The teams and factions of TFA season 4

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by supernova222, Jul 8, 2019.

1. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    my interest, like many, in TFA has been renewed with the news of the upcoming live read of the planned S4 opener, as well as finally getting to read scans of the unofficial trial and error book. so, I decided to put together all the various teams that we would have seen in the season, using as much knowledge as has been given about it. it was just for fun so don't judge it to serious. discuss and comment all you want :) 

Autobot Earth team
    [​IMG]

Cybertron Autobots
    [​IMG]

Autobot High Council
    [​IMG]

Earth Decepticons(Megatrons Army I like to all them)
    [​IMG]

The predacons
    [​IMG]

Team Slipstream(the renegades)
    [​IMG]

Rogues Gallery
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  2. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

News Credits:
    Very interesting setup. I hardly think that’s official, but I appreciate taking the time to give us your headcanon. I should do the same with the fanfic I’m writing.

• Like Like x 1
  3. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The only official ones are the earth Autobots and council, the rest are just what I imagine would be

• Like Like x 1
  4. Blam320

News Credits:
    You forgot that Blurr got a new body in “The Return of Blurr” official script reading.

• Like Like x 2
  5. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    For the moment I just stuck to the on screen goings on. At some point I will add him and eventually add to megatrons forces with other cons like reflector, Straxus and the stunticons.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Blam320

News Credits:
    So, is this going to be a discussion thread where everyone can put their own personal lineups in?

• Like Like x 1
  7. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    if they want of course. I was just posting what I imagined we would have seen. everyone is free to suggest otherwise

• Like Like x 1
  8. BlueFire11

BlueFire11 i definitely like robots a Normal Amount

News Credits:
    interesting lineups! i'm curious how blurr got a spot on the council, even after the context of 'return of blurr' i'd think he'd want to go back to being a field agent. did you have any backstory for that?

• Like Like x 1
  9. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    as I said, when I first did these I was working just off of the on screen stuff and S4 facts so I hadn't factored in stunticon job and return of jazz yet. based on this pic its just that he is still hanging around, possibly self aware due to sari, but sentinel, being a dick of course, hasn't approved his reconstruction yet.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Blam320

News Credits:
    Return of Blurr*

• Like Like x 2
  11. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Whoops lol

12. Blam320

News Credits:
    Alright, my turn!

The way things are set up in my headcanon/the fanfic I'm writing, the original Season 4 concepts as revealed to us by Hasbro are spread out across two seasons; the first has three parallel storylines, taking place on Earth, Cybertron, and Cybertron's moon Luna-1.

Naturally, on Earth we have Optimus and his crew battling Megatron and his fellow Decepticons (and otherwise) who were imprisoned in Trypticon.

Unlike the Autobots, the Decepticon roster only has a few "core" members that appear most frequently: those being Megatron himself, obviously, plus Shockwave, Blitzwing, and Lugnut. The other Decepticons that appear in the first half of "Season 4" are all villain-of-the-week type characters, to get readers familiar with the new paradigm. Omega Supreme is also taken offline again, during the Decepticon mass breakout. I figured if the Autobots had Omega Supreme active, the stakes would be far too low, even with Megatron's triple-changer upgrade.

On Luna-1, the story focuses on Bulkhead and his co-workers, who struggle to fend off Strika and Team Charr, as they raid the Energon Farms to fuel the Decepticon cause. Team Bulkhead is composed of the green lug himself, plus Animated-ified versions of the RID Build Team: Heavy Load, Hightower, Steamhammer (renamed from Grimlock), and in place of Wedge (since Wedge Major already exists) I created a new character named "Widget," a femme who, despite transforming into a heavy construction vehicle like the rest, is a computer whiz. Team Charr is composed of everyone seen at the end of the "Stunt-con Job" comic: Strika, Sky-byte, Mindwipe, Blot, Oil Slick, and Scalpel.

