The Single Worst Transformers TV Show

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Dark_Convoy, May 1, 2008.

1. SilverBlade

SilverBlade Well-Known Member

I can't think of a 'single worst'

Cybertron, RiD, Energon and Armada were all horrible. So it's a 4 way tie.

Beast Machines was barely "acceptable", but heaps better then the 4 I mentioned.

2. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

QFT

3. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

It's hard for me to pick one as the worst, because most of them are universally terrible. Beast Wars is the only one I'd consider an actual great show, although what I've seen of Animated shows promise so far. G1 is really only good for nostalgia and doesn't stand on its own very well, and everything in between BW and Animated has been unwatchable trash.

4. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    QFT

5. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

Could've said it better. (although I did enjoy what I've seen of Cybertron, but the CGI models could be a lot better IMO)

6. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Headmasters.

No matter what dub or subtitle you watch it just plain sucked. It just seemed thrown together at best.
    Prime dies again and then Rodimus leaves with Kup and Arcee never to be seen again? They make such a big deal about the Matrix in the first 3 episodes but yet Rodimus relinquishes leadership to Fortress Maximus and doesn't even so much as mention it. Remember: Rodimus is NEVER heard from again after this, so he must have just kept the matrix for himself in some far-off mystery land???? Does he still have the matrix to this day?

Galvatron. So powerful and mighty that he is the lone survivor of Cybertrons destruction but yet he gets killed by the Headmasters circle thing and some lame icebergs?? WTF!? "Darn you, Autobots! Darn you!"

Wheelie and Danny-boy of course made things excruciatingly painful. Bad, bad, bad! UGH!! It couldn't possibly get worse, right??

Wrong. My personal avatar should be a clue to my next, and biggest gripe against Headmasters: Uncle Sixshot. Yup, he started out as this ruthless bad-ass that killed Autobots without a care in the world. He even killed the great Ultra Magnus. Then out of nowhere..........Sixshot became "Uncle Sixshot", Daniels best buddy and personal defender! "Daniel, eat your rations, you need them to survive." ARGGGGHHHH!!! NOOOO! UGGGHHHHH!!! "Uncle Sixshot, HELP!"
    The first time I watched it I simply couldn't believe what had just happened.

I know there are things I forgot to mention but my head is aching just from thinking about this series again.

I also know there are people out there that may be tempted to give Headmasters a chance because there a lot of familiar G1 characters in it. DON'T DO IT! I made that mistake!

7. DrSpengler

DrSpengler The Real Ghostbuster

Well, he never appears again in the cartoon, but he does appear in the last issue of the manga (issue #8) which acted as an epilogue to the series. He reappears as a Micromaster much later down the line in the Battlestars: Return of Convoy series, where he's apparently relinquished the Matrix back to Optimus Prime.

But I get all your grievances with the series, man. I really do.

Headmasters is terminally bland and filled with so much nonsense and annoying characters that it lacks all the charm and fun of the US seasons which came before it.

8. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    Well I decided to watch the entire Beast Machines all over again, since I really never to watch the series before...

Beast Machines is not the worst TF series ever. Though it certainly is nowhere as good as the original Beast Wars, or the other Japanese BW sequels.

So in all favor, I vote for Energon as the worst series ever.

9. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yup. the most jumbled-up of all the japanese TF series. it was really a pain to watch. when i first got hold of it, i was very excited abt it. finally get to watch the Headmasters after all this years. but after abt 10 episodes i just can't take it anymore. you really sums it up very well iron maniac.

But the whole thing was saved by the next instalment in the TF japanese series- Masterforce. which was quite a good series btw. but just when you think it could get any better..then comes Victory :( . everything just went back to square one.

10. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

I would say Beast Machines (Cybertron was orgianally organic?, metaphysical Primal, Cheetor being a dick) was bad. I watched some of the episodes but, meh. To me, BM was the show that hurt the franchise so badly that it took years for before Hasbro could come up with their own line (Transtech was cancelld before Toyfair that year, RID was a filler, The Unicron Trilogy was imported over from Japan and dubbed) It wasn't unitl Classics that Hasbro started getting original. Hell, if they planned Animated back in 2000, it wouldn't have worked due to fandoms anit-BM biased (the death threats on Bob Skir where what kept US writers away until the 2007 movie and Animated.)

11. BigRC83

BigRC83 I'm singing in the rain

News Credits:
    ANIMATED! :confused2 

12. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Agreed, but the Manga epilogue was an afterthought wasn't it? After people called out the writers on a straight-up plot hole? I could be wrong(and correct me if I am). The writers of the series just plain forgot about Rodimus and the Matrix or something, it seemed like to me anyway.

Thanks, I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one that was totally let down by this series after years and years of wanting to see it. I was just as excited to see it as you were and then after watching every episode I was like: "What the hell did I just watch???!!"

Another gripe on Headmasters that I forgot about:
    Soundwave and Blaster. They have an epic all out battle to the death. Very cool, right? Wrong again. The entire coolness of the battle is undermined by the fact that they are brought back in different color schemes(and with bigger cassette doors lol) one or two episodes later as Soundblaster and Twincast. Lame.

13. rikkuluverx2

rikkuluverx2 scout

News Credits:
    for me it has to be energon and cybertron. horrible. imo.

-rikkuluverx2

14. MugenAutobot

MugenAutobot Well-Known Member

Energon...

15. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    Hell no that was awesome!

16. luke4

luke4 crocon

unicron trilioy.... thats what got me out of transformers until i started hearing news about the movie...

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    To you, maybe. In reality, the show did amazingly well, it was the crap-tastic toyline that killed it. And taht's not how it worked at all. Hasbro and Takara always planned to do the Unicron trilogy, but they wanted it sooner. That's one of the many, MANY reasons why Transtech got cancelled and RID got imported as filler.

BTW, Cheetor was not a dick. In fact, he was the best character on the show. (in fact, the only one that was unaffected by the sudden change in gears)

18. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    While all have flaws, I'd say RID was the worst for me.

19. JesterJJZ

JesterJJZ DM.net Stooge

The current show is an abomination...I simply pretend it doesn't exist...

20. lightdestroyed

lightdestroyed Stronger than all!

Anything 'Beast' related.