The "show off your Busou Shinkis" thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by LoC Soundwave, Jul 19, 2007.

1. DilaZirK

DilaZirK Is bullheaded.

News Credits:
    ^
    Oh yay!

Will watch said space very closely...

2. Sycia

Sycia Draconian Faction

>< I've been away for too long.

I bought something for Mao-chan this evening. Excuse the awful background of my desk. The item is far bigger than what my white background (aka sheet of paper) could contain.

Vehicle mode:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Flying dino mode:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Standing dino mode:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Side note:
    Magna Stampede approves not being the primary mode of transport here. :þ

Bought a different one for Hao Ling. Will be taking them pictures soon! :D 

ALSO! One of Mao-chan's knee joints is INSANELY tight. Any way to loosen it up? I'm afraid I might break her leg one of these days D:

3. Caterwaul

Caterwaul Busou Shinki Loremaster

As a bit of a project for myself, I'm trying to learn how to read Japanese. I doubt I'll ever be fluent, but I'm hoping to be able to read it well enough that I can make do with a dictionary. :D 

In any case, I decided to try my hand at translating the various data bits on shinki net and a couple other bits,making a nice whole. Anyone who reads Japanese want to spot check? I'm going for a more 'natural' English sounding entry and a strict, literal translation.

http://www.shinki-net.konami.jp/battlerondo/chara/data_01.html
    FL-012 Arnval
    Type: Angel (AGL)
    Creator: Shimada Fumikane (http://www.ne.jp/asahi/humikane/e-wacs/)
    Manufacturer: Front Line
    Combat Style: High Mobility Shooting Type
    LP 1; Attack 2; Accuracy 4;
    Dodge 5; Defense 1; SP 3;
    Armament
    2 x M4 Light Sabers
    1 x Alvo LP4 Handgun
    1 x Alvo PDW9 Machine Gun
    1 x GE Model LC3 Laser Rifle
    Notes
    This Shinki utilizes her rear wing and boosters to engage in high mobility combat. Equipped with a wide variety of firearms, including handguns and a high powered laser rifle, she uses her mobility to control the battle.

Arval’s personality is modeled after the honor student who handles everything without flaw. However, she lacks initiative and tends to become fixated on certain actions despite the odds of it winning the fight. She is a good person, who usually treats everyone politely, but can have a tendency to nag messy owners.

AI Tactical Considerations
    She tends to obey the instructions she has previously been given, but will also respond with flexibility to suit the current battle.

http://www.shinki-net.konami.jp/battlerondo/chara/data_02.html
    (I had lots of trouble with this one)
    FL-013 Strarf
    Type: Devil (DVL)
    Creator: Shimada Fumikane (http://www.ne.jp/asahi/humikane/e-wacs/)
    Manufacturer: Front Line
    Combat Style: Heavily Armed Close Combat Type
    LP 3; Attack 5; Accuracy 1;
    Dodge 1; Defense 5; SP 1;
    Armament
    2 x Angle Blades
    2 x GA4 “Chiguru" Arm Parts
    2 x Fürst グフロートゥ Blades (gufuROto)
    2 x Fürst Krain Blades
    1 x Model PHC Handgun ヴズルイフ (bavuruifu)
    1 x Schram RV Grenade Launcher
    Notes
    Built with oversized arms and legs for grappling, Strarf’s design also incorporates many blades to better match her Devil-Type motif. A single blow from her large arms is easily able to sweep aside an opponent. Additionally, her armored frame also greatly increases her attack strength.

Strarf is extremely curious, but also rather moody. Her actions are self centered, and she always gets involved in trouble. In truth she is someone who easily gets lonely, ? , but likes to be mean to her opponents.

Tends not to think about any particular advantages or disadvantages in combat, but rather about what would make the fight more enjoyable.

http://www.shinki-net.konami.jp/battlerondo/chara/data_03.html
    NJA Fubuki
    Type: Ninja G06NJ1
    Creator: Unknown
    Manufacturer: Group K2
    Combat Style: Lightly Armored Evasion Type
    LP 1; Attack 1; Accuracy 5;
    Dodge 5; Defense 1; SP 3;
    Armament
    Various
    Notes
    Restricted to light armaments, this Shinki demonstrates ability under special environments such as underwater and in Low Class matches. Fubuki proudly fights in the ‘ninja’ way, avoiding the enemy attacks and striking precisely. Additionally, her skill growth is high allowing her to master a wide variety of skills.

Fubuki has a serious personality and carries out the instructions given to her in silence. Not self assertive, she has a dislike of showing emotions so her facial expressions do not change very often, however in a casual environment she starts to show her emotions little by little.

