The "show off your Busou Shinkis" thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by LoC Soundwave, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Caterwaul

Caterwaul Busou Shinki Loremaster

Busou Shinki page has updated a bit. Check out the art for the Feb releases on the new banner. (http://www.busou.konami.jp/imgs/ban_busou_top.jpg)

http://www.konamistyle.jp/customfactory/bm2dx_fig2/index.html
    Look a bit familiar to a certain Santa's helper? There's a reason for it. Check out the artist. Same designer.

Well, I suspect they're not 100% correct, so I wouldnt take them as gospel 'truth' so to speak, but I think I've got the overall gist of them correct. As for Arnval, I'm suspecting there's a bit of archetypical baggage involved in 'Honor Student' that doesnt carry over with English. I have a BIT of an idea of what that is, but not enough to be comfortable changing it to something that might match an English stereotype a bit closer.

From what I saw, it's mostly the addition of a few parts. Nothing a hobby knife cant remove. Mwa-hahahaha.

I'm posting a few more later today.

2. Sword

Sword Shinki cultist

Konami's also making a little Tsugaru prize figure. No details yet but it looks pretty good, so i probably will be getting that one.

Edit: And Play-Asia fixed the typo, so Vitulus is $19. You can get Vitulus + Tigris for $38, which is a f^king steal if i do say so myself.
    Unfortunately for my wallet, they also have quite a few other bargains i'm interested in =3

3. Sycia

Sycia Draconian Faction

Yeps! :D  I never knew of DICE before yesterday, but the toys were too cool to pass up.

:D  I think Howling's one looks cooler, but I'll save that till when I've got more time. I hope with more play the joint loosens, because it wasn't this tight when I first got her. o_O  Very odd.

Awww ><; I was considering the oil too, but am afraid the plastic might get traumatized.

The vehicle/ dino thingie is a Dinobreaker toy from the D.I.C.E toyline by Bandai (TakaraTomy's new rival?). Not familiar with the animated series, but the figures and transforming dinos/ vehicles are sold separately. Some of the vehicles are pretty cool, but their articulation ain't so hot.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If you're having trouble finding it there, just drop me a PM and I could send whatever you want over (I've got more faith in delivery between our countries than to the US XD).

Now, here's the really odd bit; When Mao came, her knee joint wasn't this tight. I've only left her sitting around for a month and that joint gets insanely tighter. o_O  Wha...?

4. Resuko

Resuko Shinki Fan :)

My Howling is doing the opposite, her upper body won't stay up! its extremely loose and the arms are really tight, maybe its just the way they were made?

5. Eric

Eric Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ah man, I remember that toyline! Never made good sales, though. The show was craptastic, too.

6. Sycia

Sycia Draconian Faction

My Howling is wearing her joints down, obeying the typical laws of physics and such, but Mao-chan is.... odd. Perhaps those joints need more exercise ><

I was never a fan of sentai or gattai sort of shows, so probably wouldn't have caught the show if it showed here. Hehe. I thought the designs of 2 of their toys were pretty decent though!

7. Caterwaul

You didnt miss ANYTHING with the show. Trust me on this. It was HORRID.

8. spacelion

spacelion smokin' hot

when was this made? i remember one of the SD Gundams had a Horse <-> motorcycle whose transformation is exactly the same as the motoraptor ...

edit: sorry, it is actually the recent Lu Bu SD Gundam that has a Horse Motorcycle in it :D 

9. machinegeist

machinegeist Victory not Vengeance

yay my Yda and Ach arrived !!!! WOOT!

10. jushin20

jushin20 ROBOT

Plamoo's "what's this? 6" has the MMS Sky Girls in it. hahaha

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  11. Caterwaul

I meant to post these last night, but something came up.

My loose, and probably horrible inaccurate translation of some Bio stuff. Anyone who wants to correct me feel more then welcome. (Howling's weapon name, especially.)

http://www.shinki-net.konami.jp/battlerondo/chara/data_06.html
    VLBNY1 Waffebunny
    Type: Rabbit (RBT) VLBNY1
    Creator: Kasahara Tetsuro (http://www.din.or.jp/~te2/)
    Manufacturer: Vulcan Lab
    Combat Style: Special Operations
    LP 3; Attack 3; Accuracy 6;
    Dodge 4; Defense 1; SP 1;
    Armament
    2 x Haagtan Army Blades
    1 x P12 Karotte Pistol
    1 x Karotte TMP
    1 x STR6 Minigun
    Notes
    A highly versatile Shinki, Waffebunny can adapt to various circumstances due to her wide variety of gear such as lightweight armor and rear thrusters. Her skill with firearms, combined with her head scope, makes her marksmanship one of the highest among all Shinkis.

In battle, Waffebunny shows a cool and level headed ‘Victory above all” personality, but her everyday character is that of the helpful older sister. Follows a philosophy of ‘what’s done is done’, but is troubled by those who ignore everyday matters.