On Cybertron, the story is a bit different, since it focuses on Sari, as she trains with her classmates in Autobot Bootcamp. She, Nightbeat, Siren, and Hosehead train under Kup. There's no set "villain" team, but they do end up battling a pair of mobsters - Runabout and Runamuck - as well as Blackarachnia and her Predacons, which include Waspinator, Inferno and Antagony.

Some of the characters cross between the different storylines; these are Blackarachnia - who appears on Earth before escaping to Cybertron, where she briefly terrorizes Sari and company - and Jazz, who likewise briefly leaves Earth, and ends up offering advice and extra training to Sari. Oil Slick also leaves Team Charr per Megatron's orders, and will rendezvous with him some time in the second half. In the final chapter, the Luna-1 and Cybertron stories fully cross over, with Sari and the other trainees coming to the rescue of the Energon farmers in one last battle with Team Charr.

Between the first and second halves is Bulkhead and Sari's trip into the Shattered Glass version of their universe; this serves as a "TV Movie" to transition between the first and second halves.

The second half follows the standard formula a bit more closely. More Decepticon regulars and less "one off" villains. Soundwave returns, and after a few failed attempts to return, he ends up joining Megatron's crew. Slipstream - as with many other fanfictions - leads her own offshoot group of Decepticons that eventually includes the Constructicons, as well as a few other Starscream clones.

In addition to recurring characters, guest characters include the Dinobots, Optimus Primal, Animated-ified movie Dropkick, Cryotek, Cy-Kill, Crasher, Zero, Cosmos, and Hot Shot.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
  13. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Too bad. I was imagining cube-Blurr Captain-Pike-ing it around in a beeping motorized chair. ;) 

• Like Like x 2
  14. Blam320

News Credits:
    That would be hilarious. Though thankfully the sci-fi of today is a bit more advanced, given Perceptor uses a speech synthesizer as his “voice.”

15. Rodimal Rodimus

Rodimal Rodimus Agent of Unit:E

Interesting. I like to see new characters as well

16. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Ooh fun. I’d have thought that the Constructicons would all be together though? But who’s the Starscream clone in Megatron’s team I wonder?

17. DiamondTiara

DiamondTiara Class President TFW2005 Supporter

I would like to see the Constructicons all be together. And then have the Stunticons aswell, however both teams have forsaken their allegiance to Megatron to pursue their own ways. I also like the idea of Blitzwing, just himself betraying the Decepticons and striking it out on his own, but being at peace with the Autobots.

18. Blam320

News Credits:
    Speaking of Constructicons, a friend of mine from these boards and I have been brainstorming ways to fill out their roster, and we think we've come up with a way that's a good mixture of Constructicons from across the franchise.

We've already got the Construction Worker stereotypes with Mixmaster and Scrapper, plus the Don/Foreman in Dirt Boss. So to flesh out the "mafia" side of the Constructicons, we came up with Bonecrusher and Gravedigger (who replaces Scavenger), twin bulldozers who are parodies/stereotypes of the Russian and Italian mobs, respectively. Gravedigger is the brains of the two, while Bonecrusher has a penchant for threatening to break a victim's knees if they don't cooperate.

Back on the construction side, we've got Hook, who as usual is the snooty architect who would rather not do any of the dirty work.

Finally, there's Overload, the typical eager-to-please new recruit found in any organization. He's extremely eager to do his boss proud, and backs up his enthusiasm with electrical powers not unlike those possessed by Bumblebee. Unfortunately, he also tends to go overboard and take his boss' instructions a bit too literally at times.

19. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    I’d definitely wanna see the combiner teams together. Although maybe that’d be easier if they went to 5 seasons. Like if they decided to show more of the Combaticons with Swindle or finish the Constructicons. I wouldn’t want that to compromise the other developments.

• Like Like x 1
  20. DiamondTiara

DiamondTiara Class President TFW2005 Supporter

I like the idea that the Decepticons, after they break out all get massive upgrades / new bodies somehow to up the stakes.