The Soul of Chogokin, Soul SPEC, SIC, & Super Robot Chogokin Choking on Gokin Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by viper2391, Aug 29, 2007.

1. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

Fuck safety...spring-loaded firing fists and missiles need to make a comeback. GX-88’s head can fire out of the combination port with what appears to be a surprising amount of force. It’s amusing, completely unnecessary...and maybe even detrimental to the longevity of the head...but I love it.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Haha, yeah that’s what I’m talking about!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

• Like Like x 3
  4. fschuler

Thanks for sharing! There are some things he doesn’t care for, which is fair. But, I’m still not seeing anything that would prompt me to cancel my own order. And, given his intro comments, I thought his review was going to be more negative.

• Like Like x 1
  5. TattooedRobot

TattooedRobot Too Much Horror Business TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Oh my god. I am thinking who is this guy does he review toys. It’s like watching a monkey with a rubix-cube.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Stunning and brave comment. Stunning and brave.

Everyone's different, man. Ever since it was brought up that I'd gotten some negative feedback you've went out of you way to quote and respond to every post shared with more or less brushing off said complaints as if it were some sort of defense mechanism. It's not necessarily a bad thing and I appreciate anyone's passion towards a product but sometimes you've just got to take information as put out there for the sake of having it out there vs. some sort of personal directive of whether or not you should purchase something or not. On a personal level I couldn't give any less of a screw what anyone else purchases outside of being able to talk to them about it and get their perspectives on them. So please don't take any information shared even if it's my personal opinion as a statement on what I feel you or anyone else should individually do with your money because I'm apathetic at best to any of that. If someone's happy with what they've gotten then they did great no matter what anyone else thinks.

• Like Like x 2
  7. TattooedRobot

News Credits:
    I am not terribly interested in what someone who reviews retail transformers thinks of an SOC. To date I am not aware of a flawless SOC release. But I do like context, I’ve always been a fan.

• Like Like x 2
  8. fschuler

It’s sometimes difficult to convey tone in written comments, so I apologize if I’ve ever come off as dismissive of anyone’s concerns over this figure or if I’ve given the impression that I think anyone is suggesting how I should spend my money. That has not been my intent. It’s true that I’m excited for this figure and admit that I am probably looking at it through rose-colored glasses to a degree. That also feeds into why I respond to so many comments on it. When I say that I haven’t seen any issues that would dissuade me from getting this figure myself, I hope that statement is just taken at face value. I imply no judgement of others’ opinions on the figure one way or the other.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    ... Ok? That's your personal preference and fine but doesn't really seem to tie into anything. But to humour it (not in a negative sense; )

I'm pretty split when it comes to that mentality. On one end I feel like people who are more regular and familiar with the line (which this gentleman is regardless of his reviews just knowing him and his collection) will probably know what to look for, it's also neat to see perspective from more fresh eyes that DON'T have that familiarity and default bias/disposition because on my end I find myself being ok with certain things with certain lines because of standards previously sent to where if I saw the same issues on a new product line I'd be more likely to just straight out say it sucks.

I appreciate your clarification and honestly just wanted to make sure I'm not coming off like that because even with my reviews I've gotten messages and comments accusing me of telling people what to do or buy and then get a surprised reaction when I respond asking who they are and letting them know that I don't care.

And honestly man, we have those particular products, franchises, characters, etc. etc. that we are more prone to "buy no matter what" because of connection to them. For me even, it's Dancouga; I've bought everything from Resin kits I know I'll never even attempt to put together to just plain pieces of shit because I just love that mecha. It's awesome that you're excited for Dairugger and I'm really looking forward to seeing what you think what you have it in hand! Glad no offense or attack was taken!

• Like Like x 2
  10. fschuler

It could break right out of the box and I’d probably still have a smile on my face...lol.

11. TattooedRobot

News Credits:
    Well I agree. I think your analysis is better than mine. Excellent points. Having MP-44 as one my most recent purchase this thing looks flawless, lol. But seriously you’re 100% correct on that take.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Seriously man... even when looking at the loose sword grip I caught myself justifying it with, "Well the Daizyujin didn't grip it either..." and it's like wait a second, TJ.

And condolences for having purchased Jigsaw Prime.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sup3hobo

Sup3hobo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    More random Dairugger thoughts:

I definitely recommend using the fixed posed hands for the sword. Get the sword in those hands in the sweet spot and he'll hold it like a champ. The propellers can fall off easily if you're man-handling it, but if you work around them when fiddling with the arms they'll stay on fine. I'm not sure what the reviewer was doing with the ab-crunch, but it's very functional and mobile (it's a double hinge that needs to be rocked up for usage). On the downside, the ab-crunch is not the most aesthetically pleasing as it can leave a large gap. The more I play with Dairugger, I do feel Bandai needs to put harder ratchets in the hips and shoulders. Dairugger has the range to do a kicking pose, but not enough strength in the hip ratchets to do so.

• Like Like x 3
  14. anubis20

anubis20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got a chance to open GX-88 Dairugger. Really good SOC in my opinion. Last combining SOC i got was GX-72 Megazord and that was trash to me. This one combines solidly and is 1000 times better than the old Miracle Vehicle Voltron I had. My only complaints are the weak shoulder joints and the helicopter propellers that are held on with very little friction.

I also thought i would be using the fixed pose hands more but the perfect transformation ones dont bug me as much in person as they did in the preview pics. Overall I can say im really happy with it :) 

0E58A47D-F82B-4A02-8804-A4FC5479F74C.jpeg D24B23FB-0B75-483A-9F28-777311D1FDEF.jpeg

• Like Like x 15
  15. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Overall I find SOC metal hinges can be a mixed bag, I do wish they were on average/generally a bit tighter and often seem to use a ratchet along with one of those tube like pins to create friction. One thing I like about SOC is that once you really get used to a figure and fully investigate the various joints you often realize that there is more articulation than first realized, zambo ace a case in point, his hips and waist have some crazy pieces in there allowing for lots of movement. I have no doubt engineering and producing metal hinges/ratchets/joints is much trickier maintaining consistency than are plastic equivalents, though of recent takaras efforts in transformers have been abysmal. Bandai japan (sentai DX mecha) still manages the trick.

16. Sponge

Sponge Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    Yeet just paid 4 my dairugger, looking forward to it

17. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    C'mon Toy Arena! Don't let me down here!

18. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Prototype / Testshot collector

News Credits:
    Who did you get it from. I have a pre-order at ChosenPrime, but it's saying they are not going to get it till January.

19. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All the american retailers get their stock from Bluefin, which is a month or two behind Bandai japan

also, holiday shipping season sucks

20. Sponge

Sponge Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    a friend who does some small scale distribution on discord, sorry I have no idea who his supplier is