The royal baby!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jaegertron, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Well said. The only reason why I am even tolerating the news is because Kate Middleton is such a gorgeous beauty. Otherwise I couldn't cared less.

2. Delta One

Delta One Banned

Quoted for truth.

3. rattrap007

rattrap007 one with the Force TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'll quote Carl Castle from this weeks Wait Wait Don't Tell Me on the subject:

"Babies are born every minute. Get a damn life people.."

Sorry I don't care one bit about some baby being born. I don't care if the family is royalty or famous. It is not a big deal. It is a damn baby. There are millions of them on earth right now.

4. AAarcher221

AAarcher221 NomDePlume: Jimmy Rustler

Unless the baby is the spawn of Satan.

5. OOSnake

OOSnake Well-Known Member

I slept through the royal wedding, and don't care about this birth. I'll give a damn in 60 years when he's crowned.

6. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  7. gregles

gregles quintesson

baby born = lightning storm starting

its not a good omen, is it?

Congratulations on a young couple having a baby, but I personally don't really see the big deal or news worthiness of it is as they are not really the proper king and queen of us any more in that they used to rule us like unelected (and very cruel if you peek into history books) dictators a few centuries ago and now they are just like very wealthy versions of minor celebrities or reality tv stars who turn up to minor do's and occasions.

I do on some on occasions find myself respecting prince Charles for being outspoken and meddling in current affairs.

8. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    What makes them so special? They're the current generation of a family line going back hundreds of years and tied closely to british history. Now, granted, this child hasn't really done anything except be born into that family, but being born into it is a part of a position that reflects being a living link to the history of his nation and a role in its identity and cultural development.

Have any of them actual done anything worthwhile? That depends on your definition of "worthwhile", but monarchs and members of the british royal family have (even in the post monarchic era) acted as inspirational leaders and rallying points for their nation in times of trouble, they have served a unique diplomatic role to other states, and almost every member of the family is a patron of numerous charitable causes. That and their very existence generates a shit ton of tourism for the United Kingdom, as it appeals to a large group of people who hold them, as I said above, as living pieces of history and cultural identity, and a key part of a romanticized version of what "Britain" is.

Have any of them worked a day in their life? If you include representing the charitable causes and diplomatic work, along with the ceremonial duties they carry out in british society that I stated above, yes. Aside from that, the British monarch holds a place in British government, and still wields some influence, with an ability to effectively stand in the way of the passing of a motion that, while very rarely used, could dramatically affect the course of affairs of their government and other commonwealth governments. They also hold a similar role as a titular head of the Church of England.

The British Monarchy can be, and have been on numerous instances, a force for good in their nation. The idea that they are somehow more worth condemning than any other celebrity or family of privilege, either due to the attention they receive or their "royal" lineage, seems ludicrous to me.

9. spikebuster

spikebuster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    this please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Jaegertron

Jaegertron Banned

This is why I believe televised events such as the royal birth be made mandatory viewing. Too many people display this type of ignorance and apathy towards something meant to be a celebration. Yes, thousands of babies are born each day, but how many of them are royal babies? This one is, and that is something that doesn't happen too often. If I were in charge, not only would I consider the behavior of many in this thread as rude, but would also seek to persecute you on the grounds of subversive (and perhaps even seditious) behavior.

Well said!

11. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Manditory viewing and celebration? That's just as ludicrous.

Your post history makes me think we shouldn't be taking you that seriously, but I'm sure we'd all like to hear more about how you'd persecute people for not being glowing supporters of a monarch from a state they don't even belong to.

12. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Got for them and all, but I have it absolutely hilarious how the press is treating this like it's the first baby ever born. Guess they need something to fill-up airspace after the Zimmerman trial.

Oh, that's rich, kid. I know a certain youth organization you would shine in, if it were still around that is.

13. AAarcher221

That's like saying people in Madagascar and Somalia have to participate in the US Presidential Elections, and if they don't, will be forced to wear clown shoes and refer to themselves as Maria all because they did not want to partake in something that isn't even required to participate in outside of their country in the first place.

14. Squee

Squee Well-Known Member

I know nothing of the current situation, but inbreeding, no?

Also saw this on fb, and sorry if it was posted already:

[​IMG]

15. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
  16. AAarcher221

17. Stryker055

Stryker055 History Man Extraordinare

If anyone could convince me, a 17 year-old American, why I should be caring about the Royal Family or their child, I will gladly listen.

Until then, I don't care.

18. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    What on Earth is wrong with you? Do you even read what you type?

As someone about twice your age, I must say in agreement...

[​IMG]

Why should anyone outside the UK even care?

19. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

20. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

So is it going to be on the news every time the royal baby takes a royal shit and has to have his royal diaper changed?