The Tf Master of transtopia Has Died

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by TENIME_art, Mar 11, 2007.

1. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
  2. Runamuck

Runamuck Sushi

News Credits:
    It's as they say: The good die young.

As much as he hate it...

RIP, TFMaster..

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I posted my thoughts on Transtopia and Seibertron, and I'll share the same things here:

I try to keep up with TF news daily, and ever since I got into this subculture [kitbashing] of Transformers, I have really made a diligent effort to keep up with each of you guys and your work. "Good" or "bad" are subjective to me with this method; I just care about each of your works and to offer my help when I can.

This is how I initially got in contact with TFM. We started talking through IMs and e-mail. I was glad to ask for advice and he was glad to share. I tend to stay pretty busy, but if and when he had anything he needed done, I was more than glad to do it. I made the "Kitbash of the Year" sig for him and the site and I ran several errands on a graphic design level for him personally. I was always (and continue to be) glad to help.

As I said, I try to keep up with TF news daily and each of your work. This kind of news is the sort I don't want to learn. I was hoping to be able to meet him at a future Botcon (as we talked about this in our conversations). We had thrown around ideas of getting T-shirts made for a "Team Transtopia" type thing for Botcon . . . TFM had a lot of great ideas for Transtopia.

Many of us at Transtopia were skeptical of the integration of this site to Seibertron, but TFM convinced me early that it would be a good thing. I still believe that. When TFM came to me and offered me administration privilages on the site, I just felt honored. I know my contribution to the actual site has been minimal (mostly due to time and other obligations), but my commitment to do what I can for this will still stand. This site and community/subculture of Transformers was very important to TFM. TFM's contribution to this cannot be understated. Not only was TFM committed to TF kitbashing and the subculture/community, but he was committed to the idea that TF kitbashing is ART. This idea in itselt is one of the reasons I feel he and I had a respect for one another.

My tribute to TFM will come in each of my future customs beyond this point. His work continues to inspire me (as you all do). I'm very thankful and blessed to have been able to call myself his friend. Bill, you will be missed by us on many levels. My expression of that will be to continue my customs work, to grow and learn from it, and to continue to contribute to the TF kitbashing community.

Lauren and Racheal: I will be in prayer for each of you and also as you continue as a family. May God confort and hold you though this difficult time.

4. Sculpt-bot

Sculpt-bot So waddya want, a medal?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    TFM was the person that gave me the nudge to keep kit bashing, and just by doing that he has brought a lot to my life. I talked with him many times by IM, and never really met anyone that had so many cool ideas about TFs (bashes and otherwise.)
    He was very passionate about the hobby and was always willing to help a fellow basher. You will be truly missed man!

5. DON

DON Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    He was one of the true friends I have in the TF community and I will miss him and his great work. it was always great to hang out with him and his family at Botcon and I feel lucky to have known him. my thoughts go out to his family

I'll miss you bro:( 

6. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I remember a few years ago in '03 when we talked about designing what would eventually turn out to be Transtopia. He had an idea and wanted to get others involved. I couldn't help him too much past the initial stages of development but I was happy to have tried to help a good man and a good part of the community. It is a shame to see someone who I considered to be one of the 'big ones' in the TF community to pass away. My thoughts are with him and his family.

7. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So sad, and so early.

Quite an unfortunate piece of news to come home to.

My heart goes out to his family.

8. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    This is very sad, his bashes were awesome, and he did do a lot for the TF community.

While its always sad to lose anyone, dying of a Heart attack at 31 is tragic.

9. Shipley

Shipley extremely online

News Credits:
    This comes as quite a shock, he's only a couple years older than me.

Never met the man, but boy did I know his work. any time I spotted a great custom online, in variably it was his. In his short life he made a gigantic impact on the fan community and will be missed.

My most sincere condolences to his family and friends.

10. Revolution

Revolution Well-Known Member

Bill Had impacted a great many people and seemed to be well respected. He was a true talent to his craft and will be missed. I wish the best for his family and that Bill's, TFMaster's Legacy will be remembered and honoured.

He was one of the best.

11. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Retired Admln Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Pinterest:
    This tragedy is something that transcends the TF community and just touches you as a person. I personally would like to pass along my sincere condolences to Bill's family and loved ones. Bill's work touched all of us here at 2005 and everyone in the fandom.

Rest easy my friend and know that you are loved.

Shawn Shedivy

12. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Just for you Bro....

[​IMG]

Myself, aong with my Customs, salute you.

13. SmokescreenWRX

SmokescreenWRX Dude. Wait, what?

I didn't read the entire thread, so forgive me if this has already been covered.

A few weeks ago, when a beloved mod of a board I spend time on passed, we held a raffle to raise money for the funeral costs.

Is there any way we can do something like that here to raise some funds?

14. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I had the joy of having a few drinks with Bill at BotCon. He seemed to be so full of energy, and was a big contributor to the customs part of the Transformers community, as well as the community in a whole itself.

My heart and condolences go out to his wife, his son, and to everyone who loved him. He will be sorely missed.

15. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
  16. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Well, they're already raising funds via donation at Seibertron, but I think your idea is a good one too. It might help bring in more funds for the funeral and to support his family.

17. RoboRic

RoboRic Banned

Even though I didn't know the guy, my condolances go to him and his family. R.I.P.

18. Galvatro

Galvatro You'll do MY bidding... or taste MY wraith! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Hello All

I have had the pleasure to talk to Bill over the years of attending the Cons. Our kids got the chance to play during our times there. Our deepest sympathies to his family. To Bill- God bless and watch over us...you will be missed:rip 

Ashley and Amber Brown

19. littleiron

littleiron Little I.N.S.A.N.E IroN

News Credits:
    He was a great guy, and this's a big lost of the TF community.
    RIP

20. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He was only 31? That’s far too soon. R.I.P. man, you made some awesome customs.