The Terminator (Reboot) - Directed by Tim Miller

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by eagc7, Jan 20, 2017.

1. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
  2. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    Would they bring back Arnold? If they didn't it wouldn't feel like Terminator.

I'm optimistic at the very least, love the first three and I thought Genisys was a step in the right direction after the disastrous Salvation. But with Cameron back hopefully he can bring the property back to where it was before 3.

3. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

The weird thing is that I had a dream just last night about a big budget Terminator video game set during the future war leading right up to the events of the final battle and the time travel. The gameplay and emphasis on story were very much in the style of something like Metal Gear Solid and The Last of Us. It's not really relevant to this, but I was just thinking about how cool that would be if it existed this morning before this news happened.

I'm liking what I'm hearing so far. James Cameron sounds way more involved. They're going to to sci-fi authors for ideas. Tim Miller did a great job with Deadpool, and I think he could do a great job with Terminator too. They need to keep the budget low though. The last two underperformed, and they were both PG-13. Plus, for most people the story ends after the T-800 sacrifices himself in T2.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Normally I'd say it'll fail again, but Cameron is behind this one, so it may work.

5. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

I think it's the right time for reboot, so I'm looking forward to how this turns out. I just hope it sticks to the man (and woman) vs. machine theme of the original. Please don't do another good-guy Terminator vs. bad-guy Terminator movie -- that's been done to death. At least save that for the new T2.

I love Arnold, but it's time to move on and let someone else be the Terminator.

I'm more concerned that they might change the design of the T-800.

• Like Like x 4
  6. plastic therapy

plastic therapy Banned

Reboot but different story would be nice. Reboots are always a retelling. I'd like to see more reboots be perhaps the same timeline or story from the perspective of different characters.

And I would love to see a terminator vs aliens vs predator

7. The Barracuda

The Barracuda Retro, bitches.

Hmmm, conflicted. As much as I hate reboots and the potential to be a massive clusterfuck, after Genisys a reboot is probably the only way to move forward, especially with James Cameron back at the helm (kind of the same way I'm looking forward to Neil Blomkamp's Alien 5). Can't even imagine who'd play the T-800 though. Arnold was hulking and menacing and you believed there was a metal endoskeleton under all that muscle.

Funny, I thought Salvation was a step in the right direction compared to the disastrous Genisys (and the lackluster T3).

• Like Like x 4
  8. plastic therapy

plastic therapy Banned

I enjoyed every Terminator movie made. But I didn’t have any real expectations for any of them.

9. Starscream 91

News Credits:
    I don't know, for me it is not Terminator if time travel is not involved. I see Christian Bale I do not see Christian Bale playing John Connor and well, there is so much wrong with it. I mean yeah both Salvation and Genisys were bad but I at least could enjoy bits of Genisys, mainly Arnold as the old Terminator where as I was bored with Salvation. To me Salvation does not feel like a Terminator story. =/

10. The Barracuda

The Barracuda Retro, bitches.

Fair enough, but I liked the continuation of the story and seeing the future war against the machines we only got teases and brief glimpses of. T3 may have been underwhelming but at least they didn't pull any punches with the ending. And Salvation was the direct continuation of that story. We'd go from beginning to end, to the first Terminator to where Kyle Reese joins the resistance and is eventually sent back in time. And then Genisys rolled in and unapologetically obliterated that timeline just so they could vomit out a new trilogy before their rights expired.

11. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

I still wish they had done a sequel to Salvation (with a better director and writer), because I liked that it was finally set in a future, where adult John Connor got to fight the Terminators -- I wanted to see that since the future scenes in the original movie. So, more of that (but better) would have been great.

The mistep, I think, was the inclusion of yet another good-guy Terminator with Sam Worthington's terrible character.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Starscream 91

News Credits:
    I'm just taking Genisys as its own timeline seperate but similar to the original four films and the original four movies still happened so that way I can enjoy at least four of the five films.

13. Jochimus

Jochimus Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!

Meh. Frankly, I can't help but think this ship's long since sailed.

To me Terminator is less about time travel and more about a packin' ***damn death robot or two or three or 200 or 300 stalking you to the bitter end, thermonuclear or otherwise. Seriously, at the rate the time travel bit was going, they may have just as well said Skynet just set the portal or whatever up at the end of the assembly line and just let'em drop in one after the other with the dials a-spinnin' --- where they stops, nobody knoes!!!

14. areaseven

areaseven Live to Win

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Since Cameron is getting the rights back, here's what will happen:

Skynet runs on Unobtainium, which is mined on the moon Pandora. The Unobtainium supply is cut off when the unified Na'vi tribes led by Jake Sully of the Jarhead Clan drive away he Resources Development Administration (RDA). As a countermeasure, Skynet sends a Terminator to wipe out Jake's ancestors.

15. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    I wonder how Cameron will reboot/remake his own work. It should be something interesting from him.

Anyway, the Deadpool director! He should do a good job with the action.

16. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    I'm torn in this one, but I tend more to not feeling excited.

17. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    James Cameron praised Genesys, which was not good. I want to think it was for his personal gain, but I'm not sure how it would have been...

18. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    I've got the perfect idea for this new movie.

Terminator V Robocop: Dawn of Rustice

19. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    I liked T3 better than either of those. Terminator to me is not about the actual human/machine war but the leadup and the attempts to avoid it.

20. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    I'm still trying to figure out when, why & how people think this thing constantly needs to be rebooted and/or sequel'd. Yes, the first one was a great movie, and yes, the sequel was mindblowing (back then), but jesus christ... let it go already. A third sequel, a TV show and TWO reboot attempts later - it's over... no one cares anymore and no one has been happy with anything since T2. The audiences have spoken, and clearly this does NOT hold up the more years we keep pretending it's some genius amazing franchise because we liked it once upon a time ago as children. James Cameron's involvement next year doesn't change that... and a smarter director would know to leave it alone.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017