The Star Trek Toys Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by wheeljack01, Nov 10, 2006.

1. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

News Credits:
    Did Playmates ever make a season 2 Worf? Seems like it'd be a simple thing, just recolor the season 1 Worf they made. I know Geordi received a season 2 version as well, but I can't find one of Worf.

When the hell did they make a TOS Defiant!? :eek: 

2. Icebot

Icebot Well-Known Member

I got the first version of the E back in the day from the Star Trek experience in Vegas. I eyed the battle damaged version for a long time but never got one. I remember when they announced the First Contact version and I hoped they would fix some of the problems with the first toy but the paint scheme on that one ended up being so bland.

3. bearytrek

bearytrek Unicron Backer #1

News Credits:
    it was an SDCC or some other convention exclusive...

gads, I miss the Star Trek: Experience so much! it was such a trip to actually walk inside the corridors of the Enterprise (and the beaming up!)...the staff was always fun to riff off of too...a lot of people there loved working there...

the Borg attraction was fun, but nothing really compared to the Klingon Encounter, which was my go-to (as well as lunch at Quark's restaurant (loved the onion rings presentation)...the menu was a hoot too (I still have my souvenir copy...they should have done that at Galaxy's Edge too because fans are always going to have sticky fingers)...

I remember I had to make one last trip asap in...2000 (?) when word started leaking the attraction was shutting down...I did the special behind-the-scenes tour...finally got to go upstairs at Quark's, etc

4. Icebot

Icebot Well-Known Member

That must have been something. That place was fun. I loved Quarks.

5. Tasuke

Tasuke ♥Konomi Yuzuhara♥

it's done precisely that for me, -every single time i've ever sat through it-
    since the very first, as a young boy in the late-80's, straight on up through the most recent viewing, about a year or two ago.

a Potently Awesome sequence, in an otherwise not-so-awesome film...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

News Credits:
    Maybe that's why people have such a low opinion of the movie, it peaks too early :D  they managed to turn a scene of backing out of a garage into edge-of-your-seat stuff.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

News Credits:
    Oh yeah, how can we forget the self-destruct sequence?

On an unrelated note, the lot of ten figures that was the entire first wave of Star Trek TNG figures from Playmates was the last thing I got before all the lockdowns slowed mail down to a near halt.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
  8. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    I actually just watched Search for Spock last night. Doc Brown's Klingon commander is a complete idiot.

Last edited: May 16, 2020
  9. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I could totally see a show like Family Guy spoof that scene with actual cars coming out a garage. Recreate it shot for shot with a car backing up and the garage door goes up just in time. As it gets onto the street, another car is pulling out of the garage. Car gets away and the other car stalls on the street. Brian pulled a fuse out of the other car.

It would be one of these scenes where you don't quite get the reference until it is almost over.

10. transmasterc

transmasterc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You can blame James Horner’s score for that.:D 

11. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

News Credits:
    Considering he's probably the first Trek villain to call Kirk's bluff (which he's famous for), I think otherwise...

• Like Like x 1
  12. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    EAGLEMOSS EXPERTS:

Just got my Eaglemoss Star Trek NCC-1701-D XL Enterprise and the neck is broken. It's a clean break or maybe not a break at all? It's where the plastic neck connects with the secondary/engineering hull. There are 2 pegs that go into 2 tubes in the neck. Seems like they either did not glue it or not enough glue was applied? Can you recommend a good glue to use that won't harm the plastic (i.e. melting it/deforming it for lack of a better description)??? Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Tasuke

Tasuke ♥Konomi Yuzuhara♥

the whole sequence, including the music, puts riveting, edge-of-the-seat goosebumps on me every time i see it.

it truly is a moment of pure brilliance in an otherwise tragically unremarkable film.

oh, and what a majestically formidable-looking Starship, at that;

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  14. Croaker

Croaker Well-Known Member

Yes, there's a season 2 (or later) version of all the main cast.
    Geordi and Worf move to gold shirts
    troi got a repaint in another colour jumpsuit, then later a figure in her duty uniform
    Riker and data have repaints without the lines from the collar to the shoulder
    Picard got his later season open red jacket with grey shirt underneath

there's only 1 Dr. Crusher fig, but there is also a Polaski

Wesley is in his red ensign uniform

15. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

News Credits:
    That's great, but what card was he on?

16. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

News Credits:
    Well this is freakin' fantastic. I finally managed to grab the Playmates TOS Enterprise, and the electronics are busted!

• Like Like x 1
  17. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

So after assembling a pretty thorough Deep Space Nine Playmates collection a few years back, I decided to dip back in and collect the 5" figures from my second favorite Trek show, TNG. And... wow, I've just become aware of the Riker Situation with the Playmates figures. So as best as I can tell, there essentially ISN'T a definitive 5" Riker in his S3-and-onward collared uniform, right? The only one is the one with the weird ripped uniform and pre-posed legs? There's a S2 version, and a dress uniform version, and a pretty nice-looking First Contact version, and an under-articulated Generations versions, and a freaking undercover Malcorian version, and.... no "standard" Riker? I find it hard to believe, given how many other variants were done, but my web searches have yielded no such figure.

So if that is indeed the case, who do you TNG collectors use as your preferred 5" Riker? Of the imperfect offerings, which do you find the most satisfying?

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
  18. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Well at one point I was going to collect the Diamond Select line. But I remember there being some fuckup regarding Riker and Troi.

19. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Same happened to me. I think it’s just a bad design... that metal saucer section is just too heavy for the plastic body. I feel like it should have been the opposite... metal body and neck and plastic saucer. Oh well.

I used 2-part epoxy to re-attach mine. So far it seems okay... but it’s also just been sitting on a shelf, so I haven’t been manhandling it.

Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Tasuke

Tasuke ♥Konomi Yuzuhara♥

it is fully 20 years into the 21st century. shouldn't we have scale replicas that look EXACTLY like the original studio models?!?

NCC-2000 XL SCALE EAGLEMOSS (2).jpg NCC-2000 XL SCALE EAGLEMOSS (1).jpg