The Soul of Chogokin, Soul SPEC, SIC, & Super Robot Chogokin Choking on Gokin Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by viper2391, Aug 29, 2007.

1. SearchmanDS

SearchmanDS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Is that a reissue of GaoGaiGar with Stealth Gao II parts, or is this a completely seperate figure? Just wondering since there are two prices listed there.

2. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Both I think, don't know if either of them is a web exclusive though. Pretty sure you'll be able to get the parts if you've already bought GGG though.

3. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

It's one of the Key to Victory Sets. Number 2 I think. Includes stealth Gao II.

4. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    From what i can tell, they're reissuing the SRC GGG alongside the Key to Victory Set 2. I wonder if they are doing that for Set 3 as well? 3500 for Key to Victory, and 5000 for the GGG reissue.

5. Dai-Guard

Dai-Guard Well-Known Member

My only real nitpick is that SRC Dai-Guard doesn't have a second drill. Other than that, he has pretty much every weapon from the show.

6. EternalVendetta

EternalVendetta Member

Is the KtV Set 2 a wide release? I sure hope it is. I'm actually thinking about getting the web-exclusive Set 3 if Set 2 is available at amiami.

7. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    I'm pretty new to the SOC line myself but I've gathered a pretty small army of figures in the past few months.

If you are looking for figures that transform like transformers (bot to tank and back) then I'd recommend:

• GX-53 Daitarn 3: Lots of weapons; lots of die-cast gives him a good, heavy weight; Has two vehicle modes: a space ship & a tank; is a bit of a parts former (not bad) but he part forms in the show.
    • GX-43 Daimos: Lots of weapons; another well endowed figure with lots of heavy diecast; has one alt mode, a futuristic semi truck of some kind.
    • GX-41 Reideen: Again has lots of parts; if you really like the character and want to splurge, then GX-41S has more parts and a plastic bust of a pharaoh that splits in half and stores a gold (all plastic) version in "rest" mode; a good amount of die-cast; transforms into "GodBird" mode (kinda weak mode though) but more than makes up for the awesome robot mode and all of the parts he comes with

One thing to be aware of is the transformations aren't as complex as transformers are. They are generally much simpler than most deluxe figures and even some scouts. Plus most of them also have some degree of faking the transformation with parts forming so if these are huge factors in your liking a figure or not then you may be disappointed with your purchase. Where these figures do shine is in their articulation, sculpt, paint and just over all quality.

The other figures that transform (and I don't know which you prefer) are the combiners. These figures are really well done IMO and the engineering is amazing. The SOC line has many great gestalt figures that form from vehicles, smaller robots, beast bots, or a combination of those three. Some really good combiner bots (around $200) are:

GX-23 Zambot 3: Forms from a smaller robot (who transforms into a rather weak jet), a tank and space ship. You get lots of parts but I am really impressed with the completed robot. It does a great job of hiding its individual components and looks like robot parts. (the separate vehicles look like robot components though).
    GX-31 Voltes 5: Five smaller vehicles combine to make Voltes V; pretty good amount of weapons; components lock together tightly and stay together; The more expensive GX-31V has a more vintage toy accurate color scheme but is about $100-200 more expensive than the regular GX-31.
    GX-03 Combattler V: The first combiner in the SOC line. In 2009 Bandai released GX-50 renewal version. The renewal version is more expensive but has really dropped the price of the GX-30. The GX-50 is a new mold as the 5 vehicles and robot are slightly taller and bulkier. And the robot vehicle mode (which looks ridiculous btw) is better implemented in the GX-50 vs GX-03.
    GX-36 Ideon: This is a fun one. Made up of three vehicles that combines into a giant robot; Each vehicle has two alt modes; very heavy, might be the heaviest chogokin in the line; has a light up gun; doesn't come with many extra weapons though.

Hope this helps. Which ones are you interested in?

8. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    More transforming SoC toys are Dancouga, Leopardan, Gold Lightan, Iron Gear...all pretty great toys in their own right.

9. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    yeah gaogaigar was just confirmed to get reissued in january, gosh if it wasn't for all my pre-orders in january i would jump on that......i already got to put s.h. figuarts gokaisilver in my pre-orders for that month

10. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    DAMMIT Star GGG is coming now?

11. Roanstalker

News Credits:
    Technically its Gaogaigar plus the Star Upgrade. Set three is the Pliers IIRC.

12. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Gahhh but I gotta have this one too! x.x should have just went for Star GGG instead of GGG

13. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Yay, my Dai-Guard shipped. I hereby dub October Dai-Guard Appreciation Month.
    Now to find a good source to watch the show again...

14. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    ADV went bust but the dvds are on ebay in plentiful supply.

15. Roanstalker

News Credits:
    I think you misunderstand me. The Star GGG parts are a seperate release called the Key to Victory set. Like the Goldion hammer, it will be a seperate package.

16. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

Am I the only one who doesn't really like the Star parts for GGG?

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    No. I've never liked them. They don't jive with his overall asthetic, and make him too bulky. GGG never really looked liked a plausible giant robot, but the big engines really make it look like he's gonna fall over. Plus the spike coming off the back always makes him look like he's wearing a pointy hat.

18. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Although, not so much an issue when the thing's only used in zero-G.

19. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

I don't hate them... but I will say that I prefer the nice, clean basic GGG design. Goldymarg is cool and all, but for me GaoGaiGar will always be that fundamental design, not GFG or Genesic or Star GGG.

zmog

20. mbv07g

mbv07g Well-Known Member

Hey yo. Bandai apparently wants to know if people in the US will buy Tamashii Web Exclusive items if offered internationally in the US. Stuff like Data Weapon Set for SRC Dendoh or expansion set for MonsterArts Godzilla.