The Soul of Chogokin, Soul SPEC, SIC, & Super Robot Chogokin Choking on Gokin Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by viper2391, Aug 29, 2007.

1. anubis20

anubis20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree! If it was one of the seller from China it would scream scam, but this guy is in the US and has perfect feedback. We'll see, money will be tied up until the 14th if its a scam so its not too bad.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That's freaking awesome and i hope it's legit. What a deal!

--------------

Also, going to ACG HK this summer, so if anyone is interested in exclusives, lmk early to get to planning.

• Like Like x 1
  3. cyberpredicus

cyberpredicus Well-Known Member

I got my SOC Voltron yesterday, I love this thing so much. The only annoying thing about is that one of the front legs on my yellow lion keeps popping off whenever I transform it. It's not that big of a deal since it pops right back on. Once I get back to my apartment I'll open the rest of the accessories, but I definitely don't regret spending the money for it.

4. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    that yellow leg issue, hopefully you can get that popped in so it stays permanently, I know other user have found the leg unattached but seem to have no problem keeping it in, if there is an issue there I'd be tempted to make an exchange.

• Like Like x 1
  5. anubis20

anubis20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh damn im interested if there are any Sentinel exclusives :D 

6. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Ok. We'll figure out costs and my fee closer to.

7. Faelon

Faelon Well-Known Member

Yeah... but he got caught trolling truckstop restrooms on the interstate... this is NOT making the kids outfit less creepy!

I love it for the fun absurdity. Up until robots start punching each other. Then it's tactical flaws become apparent. "Hello!?! Mr. Mad Scientist Robot Guy. Could we maybe put something of a roof on the next one? You know something to keep stuff off my head? Like rain, snow, Giant Steel Robot Fists, and the unwanted shower of my own blood and entrails? Maybe we could budget for that on the Model 2? And while we're at it, could we maybe throw in a chair with some seat Belts? Every time the bad guy crotchkicks the robot I end up with a motorcycle engine block slamming me in the balls. It just seems like am unneeded feature. Thanks!"

• Like Like x 1
  8. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Personally, I tend to suspend a ton of disbelief with Super Robot lore vs. Real Robots and whatnot. You pretty much have to in order to put up with it, even, let alone "love" it and whatnot.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Paik4Life

Paik4Life Reviews

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Yeah I agree. I mean THAT'S where we're going to draw the line? I think most people would have drawn it at the super alloys that can self heal or even sooner at wind weapons that can instantly erode metals in seconds or you know the whole giant robots thing.

I mean aren't all the above THE reasons why we love this stuff in the first place?

~Paik

• Like Like x 2
  10. cyberpredicus

cyberpredicus Well-Known Member

Just in case, how did you guys fix the front legs on the yellow lion?

11. Pharoid

Pharoid Time Traveling Robot

News Credits:
    Exactly. Gravity would essentially undo any giant robot anyway.

Hah too funny yeah old George Michael liked the stick but whatever everyone's got a pick a team. Now I know you are as old as me and I would bet money you rocked some of those 80's short-shorts yourself. Hell they didn't even sell shorts that weren't nuthuggers in '83. Embrace the decade.

You got it real life is way too real. Robots and suspension of disbelief is great escape.

Plus I always like that story of GoNagai stuck in rush-hour traffic, Thinking I wish I could park my car in the head of a giant robot and walk over / smash of these other cars to get to work.

12. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Ok, so metamor-force black dyno Getter en route for $160.20 speed ems and the Dyno machine guns for $60 shipped ems.

I'm not home, so going off top off my head with my metamor-force collection and if anyone can point out holes, it'd be great;

- Gaiking
    - Gaiking open face
    - Getter 1
    - Getter 1 Black Ryoma
    - Dyno Getters 1, 2, and 3 + machine guns
    - Dyno Getter 1 Black
    - Dancouga x2
    - Dancouga Real Color x2
    - Black Wing x2
    - Black Wing Real color
    - Eagle Fighter

If you're talking about the fiction, just use the term Super Robots as calling them super alloys doesn't make sense. Even in the specific example chogokin (Super alloy) was used in a series, it was a metal and not a set of robots or anything. For the longest though, Chogokin has been Trademarked by Bandai for their diecast toys (Not just Super Robots; things from Fate; Stay to Phantasy Star have Bandai toy homages labeled as Chogokin,) so it doesn't even pertain to Diecast Super Robot toys in general. Most companies just use the term "Gokin" (Max Gokin, Ex Gokin, etc.)

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  13. Paik4Life

Paik4Life Reviews

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I'm not using the term "super alloy" as a replacement for "Super Robots" in this case. I meant the actual fictional material use to build some of these Super Robots exhibited the unrealistic self-healing/regenerative property (Maybe I'm mis-remembering this? I could have sworn that was one of the crazy properties they talk about).

~Paik

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sponge

Sponge Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    Pretty sure that's all of em, until baikanfu :thumb 

15. Pharoid

News Credits:
    Sentinel is doing Baikanfu?!?!?!?!

16. Faelon

Faelon Well-Known Member

That would be kind of interesting in a lot of ways. Is there some back end tie between Bandai and Sen-TI-Nel? Like there apparently is with Action Toys? I mainly ask because Baikanfu stands out as a design and robot IP that is wholly owned by Bandai. Not simply licensed. Even bootleg manufacturers tend to shear clear of those.

17. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    I referred to the material in yhe post you quoted. It still doesn't make sense because it's specific to one anime (Mazinger) and we were talking about the Robots and not any sort of materials used for their creation.

Very good.

18. Sponge

Sponge Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    IMG_4005.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  19. Pharoid

News Credits:
    Okay my mind is BLOWN on two levels. First of all that is freakin gorgeous, gorgeous. And if it's Sentinel at it's best it will be mind blowing.

Second if Faelon is right and Sentinel is working with Bandai behind the scenes. Then Palpatine is Darth Sidious and finally, finally the galaxy can have peace.

20. Faelon

Faelon Well-Known Member

It's not really that strange. Bandai is still privately owned. The family that owns Bandai has a longstanding habit in either starting up or partnering in other businesses that either compliment Bandai, or target a market niche Bandai is not currently exploring. That's what Popy was. An offshoot company created to specialize in Die Cast toys. Mega House is another such Bandai related offshoot. Heck we tend to forget Bandai owns or owned a sizable share in both Sunrise and Toei behind the scenes. Mazinger Z would not have gotten made without Bandai's investments. There is some sort of partnership between Bandai and Action Toys regarding Machine Robo. On paper Action is not a Bandai subsidiary, but I would not be surprised if it was discovered that some of Bandai's principles were investors to it. Sen-tI-nel may be working in partnership with Action Toys on the Machine Robo license. Just as they subcontracted a few other well known design houses for the previous release? The Japanese robot toy industry is a lot more incestuos and cooperative than we Westerners tend to imagine.

• Like Like x 2