The "show off your Busou Shinkis" thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by LoC Soundwave, Jul 19, 2007.

?

Was getting a Busou Shinki as fun as you expected?

1. YES

9 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. NO

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. SORT OF

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. MEH

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Techmouse45

Techmouse45 New Member

Shinki Mods

I've been pondering the use of Bandai 1/144th scale kits as a base to work from for making different Shinki armor. From what I've seen and built in the past, I'd say the GM line looks slim/small enough to start with. Plus, while detailed, they're not over-detailed and adding detail is always easier than removing it.

Most of the other Federation/Zeon suits look to be too wide in the chest area to use without serious modding. And the Armored Core weapon sets would also make for easier weapon mods, instead of trying to make something anime-ish from scratch.

I noticed in a FAR earlier post someone used standard Isopryl Alcohol as a paint remover. How well did this work? Did it craze/affect the plastic in any way? I beg forgiveness if I'm re-asking questions which have already been dealt with, but with 490+ pages of posts, it's easier to ask instead of trying to read them all (which I tried...got to 100...I'll finish 'em all sometime later).

And as I said earlier, I do have a Waffebunny set I'm willing to trade for. If you've any unbuilt GM kits, Armored Core weapon sets, let me know. I'm letting her go for the equivalent of what I originally paid for the set, around $20 US dollars. No price gouging here. I actually saw a set going for 50-60 dollars on eBay a while back...oy.

Also, does anyone here do sculpting? I see all manner of cat, dog, bunny, etc Shinki designs, but I'd really like to see a mouse variant. Along with some non-weapon extras like, oh...round large framed glasses?

Hopefully this weekend I'll be doing some more Shinki-shopping. Looking for the new Zelgograd (sp) set. Also perhaps a couple of the Skygirls for use as bodies for Waffebunny and Fort Bragg. After that, I'll be doing some model bashing for a Shinki style Gundam Girl set of GM armor. Sadly, the SD/BB Gundam models heads are far too big for them, so I'll most likely do some type of tiara antennae for the outfit. And yes, no worries, pics will be forthcoming when all is done.

I fear for my Powered GM kit though. It's here...available...and Strarf is whispering in my ear how cool it'd look as a battle suit for a Shinki...

2. ShadowDragon

ShadowDragon R to the D to the D yo.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
    Alcohol doesn't have any effects on the plastic. Granted you don't need to leave it in there all that long. Within 30 seconds or so it's able to rub off on your fingers. I disassemble the shinki and then use a toothbrush to make sure it's all off. Some of the additional paint (anything over the base paint) does require a lot of work to come off though.

And, I just got off the phone with Network Solutions about their deceptive practices and trying to get me to pay 4x the amount my hosting provider charges for a simple domain registration and got them to remove the hold...

So here it is guys & gals: http://www.BusouShinkiWorld.com/ the domain isn't case sensitive so http://www.busoushinkiworld.com/ works too if you needed to know for any reason.

ChaosIncarnate is currently working on the design portion and from what I've seen it's going to look great. He's taking cues from both shinki-net & battle rondo.

3. Skywave

Skywave Transformers Noob

Great for the forum, I just registered :) 

4. MechaBouncer

MechaBouncer Will devastate for food

Wow oh wow. Look how much I've missed in a few short days. >_<

First off, BusouShinkiWorld.com is an excellent domain name choice. Especially since you already called TFW2005 by that name in your comic. Maybe now that there will be a dedicated Shinki forum, I can go away for a weekend without missing everything. :lol 

Well I just signed up over there. Now I just need to figure out where to post. :lol 

In other news, tracking shows Euk left New York last Friday. I'm hoping she'll be arriving by tomorrow. She's a little late for my birthday, but I'll just be happy when she's here. :D 

5. Techmouse45

Techmouse45 New Member

Thanks for the info on the alcohol as a paint stripper. Not as toxic as some I've used/heard of in my past...albeit a wee bit more flammable. Just means a bit more caution and lots of open windows.

Also just registered on the new Shinki forums as well. I'll also hang about here for a bit longer to see how the Shinkis hold out.

6. Tarage

Tarage Active Member

In reguards to the forum, perhaps we could also have a section for 'upcoming Shinki'. I don't know if I'm alone in this, but trying to find the few pictures amongst this ever growing thread is a chalange. It'd be nice if I could oggle along with you guys when you talk about the upcoming figure releases... >_>

7. Deviant Anomaly

Deviant Anomaly Obsotted Fangirl

I planned on it, unless someone objects. :) 

8. Ripclaw

Ripclaw DementedDino1

I OBJECT!!!

jk

but i still want a shinki >.<

9. Sword

Sword Shinki cultist

This would be a very good time to restart the tally (as we weren't really sure it was correct anymore) -- just have everyone list what they have once and go from there.

More work though.

10. puppylove

puppylove mini ops caretaker

News Credits:
    awesome! a forum!! i leave for 3 days and pow! :D  i just registered... now i just need activation! yay! thanks!!

11. machinegeist

machinegeist Victory not Vengeance

Loks like things are going nicely, and I'm with Sword on the reset of the tally, though it will mean more work we can actually get acurate numbers this time.

How was Botcon puppylove? accomplish anything on your list?

12. ShadowDragon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
    The way I see it we can have an "Upcoming Figure A" "Upcoming Figure B", etc as stickies, then when they are released I change the topic name and unsticky them.

Restarting might be a good idea, I can also create a multiple-choice poll that allows re-voting. That is if DA thinks that would be better than the list.

It looks like you got it, but if anyone has problems getting the confirmation e-mail to activate yourself just let me know.

13. puppylove

puppylove mini ops caretaker

News Credits:
    i got most of my list, and awesome extras! :D 

i also met a dealer that lives in japan, and got his e-mail. so i will try & see if he can find any of the shinkis only available in japan! i will update when i know more about all that...

14. Cerberus

Cerberus Shockwave loyalist

News Credits:
    hop registred on the forum,

15. Chaos Incarnate

Chaos Incarnate Not just a name.

News Credits:
    Yeah, it looks like the board is set up to keep a total tally of Shinki and MMS figures, but not an individual count.

16. Whipwreck

Whipwreck Member

Got registered at the new place

17. ShadowDragon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
    Yeah but creating a poll isn't hard at all.

18. machinegeist

machinegeist Victory not Vengeance

AWESOME!!:rock  I'm hoping to go next year with the wife, though she told me after that its time to start making a baby.:eek: 

and cool with dealer, hope it goes well:bay 

19. ShadowDragon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
    Okay, for those that registered before the domain went live. If you can't login clear your cache and try again, there were some changes to the cookie made and at least one person wasn't able to log in because of it.

20. Suture

Suture Medic

Went over to the new site and registered as Suture, figured I'd better keep the same name in the transfer. I'll end up posting there sometime in the next couple of days or so, gotta run off to work soon. :D