The rumored use of the Omega Lock

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by QLRformer, Oct 17, 2016.

1. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    It's been rumored that in TLK Stonehenge is the site of the Omega Lock, a device seen in TFP that can cyberform (Cybertronian terraforming) different worlds, or in this case Earth, making it into a new Cybertron and rejuvenating the Transformers race.

There's no way to confirm its use, or how it can be operated. But I think it's fair to say that if Sentinel Prime or Cemetery Wind had found the Omega Lock their own plans would be rather unneccesary; Sentinel wouldn't need to waste time with enslaving Earth and shipping Cybertron, and Harold Attinger wouldn't deal with Lockdown for the Seed. (Sentinel Prime would have greater use of such a device rather than Attinger, who just wanted a robot army to improve his reputation)

While each film has had a separate plan involving a separate MacGuffin, at least the first film and ROTF had a connection with the Allspark cube being destroyed and the solar harvester being used to refuel the cube.
    DOTM and AOE used a separate plan that involved humans gaining from siding with Decepticons and attacking Autobots, and not looking/caring beyond the short-term. (How is Sentinel supposed to rebuild his world? How is the Seed supposed to be used if only once?)

I hope that this plot device can be put to use beyond its own film, for instance:
    - it's used to create new Transformers who can appear in future films
    - it turns part of the Earth 's territory into Cybertronian land, which makes it a separate domain and enables humans to have adventures on Cybertronian territory.

• Like Like x 1
  2. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    As long as Earth isn't Unicron, I'm cool.

• Like Like x 3
  3. neevnav

neevnav The Flying Dutchman

News Credits:
    Yeah, that was definitely one of the major mis-steps in Prime. I really didn't like that at all.

4. TFFan01

TFFan01 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The concept was kinda neat imo, Primus' children are Transformers and Unicron's children are humans (kinda), which makes both races cousins, sort of.

Though I don't think I would want to see this concept in the movie.

5. Jazzmustlive123

Jazzmustlive123 jazz died thinking he's the coolest

I think if they plan to have a real tcu they wouldn't just destroy a major device in the tf lore in the first movie it's introduced.

6. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan The Sept of Kaon

News Credits:
    Yeah i liked it too actually.

Each to their own i guess!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hazekiah

Hazekiah Banned

News Credits:
    I liked it too and thought it was a great idea.

Its only real shortcoming was that Unicron could obviously never really transform. Should've made him Earth's second moon or some shit.

:-\

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
    • Like Like x 1