The Soul of Chogokin, Soul SPEC, SIC, & Super Robot Chogokin Choking on Gokin Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by viper2391, Aug 29, 2007.

1. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Off the scale.

2. KingForm

KingForm Banned

These aren't toys you can go by pictures alone, with these you have to actually hold them in your hand to feel the awesome quality and engineering.

This being said, I only own one SoC but I do have another one on the way!

3. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    I own Tetsujin 28, Zambot 3, Gold Lightan, EVA-01 (first version) and Leopaldon. Every single one of them is absolutely flawless and has the best engineering, paint, and parts-fit that I've ever seen on any toys, period. The materials used and the overall finish is just amazing. And the articulation on many SOC toys is spectacular as well. Even Lightan who is, literally, a brick, has tons of useful articulation. There are of course issues that pop up from time to time on certain releases, but it's fairly rare.

Basically I didn't know what a truly quality toy was until I got my first SOC. The only downside is they can be highly addictive, and it's not cheap toy crack like most Transformers. It's more like pure, expensive high-grade toy heroin. :) 

4. iron maniac

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    But well worth it! I listed all the ones I have somewhere in this thread. Yeah I have quite a few SOC but I wouldn't trade them for anything.

Try the Starvengers SOC(or Getter Robo G if you are from Japan) Dragun, Poseidon, or Lieger, you can usually find them for around $45-$50 a piece, a good starting point. :D 

5. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

SOC really needs to make a Daltanius in there somewhere, I am itching to get one but they run about $500 and up for a vintage one.

6. KingForm

KingForm Banned

I've been wanting to see more Super Sentai and tokusatsu robots being made.

[​IMG]

Who wouldn't want that? I could easily see Bandai updating some of those old Godaikin Super Sentai robots.

7. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    If nothing else, you can get something that looks Awfully similar.

If Bandai can make a giant SoC Spider Man Sentai bot, I don't see why they couldn't make more. ;) 

8. KingForm

KingForm Banned

Yeah, Leopardon should be arriving soon for me!

The only other SoC ive got is Battle Fever Robo, ive never really been into the anime super robot thing so the tokusatsu bots are the only things that really warrant a purchase for me out of this line.

Although the Tetsujin 28 looks mighty tempting.

9. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Leopardon is a FANTASTIC toy. He's a little smaller than I expected, but he's packed with fun and looks really great.

Tetsujin 28 is a favorite of mine. Some really cool aspects of the SOC version are the hip articulation and the light-up eyes. The articulation at the hips is cool because there is a very clever mechanism that allows for a wide range of movement on an otherwise stiff character design. The eyes work with a magnet and turn from yellow to red when the magnet (housed in a little control box) is passed over his chest.

10. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pretty much sums up what I feel about the SOC line...the quality and engineering are top notch...althogh there have been some issues of QC, the line's overall quality is pretty good. Little wonder tat I have been spending more on Bandai's stuff.

11. KingForm

KingForm Banned

Yeah, and he's also a huge chunk of metal! The only hard part will be finding him for a decent price, I must have gotten outbid on 5 eBay auctions before Leopardon came back in stock at HLJ, and I was lucky to find Battle Fever on a BBTS sale.

12. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    If anyone is interested in getting an Iron Gear, do yourself a favor and check out Drifand's awesome Rumble (Review) over at ToyBoxDX.

http://toyboxdx.com/brog/?p=577

13. KingForm

KingForm Banned

[​IMG]

14. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Cool, your Leopaldon came! How do you like him?

I got a little SOC goodness this week, too...
    [​IMG]

I'm in love. Iron Gear is built out of solid fun. Everyone should have one. :) 
    [​IMG]

15. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Oh, and Big Dan arrived a few days ago. I can't believe I've lived without him for so long. If he were a TF he'd easily be the best one, without contest. It's one of those toys you want to take a day off work so you can just hang out with it and experience all of it's joys.
    [​IMG]

16. KingForm

KingForm Banned

I love him to death and would be hard-pressed to find a flaw. He's not quite as cool as Battle Fever Robo is (diecast weapons FTW) but he feels durable, heavy, and has great play value for a "collectors item". The only thing I really hate is that god damn head-crest, its got a hair trigger and i've already lost the thing twice.

Iron Gear and Dancouga are so cool looking, but way out of my price range. Thats why i'm currently hunting for a cheap Tetsujin 28.

17. iron maniac

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Nice!

I tell you which SOC really shocked me, it was Combatra(Combattler V).

Here's some shots of mine:

[​IMG]

Weapons Rack:
    [​IMG]

The 5 Vehicles:
    [​IMG]

Combatra in Grandasher mode:
    [​IMG]

He's a 10 inch tall block of solid Die-Cast! Superb!

18. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Awesome, I've been pondering Combattler and Voltes for a while now, too. For some reason I'm more prone to get the combiners whose individual components also turn into robots, like Dancouga and even Zanbot (although only the Zambird turns into a bot). I still like the other combiners, though. I think the next SOC I get after Reideen will be Ideon.

19. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't own Volts but he LOOKS amazing! I'm so tempted to pick up this bad boy but I'm afraid of getting sunk into this line again! XD Anyway picked up the reissued Getters?

20. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    For some reason I never got into the Getters. There's something about the aesthetics that don't appeal to me (I mean the mechs in general, not any specific toy). Not sure what it is, because I love Mazinger and the Getters have similar aesthetics.

Anyway, I just decided I need a Walker Galliar to go with my Iron Gear. I already have a Xabungle on the way ($42 MIB, woot!). From what I've read the Galliar should be a great toy.