The Soul of Chogokin, Soul SPEC, SIC, & Super Robot Chogokin Choking on Gokin Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by viper2391, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    One day @Faelon you're going to post an actual, constructive response and I think I'm literally not going to know what to do from the shock.

2. Faelon

Faelon Well-Known Member

One day you're going to actually get a joke, sarcastic comment or understand humor and I'm going to fall off my chair.:D 

3. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Why didn't you just say, "I know you are but what am I?" instead of taking the long route? I know my posts are amazing, but you're better than parroting them (this sentence is serious as I don't understand jokes and/or sarcasm.)

----------------------------------------------------------------

Soc vs. KOB v 1 comparison. It's a lot more in SoC's favor than I'd thought when it comes to the overall execution of the designs. I guess I had them displayed together but never really got a chance to look them up and down.

[​IMG]

4. Pharoid

Pharoid Time Traveling Robot

News Credits:
    Yes you should definitely do some Gorg destroys everything shots! In the free time you don't have.

Bandai is the king? Just this.

Chogokin (超合金 Chōgōkin?, Sometimes Chougokin or Cho-gokin) is Japanese for "Super Alloy" and is a fictitious material which first appeared in Go Nagai's Mazinger Z manga and anime. It was later adopted by Popyin 1972 as the name of a new line of die-cast metal robot and character toys sold in Japan. The first of these toys was the "GA-01" Mazinger Z, which, in spite of questionable engineering that led Popy to offer a free replacement campaign, ignited a craze that changed the face of the Japanese toy industry in the 1970s. Bandai, the parent company of Popy, continues the Chogokin line to this day, branded under their own name.

5. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    - Would use the same time I have to take any other pics.

- I don't understand how Bandai trademarking a term and carrying on the godaikin lines makes their products best?
    -

• Like Like x 1
  6. Pharoid

News Credits:
    - Cool I cannot wait to see what you can do with the GG stuff. Already photogenic toy in your hands is gold.

- I am just giving Bandai credit for creating the whole genre and being so dedicated to it. 45 years of founding and mainitnng the concept is impressive. From a lot of our childhood's to today with SOC Voltron and the new kids' Megazord. I tip my fucking hat to Bandai,
    And that is no slight to Fewture or Sentinel they are some creative companies making excellent robots. But it's hard for me to not be more attached to Bandai, just a humble toy collector's opinion no one has to agree. Change and competition drive the future!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    - Oh definitely. I don't think you post at RJ but not too long ago I had a pretty lengthy post about how Bandai will always have a place. I don't think there'd BE a Fewture or Sentinel doing these things if not for Bandai keeping things going for all of these years. Even though I don't give them the same praise as some other companies, I still have more of their Chogokin products on display than any other including Sentinel.

--------------------------------------

Looking to possibly sell a few items, but need some help with pricing. Let me know if these prices are ok:

Soul of Chogokin GX-71 Golion/Voltron: $270 shipped US - Individual lions taken out of box to display. Weapons and instructions still in sealed bags and plastic shells.

MadToys Infinity Gokin KOB v 1 - $200 shipped US - Mint in box and complete Opened and displayed.

• Like Like x 2
  8. shogun221

shogun221 timewaster extraordinaire

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I never used Toy Wave before, but they had Tobikage & Kurojishi listed as in-stock, at a suspiciously-low $88. Tried placing an order and..... yep, a listing error. Ah well, never hurts to try. Would definitely bite on a reissue, but not ready to pay standard aftermarket prices for him.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    You're missing out. The three tobikage pieces are some of the best SOCs ever

-----------------------------------

Vinished the Golion gallery and it's almost 50 pics. Spam incoming

• Like Like x 2
  10. Pharoid

News Credits:
    Fuck I am in panic mode. I went to my storage space and cannot find my sets. I already preemptively bought a second GX-55 Tobikage & Houraioh.... when Kuma mentioned them a few days ago I went to pull them and MIA...

11. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Dude... that's no bueno.

12. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

I'm getting really sick of almost every bot mentioned here being "one of the best something ever" :D 

• Like Like x 1
  13. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    :lol . I think that's the first time I've used the the term.

14. Slave IV

Lol, maybe it just seems that way. I just can't keep up with all the greatness.

15. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    It's all subjective. Just like in the Voltron thread, you can get them and be like "meh." When I say something's awesome, it's because I think it's awesome and it doesn't matter to me if anyone else does besides making for good discussion.

As for WHY I think these pieces are great, it's because they're a good mix of having solid, hefty figures with transformations between two convincing modes which are decently articulated and don't need things like option parts to make them look good, and they come with poseable Tobikage and Bakuryu figures, including a smaller Tobikage that fits inside of the mecha. They're great pieces and it's crazy because they fly really far under the radar.

16. Slave IV

Don't get me wrong, it's totally great to see, hear, read about and sometimes purchase and own these figures. I was just joking because you mentioned a few things as the greatest, best or something like that just in the last couple rounds of discussion. You definitely don't need to justify your reasoning but it doesn't hurt. All of them look amazing to me.

17. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    It's a discussion board so I have no problem expounding upon why I think something when it's called out that I think it. I guess I'd have to look back and know what particular figures you're talking about, but hey if there was a streak of figures I felt like are great brought up, then I guess good times for me, lol.

18. Slave IV

You mentioned EX Gokin Dragon Getter and Ultimetal Prime off the top. Probably a couple more. Keep them coming! Haha.

19. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Yes. You were asking about a good Getter to get and I gave you the best I know. I don't know why I'd suggest something I think is crap?

And Ultimetal Prime... yea; it's not one of, it's THE best, IMO. I don't even know if I can really describe handling that piece to someone who hasn't. It'd be one of the last pieces (not just TFs) I got rid of in general if I had to start letting things go.

20. Michael Payton

Michael Payton Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Saw this video a week ago. A modern day Jumbo Machinder style Mazinger Z with die-cast and shooting fists.

This store is selling it for about $500 USD. My fiancée and I are saving up for a wedding and some furniture, but maybe if this is around come Christmas I'm gonna try to grab one.

Mazinger Z is my favorite of the Super Robots and I missed out on the real Jumbo when I was a kid, since I was only allowed to have the teeny tiny ones.

There are a few very large vinyl Mazinger Z figures, but this one just grabs me.

• Like Like x 1