The royal baby!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jaegertron, Jul 22, 2013.

1. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    They just happen to be obscenely rich, so I'm going to hazard a guess and say a 'culture of envy' has got to be contributing. On the whole they act responsibly and use their influence (a shadow of it's former self) for positive action in the UK.,o

Comparing the Royal Family to Kim Kardashian or any of these other wannabe celebs is ludicrous. None of them courts celebrity like those 'celebs', their claim to fame is the fact that they won the lottery at birth, or married into it. Do I resent any of them for that? Why should I? If you're happy with your lot in life then I can't see how the Royal Family affe ts you negatively.

If you're not happy, if you're not content with your life, it's easy to let jealousy villify them. The closest 'celeb' the royal family can be compared to is Paris Hilton. She was born into staggering wealth, except in her case by acting like an idiot she's lost that inheritance.

By the way, there's a hell of a lot of bad manners in here. It's ok to come into thread and bash the Royals, 'close this thread!', ' I don't care!' But it's not OK to voice my thoughts about Cory whathisface who died of an overdose?

Seriously? I can be a fucker too.

Ok then. Cory Smackhead Whatshisface died because he was a weak willed human being who couldn't cope with his 'demons', assuming of course that becoming rich and famous and being paid obscene amounts of money for using his talent can be called 'demons'. When people come around crying and wailing that one of the actors on their favourite show Glee died, I couldn't really give a shit.

Oh yeah.

[​IMG]

I have a Takara MP Soundwave, because I'm rich, and you don't because you're poor.

I hope I've pissed off some people here, that was my intent. The level of hypocrisy and bad manners in this thread is staggering and quite frankly offensive to me.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
  2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    You missed an opportunity to flip off people subtly using your MP Soundwave picture. B-

3. AutobotJazz1

AutobotJazz1 The best there is...

Wow, I don't care about this baby. Just imagine when Kanye and Kim's baby come out.

4. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Veteran

News Credits:
    Funny thing is, I just heard the comparison on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno. He made a joke of it.

This is true. But what about the people who genuinely don't care about celeb gossip or, just celebs in general? Its great that they had a baby. Ok, its cool that he's the heir to the throne, but I honestly don't see how this affects me in a manner that should make me care about it so much as others do. Others feel the same too, but I think "others" expressed their feelings in a more belligerent manner. But....that's how they feel about it. Just like how you feel about....what's his name again?

Oh yeah, that's the guy. Honestly when he passed, I saw it in the news. I didn't even know who he was until the media reported it. And even then.....all I could think of was....he supposedly stopped doing drugs/was in rehab to stop doing drugs. He died taking them. Irony.

Oh...well....I'm sure you've achieved your goal to some measure. BTW, I have a takara SW too. Nice figure isn't he? :D 

5. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Veteran

News Credits:
    There will be those who care about it, and those who don't. And among those who don't, will be those who are sick and tired of hearing about it.

6. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It did. They named it North. weehoo.

7. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    If you watch his face for a few seconds Soundrage does flip people off Cybertronian style.

Just saying you don't care about the Royal Family is one thing, and I can resepct that. But to go all the other way to the other side and outright villify them is another thing entirely.

Sure in the UK there are going to be Republicans, but I guarantee you, no matter how much noise they make they are massively outnumbered by staunch Royalists and those (like me) that just like having them around.

Look at the Olympics, putting in the Queen and James Bond in the opening ceremony hit the right note with us. Both represent a fundemental part of British culture. The Queens Diamond Jubilee was a hit here in all sense of the word. The wedding of William and Kate was a big event. Every straight man oogled Pippa Middletons bum.

I think whats really got my goat about all this is with a lot of TFW's membership 'it's not OK for others to express negative opinions about certain subjects, but it's alright for me to'. Soundwave is an absolutely prime example of this. The sense of anger and self entitlement he's garnered is ludicrous.

And bear in mind, HE'S NOT SLATED FOR GENERAL RELEASE UNTIL AUGUST. All this whining and moaning might all be for nothing. Once he properly touches down get your ass to TRU and pick one up, simples. Sure you'll have to outrace a scalper, but the best way to beat a scalper isn't to 'not pay his exorbitant prices' but to race his fat ass to the toy aisle and get what you want before him. Can't outspeed him? Better lose some weight yourself then man.

There is no negative aspect to this Royal baby. There isn't. My wife miscarried our first child. A close friend of mine's wife miscarried her twins just short of 6 months into pregnancy. When it's broken down it boils down to a couple in love have successfully given birth to a child.

People can just say 'I'm happy for William and Kate.' While I couldn't give a rats ass about Kim Kardashian, once she gives birth (if she hasn't already, I thought she had) I can honestly say I am happy for her. Anything after that is other people's business.

Having said that I had to laugh a little this morning. Like most clearer minded people in the UK the overwhelming coverage of this is frankly stupid. However, it did have this little nugget, William, Kate and Junior will live in Williams Kensington Palace apartments to raise this child.

Which means the cottage they have in Wales close to Williams duty placement will presumably become their holiday house, man it must be nice to be that rich. But here's the rub, I'm happy for them being rich. I don't resent them. I don't covet what they have. I don't wish them ill will for any of it. I have a friend who became an investment banker. He made an obscene amount of money, married a Doctor and has effectively retired at the age of 35. Do I resent him? No, I'm genuinely happy for him.

Turns out this view isn't common, as a lot of his other friends from School and University do resent him and he had to cut ties.

But I don't know why I should bother. This is the internet after all, anonimity gives people the option to be rudely vocal about their dislikes. Maybe I should just join in?

I have an MP-10 Optimus Prime because I like being rich. Get away from me you smelly poor person. Ew.

:rolleyes: 

Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
  8. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    At least in a week's time the media will have probably moved onto something else to obsess over. There's gotta be more celebrity paedos still left in the world to out, yes?

9. galvatron1701

galvatron1701 cassette

Lol.

10. AutobotJazz1

AutobotJazz1 The best there is...

Meh, its always a problem with Kanye. Seriously, North?

11. Swoop

Swoop Well-Known Member

Nothing says 'I don't care about the royal baby' more than an 11 page thread or several people making more than one post how little they care.

12. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

^

I was thinking of the same thing.

13. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Kuphead

News Credits:
    TFW2005, you entertain me so.

:popcorn 

But seriously though, congrats to those two.

14. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    lmao, true.

I am sick of seeing it on the tv all the time and it doesn't interest me but I won't stoop as low as some of the arrogant and pompous bullshit spewed in this thread. Compared to some of the utter dross that is posted in this subform I'm shocked that this causes such a fuss.

15. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    So true.

Aernoroth and tikgnat posted some good points, though. So much crap otherwise though. Congrats to the royal couple, I say! A baby is always something to celebrate.

16. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just like to know out of curiosity did they gave their baby a name by now?

17. Mr Grimm

Mr Grimm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good for you, champ. I'm thrilled to fucking bits that you decided to share that!

18. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

Yes, congrats to the prince for having my baby.

19. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

I feel sorry for the baby already! Talk about being hated before you're even born!!

20. Jaegertron

Jaegertron Banned

Looks like we got an angry British person on our hands! And I don't know why, the birth of the royal baby should be a joyous occasion over there!