The Tf Master of transtopia Has Died

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by TENIME_art, Mar 11, 2007.

1. Larkin Vain

Larkin Vain Collector Reborn!

News Credits:
    Wow.... don't know what to say. He was very inspiring with his creations. My prayers to him and his family.

2. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    Very sad indeed. Hope I don't sound like a prick but I believe his wife should auction a few of the customs to help raise money.

3. Bumblebee

Bumblebee Artist/Colorist Monkey

(forgive me if I ramble or whatnots; sad news like this makes my mind leak with thought)
    I never had the chance to speak with the man or befriend him, but he was the best at wat he did. He took the kitbash and repaint scene to a whole new level. :(  It's very unfortunate to be leaving his wife and son behind at such an early age- there was so much more he wanted to do in life, I'm sure. I hope the best to his family, and may the TFMaster rest in piece.

This also is probably one of the many "wake up calls" the lot of us will get throughout our lives that life is very unpredictable. Whether you're a man who worships deity or just a man who's out to live life- we should all make the most of what time we get before it's taken away.
    I don't worship any deity- and I don't know what religion Bill/TFMaster chose; but I hope him the best for him in wherever he has chosen to go- and best wishes towards his family in where they go from here in life. It will be tough for them- and I can't even imagine how it feels for the two of them(as well as their other family members and relatives).

I know I've missed out on meeting a great man; best wishes to his friends who are trying their best to cope with this. May you all soldier on.
    R.I.P man.

4. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    I met Bill (well...online) about 3 years ago or so. maybe 4. My ex had just moved out, and was taking forever to get her stuff, so I decided to sell it. and buy a transformer with it. I had been perusing his site, and just gushed all over him about the mods he'd made to his Energon Ultra Magnus. So much that i asked that he make me one. He said for me to just give him the bots he needed for parts, and the money it cost him to make. That being done, and the perfectionist he was, weekly we would chat and he'd add something else to it. Another joint. Antennae for the head that form blasters in vehicle mode. all sorts of amazing little things that make a custom that much better. All the while, he would always answer my questions about kitbashing. We'd talk about stuff coming out, trade stories, things like that.

After about 2 years, he wrote to me to let me know that after all that had been performed on E-UM, it took a spill and was irrevocably busted. He felt absolutely awful. He also felt bad that it had taken so long to even get to a point that he would send it out to me. I had been patient with him the whole time, because, piece in my house or not, I was fascinated with the thoughts he had on it. The additions. The...well, everything. It was like having a private class with a master. And being such a nice guy to boot. I made him feel better, I said "in the end, it's only a toy. No one got hurt, or died, or lost thousands of dollars or their job. relax." And we worked out a deal. We waited another 6 months or so till BT Blue Prowl came out, and he made me a BT Nightbeat. Truly one of the jewels in my collection. (didn't hurt that i paid for it with money made selling my ex's stuff...oh that was sweet. :)  )

I love the fact that he has inspired so many, myself included, to kitbash and repaint.

As for his family, I have this to say -

1- I did donate.

2- this goes out to all of you TFers that are married/single, and have kids.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, GO GET LIFE INSURANCE.

The right stuff really isn't a scam, and it would've made Bill's wife's life so much easier to deal with right now. When you are bereaved in this manner, the last thing you want to think of is how to bury your best friend in the whole world. I'm tearing up just thinking about that...If God decided my time was yesterday, my fiancee and folks would have $150k to take care of final expenses (and then some). It's so inexpensive. Please don't take this as a underhanded ad, or anything like that. I don't sell life insurance. But it certainly would've helped here, and 31 is too young to die. I'm sure many of us have thought about it, and said, hell i don't need it yet, i'm only 31...

It gets more expensive the later you start. Please - if you have a wife and child, or even just a child, go do it. TODAY. Let Bill and his family's loss teach us all something.

Thinking about his wife and son's loss is really what tears me up the most about this whole awful tragedy.

Bill, you were an inspiration to me, and a mentor. I will truly miss you, and look forward to meeting you one day on the other side.

Stu Franks
    Philly

5. David

David . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    well gods going to have some kick ass custom transformers and i cant wait to see them. rest in peace my friend :( 

6. Drive-By

Drive-By Eschew Obfuscation...

This is my meager offering for Bill.

[​IMG]

7. SlayerDarkCross

SlayerDarkCross -----------> ? TFW2005 Supporter

A man of true talent and a inspiration to the whole Transformers Kitbashing community may he Rest In Peace

8. The_Angelus_San

The_Angelus_San Well-Known Member

My deepest sympathies to Bill's family, a terrible loss of life, and still so young with so much left to do.

His passing will naturally be felt by us TF fans (Transtopia is and was an excellent site, and i recall spending many minutes browsing at the work there) and naturally by his family and close friends who I am sure will have much to do in the coming weeks.

9. Sledgehammer

Sledgehammer Ancient and knackered

The saddest piece of news to hit the fandom in my memory - and far too young an age to be taken from those who loved him. My deepest condolences and sympathies to Bill's family and friends, and may the deities console them at such a dark time.

Rest in peace, TFmaster.

Rob.

10. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    As said, definitely sudden, and it really sucks. He did a lot to keep the kitbashing community going, and was definitely a positive member of the transfan community in general. Really a shame :( 

11. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

I was a friend of TFMaster. He taught me how one could transcend what one's got in his hands. May he rest in peace.

12. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Holy shit... pictures of TFmaster's stuff is what got me into customizing Transformers in the first place, I can't believe he just up and died like that - and the guy was the same age I am.

I really feel bad for his family - I don't know what else to say. :( 

13. thomas maximus

thomas maximus Well-Known Member

wow that's so sudden...

RIP bill

14. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I am not really into kitbashing and even I knew of him and his work. He was the master indeed.
    He's younger than me and his son's the same age as one of mine. It is so sad having to go without seeing one's son grown up as a man.
    I am so very sorry for his family.

15. e3nine

e3nine Poop.

News Credits:
    Truly heartbreaking.

A pioneer of an unchartered art form, a unmatched creative eye, and just a damn good person overall. His memory will continue on though the works of others ... because he inspired us all.

Rest in peace man.

16. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Even though I don't know who he is and never visited his site I want to offer my condolences to his family. It's terrible that he's died so young and never will see his son growing up. May he RIP.

17. mattarmstrong

mattarmstrong Well-Known Member

I met Bill at botcon 2005 and we had drinks at the bar and he took me up to his room to show me his kitbash entry and introduced me to his wife and child. He had seen some of my kitbashes and offered encouargement for me to keep going. I know I will never make it to his level because he had a great talent. I really liked this guy as he was genuine. I was hoping to see him again this year at botcon. RIP buddy.

18. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    What a sad loss. I didn't know him well, but did meet him. He seemed like a great guy.

19. Crobot91

Crobot91 Daddy has lots of TFs...

News Credits:
    Amazing work - definitely will be missed. R.I.P.

20. Don_East

Don_East Wants TFA Seeker Toys