The "Season 5" version of the 86 Movie

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by ObscureEuroExclusive, May 30, 2020.

1. ObscureEuroExclusive

ObscureEuroExclusive New Member

Apologies if this has been discussed recently. Has anyone here ever seen the Five-part version of the film that aired on TV in the 80s with the added intros etc.? I'm interested to know how censored it was (death scenes etc.). It raises interesting questions about what could be allowed on syndicated television.

2. walruslaw

walruslaw video archivist

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Here you go i uploaded the complete series to my site many years ago. I doesn't shy away from much as they had alot of airtime to fill. Prime does try to reassure Tommy that he does get better tho. TFRaw Generation 1 Season 5

• Like Like x 3
  3. Markatron

Markatron MarKreations Studios

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    That has the whole season 5?

4. REMINATOR

REMINATOR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's your website? Totally cool website man! I really enjoy those Japanese booklet arts, media section of yours back then. Totally forgot about the website when I lost my bookmark links.

• Like Like x 1
  5. walruslaw

walruslaw video archivist

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Thanks man, If you haven't visited in a while i've added quite a bit in the past few weeks since the lockdown started as i've had alot of free time.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Greebtron

Greebtron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I do wonder about the choice of episodes for this season. "There are 20 slots, so we're gonna hit the key story episodes: MTMTE, The Movie, FFOD, Dark Awakening, Return Of Optimus Prime and Rebirth. We've got one slot left, lets give it to............................Surprise Party."

• Like Like x 1
  7. Swerve

Swerve Well-Known Member

I don't know, I think Sunbow / Marvel Productions thought rather more highly of "Surprise Party" than most fans do; they didn't akominate it, for one thing- in fact, if I remember rightly, the animation's actually rather good by Season Three standards, and they also used a lot of clips from it for their "Secret Files" section on Ultra Magnus; so perhaps it was picked for being a decently animated episode, to counterbalance "Five Faces of Darkness" and "Dark Awakening", six episodes with damn good story, but animation which is... slightly flawed in one or two places.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

So wait. I guess I never realized. "Rebirth" did air again, as a part of season 5? I didn't know that. I saw all three parts when they premiered in 1987. But little six year old me didn't know that day that a new episode was going to be airing. Or else I would've recorded it (on VHS). I did record the remaining second and third parts, which I re-watched to death. But it wasn't until something like August of 1997 that I finally saw the first part again, when it aired on Sci-Fi channel (as it was spelled at that time).