The Soul of Chogokin, Soul SPEC, SIC, & Super Robot Chogokin Choking on Gokin Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by viper2391, Aug 29, 2007.

1. glancer

glancer Dinobot

It was the official Amazon pre-order with free shipping. Now it's back to 207 with free shipping.

2. typev3

typev3 @VinceSanchez

Shiny!

Can't wait!

3. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    broke down and got a godsigma.

Officially the most I've spent on a single toy! Overall astounding and makes me realize why retail on these things is so high.

Only 2 slight issues but at least I can transform it fine (unlike my daioja which was exchanged).

The blue robot: his left leg is a bit difficult to compress, I have to push at the back of outer thigh a bit to get it in, the other leg and yellow slide up/down fine.

The yellow robot: the 'neck/shoulder' hinge that allows the head to be tilted back to bring out the chest flap for leg connection to thighs only moves back a bit but at least allows me to get the flap out, blues moves back quite a bit more.

Amazed at how nice the chrome is on SOC.

I now have Daioja and Godsigma my next no brainer would be godmars, if it ever got reissued....

4. SurlyJ

SurlyJ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Congrats. I would love sigma and mars. Maybe one day, but they are lower priority for me now. If they get reissued I'll jump.

5. microclone

News Credits:
    sigma seemed a reasonable purchase as the few available are not much more than I saw them originally, plus the purchase from within the USA came out at $260 shipped. Current prices on secondary market mars a bit crazy!

6. SurlyJ

SurlyJ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah I suppose that's a decent price. I don't know what sigma was at retail, but I tend to not like to spend more than $200 on gokins... With the exception of the fewture getters which I am about to spend much, much more on lol

7. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Anybody after a SOC Ideon? Thinking of selling mine, has been in storage for years, the only bad thing is one of the rubber treads has split open [repaired with glue, but wouldn't roll him on surfaces]. What do you guys think a fair price would be for him?

8. microclone

News Credits:
    unfortunately my replacement Daioja has the exact same issue as the first. A frozen pin joint.

On the blue robot that forms the legs the hip moves down on a double hinge to form the daioja knee but then will not hinge back, this is the leg that has the robot head tucked away. The other side is fine. Ive tried some hot water, a bit of oil on the pin and it will not move.

Anybody else had this issue with Daioja? I'd hate to send this one back too as there's none left at the supplier.

EDIT: I got it, its not the pin. I forced it hard, its the little gray flap that opens/closes just below Daiojas knee, the hole is really tight, once the flap goes in it is very difficult to get it out, a little bit of trimming methinks...

9. Pharoid

Pharoid Time Traveling Robot

News Credits:
    It's funny one of the fine people here sold me their God Mars last month, but God Sigma is by far still my favorite. Congrats. Wish Bandai would do another aggressive combiner. Go Lion and Dairugger are still sadly un-SOCed and Danguard A is great but not big enough to really scratch the itch.

10. thecollector

thecollector Will pet your dog

Should I be wary of knockoffs of these? Been wanting to find a good MF Valkyrie for less than 200 bucks

11. treatment

treatment Well-Known Member

12. SideswipePrime

SideswipePrime Reply Dump Extraordinaire

Typically no. You've just gotta be careful, because most Valks that are under $200 are the Version 1s, which are complete crap. Make sure when you look at the box or item description they say "V2" or "Renewal".

13. thecollector

Alright, thank you. Are they all like that, or are there some that have been produced as a "V2" and never as a "V1"?

14. typev3

typev3 @VinceSanchez

Got my payment request for SRC Mazinkaiser a couple of hours ago!

15. SideswipePrime

SideswipePrime Reply Dump Extraordinaire

Yeah, the YF-29. It was actually the first one to use the engineering that would be carried over to the V2 VF-25s.

16. typev3

typev3 @VinceSanchez

17. MechaFanboy

MechaFanboy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    An extensive gallery of the upcoming GFF:Metal composite Banshee.

gundam banshee metal-composite

Personally, I'm not digging the blue hue. And the prism coating / finishing clashes with the Banshee's "busy" design.

18. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Too bad they didn't upgrade the package to include a Metal Build-style stand, instead of the original support rod from the Unicorn. That stand's useless for any flight poses.

Banshee's always been dark blue. Figure looks gorgeous, to me.

Wasn't expecting chrome parts for some reason. Dunno why I never noticed that.

19. thecollector

Ah. How about the Quarter? From pictures it looks good and manages to stay under $200

20. SurlyJ

SurlyJ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Me too. But i'm not buying from amiami anymore after they refused to help me get replacement parts on my CMs Grendizer, so I'll be ignoring the request. I ordered through my lcs and will get it cheaper anyhow, just have to wait until January I think