AI Tactical Considerations
    Tends not to settle on any particular course until after coolly judging the situation, but she can lack flexibility.

http://www.shinki-net.konami.jp/battlerondo/chara/data_04.html
    KT36D1 Howling
    Type: Dog (DOG)
    Creator: Blade
    Manufacturer: Kemotech
    Combat Style: All Range Assault Type
    LP 5; Attack 3; Accuracy 3;
    Dodge 3; Defense 4; SP 1;
    Armament
    5 x Dog-Type Petit Machines
    2 x Jutte
    2 x Thorn Rings
    1 x Horai Ichishiki Cannon (Barking Leprosy First System?)
    (吠莱壱式「ほうらい・いちしき」)
    Notes
    With her knuckles for short ranges, her cannon for long ranges, and the ability to pursue targets with her Petit Machines, Howling is able to inflict heavy damage at all distances. While her armor plating, which consists of both chest and arm pieces, restricts her weapon mobility, it also gives her a defense ability to be proud of.

Howling’s one track mind conceals a fierce fighting spirit. Any difficulty can be overcome with a yell and willpower. While she is very obedient to her owner, there is a childish part of her that likes to be praised.

Looks at the situation to determine how she should act if it’s possible, but in her rush to finish off her opponents she can make mistakes.

http://www.shinki-net.konami.jp/battlerondo/chara/data_05.html
    KT36C1 Maochao
    Type: Cat (CAT)
    Creator: Blade
    Manufacturer: Kemotech
    Combat Style: Specialized Close Combat Type
    LP 3; Attack 4; Accuracy 3;
    Dodge 3; Defense 4; SP 3;
    Armament
    5 x Cat-Type Petit Machines
    2 x Yán Zhua ‘Knuckles’ (“Sharpened Claws”)
    1 x Fáng Bì Shield (“Protective Wall”)
    1 x Xuán Yá Drill (“Revolving Fang”)
    Notes
    A close combat Shinki, Maochao is specialized in the use of drill, claws, and fists. Additionally, her Petit Machines allow her to chase opponents who manage to break away from melee. Even though her overall versatility is low, she is said to be an easy Shinki for beginners to use because her armor plating and weapons are dedicated to hand to hand fighting.

Maochao is filled with a lovable and excitable innocence, and feels everything is ok so long as you look forward to it. When excited she often makes inappropriate remarks, however this is just childish selfishness and there is no bad-will intended.

Doesn’t consider them at all, her ideas come at the spur of the moment.

12. DilaZirK

DilaZirK Is bullheaded.

News Credits:
    From what little I know of Jap, both languages work very differently.

D.I.C.E. huh? Looks nice, but the lack of articulation is bleh. Still, very tempting to have something for the Shinkis to ride on...

As for Mao...odd indeed.

Added!

Huh, doesn't seem as well done as the last few in terms of frame rate. Still awesome though.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  13. Eric

Eric Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So Maochao's the brash, young, catgirl?

SWEET. :D 

14. ShadowDragon

ShadowDragon R to the D to the D yo.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    And yet, out of Arnval, Strarf, Howling and herself she's easily my best Battle Rondo combatant, cause you know... she actually wins. *glares at the other girls*

15. Chaos Incarnate

Chaos Incarnate Not just a name.

News Credits:
    Man, I never get tired of watching Plamoo's stuff. It's really amazing.

16. TimToyGeek

TimToyGeek Well-Known Member

Joining the Cult!

Okay, I've been lurking in this thread long enough, time to join because I just picked up those super cheap Vitulus and Tigris at Play-Asia, thanks for the tip. I've liked these two, and that price is too good to pass up.

So I've joined the Shinki cult. Pass the Flavor-Aid and start up the "one of us" chants.

I blame Hasbro and their delay in shipping out Animated toys, coupled with a little bit of extra money, but I just can't pass up a deal like that.

So, for those who have Tigris and Vitulus, any thoughts on these being a TF collector's first foray into Shinki? How is the combined mode? And what does all their gear do?

Tim
    "toy geek"

17. Chaos Incarnate

Chaos Incarnate Not just a name.

News Credits:
    One of us!

One of us!

One of us!

Anyhow, I don't have Tigris or Vitulus, but I have found these figures to be really well made stuff. But be warned, they have minds of their own!

I was working on the next installment of my comic, when Arnval walked up and demanded to be photographed. So I did.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. ShadowDragon

ShadowDragon R to the D to the D yo.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Let us see if I can make Dilla's head explode from cuteness for getting me and my wallet into this cult. :tongue: 

[​IMG]
    Ball!

[​IMG]
    MAOCHAO SMASH!

[​IMG]
    You want to play with this one?

[​IMG]
    Can I eat this? Please please please?

[​IMG]
    *glug glug glug* Ah!

[​IMG]
    Attack!