The Star Wars Model

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by TheBigBad, Jun 4, 2014.

1. TheBigBad

TheBigBad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So we have Abrams making Episodes 7, 8, and 9, along with several other directors doing various sub-stories within the Star Wars Universe, Yoda, Han Solo, Boba Fett, etc...

So why doesn't Hasbro/Paramount follow a similar model? Bay for better or worse could opt to continue with the mainline films, while other directors tell other stories within the Transformers Universe.

Seems like a license to print money to me, oh yeah and make toys too...

2. krade

krade Well-Known Member

agreed,i think it would be great

a movie about combiner,another cybertron centered,the're so much potential!

3. TheBigBad

TheBigBad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not necessarily solo films... But different aspects of the same continuity, if we believe the current films own rhetoric, then Transformers have been here since the 1920's. There's one story right there...

An actual fall of Cybertron movie... So so many other stories...

4. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    sounds like an awesome idea.

personally.. i think it would be cool if they followed the star wars clone wars tv show model.. where they show stuff that happened in between the movies.

seriously, i would LOVE that.

i know they want new shows between movies to sell toys.. but they could still do that. they could introduce different rogue characters that weren't killed in the movies.

maybe figure out what barricade had been doing.. or any of the clones the showed up in dotm.. where they came from, if there had been incidents with them before.

even between the first movie and rotf.. they were hunting decepticons across the globe, well i sure as shit would love to see a tv show based on those adventures.

5. tonks00

tonks00 spec ed

Though it would be cool to see a wreckers one off or a prequel ala wfc, tf is big, but not Star Wars big. Too much of a gamble from a studio perspective. If it doesn't have bee or prime, it wouldn't get green lit. Sucks but true.

6. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan DEFIANTLILHORDE

News Credits:
    I remember this coming up before. most people poopooed the idea because they want the studios to focus on the main movies..

Personally I think it's a good idea.

I'd really like to see a movie show how the 3 Wreckers ended up on Earth, maybe having them caught up in a battle with an armada of seekers led by Sky Warp or Slipstream.

And a movie about Barricade set between 1 and 3, I thought it would cool if he were on the run from someone, a bounty hunter like lockdown or deaths head, and he has to learn to get on with and buddy up with a wisecracking human or Autobot (or both) who accidently get involved and end up on the hunters shitlist.Brains could be in that too!

7. Livingdeaddan

News Credits:
    oo! we touched on the same ideas there! :)  shows there's a market for it!

8. Livingdeaddan

News Credits:
    :rock 

9. celticgaurdian

celticgaurdian Clean-up Crew

WWII TF Prequel Movie; Make it happen Hasbro/Paramount!

10. Livingdeaddan

News Credits:
    To tell interesting stories about individual or small groups of characters that we love, but can never get any real exposure to in the main movies because there's too much going on with the continuing fate of the core Autobots on Earth.

Don't worry, I don't think this Thread is going to be sent to Hasbro. It's just about Imagination!!

[​IMG]

11. Livingdeaddan

News Credits:
    Starscream as a spitfire vs Silverbolt the Zero!!

Yes bloody please!!!

12. kaiserlisk

kaiserlisk Squid Kid

News Credits:
    I personally love the idea of an expanded universe for this franchise, but I think many of the side characters in the Transformers brand simply aren't iconic enough to warrant standalone films, especially since Hasbro uses the same names to characters that changed designs(often drastically) between incarnations in a span of 30 years; each incarnation usually functions as its own character. I feel that few people unfamiliar with the brand are gonna know or care about who movieverse Ultra Magnus or Whirl are, but Yoda and Boba Fett have been in the game long enough design-wise to leave an imprint in the public consciousness. Plus, these movies are already hella expensive so it's kinda unfeasible to market similarly expensive standalone films for characters the general public knows little about. Expanded stories for this franchise might be best left to comics and books and animated television shows

13. Livingdeaddan

News Credits:
    Yep. I know.

That's why I answered your answer to the original question with an answer because your answer to the question was another question! Any questions?

oh, and I just wanted to post a picture of that creepy dude from tokkuger! Nothing personal!!

14. Timothy.R

News Credits:
    yeah man.. it's such a good idea.

i absolutely LOVED the star wars clone wars series.

plus, it would be a lot more cost efficient.. they could change the style and give us new toys with new bad guys.. hell, maybe even a couple new autobots come to earth for a couple episodes.

i'm just surprised they never did something like this. i know there are prequel and sequel comics.. but they just don't do it for me.

seriously, thinking about this more, i'd LOVE to see what happened between the first and second movies.. hell, they could even do something similar that they did with TFP and go to cybertron and maybe clean up some decepticons that are still hiding on it or something. there are just SOOO many possibilities.

oh well.

15. celticgaurdian

celticgaurdian Clean-up Crew

Its a pretty neat idea when you think about it. Also WWII Bruticus would be cool too *nudge nudge wink wink*

16. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

Live action transformers tv series .....hmmmm now that i like!!! Could not only be a arena for character development but also character creation!! Yes a golden opportunity missed if they don't do it

17. figsdad

figsdad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It will never happen..

18. Timothy.R

News Credits:
    i don't even need it to be live action.. it can be a cartoon.. hell, they can even simplify the designs a little bit, not too much, just enough to make it easier on the animators but still gives the movie style look.

i know it won't happen, especially with the new upcoming series. but i agree, a movie-verse tv show is definitely a missed opportunity.

19. figsdad

figsdad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My reason for it not happening as it takes so long to do a film how long would it take for them to do least a hr esp with cgi i bet it would take over few months ect...

20. starscream 55

starscream 55 Well-Known Member

I'd certainly like to see a Wreckers vs Dreads film, Add a few more bots ( no more than 12 characters be they Bot or Con) and there could be a good military-based TF film.