes

6. Hyoumaru

Sounds pretty awesome

Sadly HasTak is the only thing I can afford to collect in any level of regularity, third party stuff like Herc and Warlord are rare instances I splurge on something, and they can integrate with my HasTak stuff pretty well.

• Like Like x 2
  7. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm nowhere near the collection I want, there's 2 pieces in particular MT Devil Stinger and PX Apocalypse that I have yet to commit to buy but really want, I've gotten lucky over the yrs and ran into some awesome deals

8. Hyoumaru

and so Hercules establishes his role as my collection's Devastator
    2018-10-21 12.14.55.jpg

• Like Like x 12
  9. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    Height-wise, no, but mass-wise, it's like triple.

• Like Like x 1
  10. xueyue2

xueyue2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, but that's sea monsters team, so I felt it's a little big bigger is just perfect. (Just my personal feeling, same as I use TFC instead of the UT Predakings in CHUG combiners)

11. Hyoumaru

Okay, two weeks later

Herc is still holding up alright. I have noticed that Heavy Labor/Long Haul's thighs seem a bit "uneven" though. The right thigh can't move in as close to the pelvis as the left can, I think the ratchets are misalligned, but I'm not sure I want to risk opening him up and ruining something. Aside from that and some looseness on the left shoulder peg on Dr Crank/Hook, he's doing fine.

I'm still trying to figure out most of the portholes and pegs on this guy. I've no idea what the point of the Rage-upgrade set's rifle coming apart is or what good that peg on the back of it could be for. I do get these guys were made to share a lot of parts, but I'm stumped as to what to do with them frankly.

Still haven't ordered Echo's crane mount off of Shapeways yet, waiting for commission business or my paycheck, whichever comes first.

I decided to take a look at BBTS's sales section yesterday, and somehow, implausably, the Crazydevy purple barrel was not only listed as in stock, but on sale. Scooped that up quick. Now I don't have to test paint mixtures or bother with Madlender/Mixmaster's reprolabels set which would inevitably peel off in time.

I have been looking to thread Dr Crank/Hook's crane though. Barring the fact I'm not quite sure of the right way to do it (two spools on the hook itself tells me there's got to be a PROPER way to do it), the thread I bought today to try it turned out to be too thin and kept sliding out of the two plastic halves of the crane. Gotta try and find something thicker.

12. trence5

trence5 Well-Known Member

And if you add in some upgrades, including those knee extenders from shapeways.....

• Like Like x 1
  13. trence5

trence5 Well-Known Member

THAT looks awesome:thumbs2: :thumbs2: :thumbs2: 

• Like Like x 1
  14. Hyoumaru

I think I might have broken something

I was reassembling Hercules after fixing HeavyLabor's misalligned thigh ratchet, but I felt the need to switch them through modes. When I was transforming Structor/Scrapper, I was turning his left shoulder and then discovered that only two of the ratchet points are working now, everything inbetween is sliding with just a bit of difficulty. The other shoulder is still okay. The left shoulder still holds as the two points are where it's supposed to rest, but it's still got me concerned.

I tried opening up the upper torso to try and see if something broke, but I removed the three screws in the upper back and it won't come undone.

Can anybody offer some insight here? It's got me worried.

15. Astaraen

Astaraen 1st mate abord the skyship Weatherlight.

If you don't want to buy a new part just to relocate the crane, I use the part of the red gun that the handle attaches to. Connect it to the side of the dump truck in combined mode, facing out, and it's just long enough to connect the crane to.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Hyoumaru

do you have a photo of that setup?

17. Astaraen

Astaraen 1st mate abord the skyship Weatherlight.

Of that exactly, I don't think so. I sold off my Herc in favor of GT Black Judge. A quick net search and I found a few pictures of guys doing something very similar, though. I hope this helps/inspires you to get creative. yV8YRq7_d.jpg

18. Sigmalock

Sigmalock Decepticon

Here's another (looks alright too):
    images.jpeg

19. Hyoumaru

Ah I see, that does work rather nicely. I'll still be ordering Echo's part in time however since it looks like it'll make the upper area feel more complete.

Still pretty concerned about that Scrapper/Structor shoulder ratchet though, can't find anything about it.

20. AlvinC

AlvinC New Member

Got my Hercules after all these years. All of them have been decent with a lot of tight joints and some not so tight joints. One area that’s uber tight are the arm connectors on dr crank. Is there a way to loosen the connection port?(I remember seeing some reviews where they connect the arms easily) Also my mad blender came with 2 black pegs in a little zip lock bag and I’m not sure where they’re supposed to go