Unexpectedly stubborn, there exists a strong will to fight with her weapons.

4. jushin20

jushin20 ROBOT

My YDA came in the mail sometime last week. These came in today!!!

[​IMG]

5. Tarugoman

Tarugoman Mad Shinki Collector

Ebay:
    Whaaat!!!! You got 'em already???? You lucky Devil!!!!
    I ordered from from hobby search, when I initially pre-ordered my credit card was accepted, when the items became available, :mad  Bl%dy verisign is now rejecting it. Now my order is on hold:banghead: . :( . Anybody got a similar experience with hobby search, if you do what was the outcome?

6. Resuko

Resuko Shinki Fan :)

aw lucky! I am one of the few people would buy them for who they are and not their bodies, but they do look awesome :O

7. spacelion

spacelion smokin' hot

mine were shipped too. the difference , i believe, is that yours were EMS while mine are always SAL.

8. xeno-san

xeno-san creepy doll maker

@Chaos Incarnate- More shinki comics!!

@Sycia- that one the dice dino thingy right? XD Cool!

Oh are gonna add some more?

9. Phy

Phy I want... ROOM SERVICE!!

News Credits:
    Shinki Cultist comments easily taken out of context #127...

10. machinegeist

machinegeist Victory not Vengeance

I giggled at that.

11. puppylove

puppylove mini ops caretaker

News Credits:
    wow!!! lucky little mao!! i can't wait to see howling's! hm, i know i've tighten some of my TF's joints with a screwdriver...**goes to look at shinki** it looks like some sort of pin joint, maybe they smashed it to tightly when they did yours. i am not sure how you would loosen it...

i wanted them because i actually like that anime quite a bit...i hope they arrive here soon!! your pics makes me wish they were here already!!!

12. Signal Lancer

Signal Lancer Brave Soldier of Justice

News Credits:
    My Sky Girls showed up today too. (Would have been yesterday, but our carriers seem to try and deliver when no one is home.) I didn't get them for parts either, though they might borrow some from the shinkis since they don't have Sonic Divers...

13. jushin20

jushin20 ROBOT

You're not the only one. I actually like the show and pre-ordered the other two girls. I don't think they are completely compatible with the shinki's. The bodies are a bit different.

14. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

HLJ has had mine 'processing for shipment' for two weeks now. But I hope to get mine soon too. I already have naked figs thanks to Tony, so I just wanted the three Sky Girls. Okay show, and really I'm not that into em, but I know if I am later and then want em later, it'll be a real expensive pain to find em, so better to grab em now.

Didn't think of the blanks idea though. That's a good one. Might be time to grab more.

15. Resuko

Resuko Shinki Fan :)

W00t! My Yda is ready to ship!~<3 *sits by mailbox obediently*[​IMG]

16. Phy

Phy I want... ROOM SERVICE!!

News Credits:
    Sycia, the knee joint is a rivet, so it can't be loosened. Maybe you could use some penetrating oil or WD-40? (Does anyone know if those are safe to use with whatever plastic Shinkis are made from? It's probably a hard ABS but I can't say for sure.)

17. Sword

Sword Shinki cultist

18. Tarugoman

Tarugoman Mad Shinki Collector

Ebay:
    Thats it! I cancelled my orders with Hobby Search, this may be the last time they see my backside:deadhorse: . I just re-ordered all the Sky Girls on HLJ which I should have done in the first place:sly2: . Those are very nice figures, do they have the overhang on thier derrieres? like on the anime.

19. DilaZirK

DilaZirK Is bullheaded.

News Credits:
    :eek:  Wow! That is mad coolness! What is it? I must know!!

As for tightness...well, my Mao's right fist was a really tight fit when I first got her, made it a real pain to switch her hands, had to be careful with it.

Fast forward a year of constant fiddling with Mao: It's now a loose fit.

I'd wager the same would go for your Mao as well. I'm now more worried about how to get it all tight again. (I has Future Floor Finish waiting to be used...)

I'd probably want to pick up Jap as a fourth language as well, mostly because a large portion of my entertainment comes from there, and it sucks not knowing how to read it...

Thanks for taking the time to make sense of the bios! Some nice bits of info there. Arnval = Honour student? ...I suppose she is an angel.

...do I add these to the count?

...if I do, I'd have to add Yoko to the count as well, which was something I neglected to do...

...*Kmmf* *Pfft* DAHAHAHAHAHAH! :lolol  Oh man, I did not notice that at all.

20. spacelion

spacelion smokin' hot

just wanted to point out that for a majority of us Malaysians, knowing 3 languages is part and parcel of life. that does not include dialects like Cantonese and Hokkien.

just curious though ... is Japanese and Mandarin grammar alike?