The Robotech Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by DeathFrogurt, Jan 16, 2006.

1. backhawkdown

backhawkdown Well-Known Member

Nobody would have any idea whether KC is going to be able to fulfill all of the preorders that etailers took but haven’t been fulfilled yet. If you’re worried and it gives you solace to do so, buy one now from another source that has them in stock. There’s no reason you have to wait for BBTS to get them in.

2. FiVE1ZERO

FiVE1ZERO ***FT Screwdriver Collector ONLY.!***

BBTS will always get their stuff late no matter what. If you really want it now and can accept the loss of your $26 deposit, I highly recommend you PM @G.I.EDDIE as he is trying to get rid of his and work something out. I could be mistaken but his is practically brand new and never transformed. He just opened it to make sure everything was there and was bummed out about the Metallic paint they used.

• Like Like x 3
  3. CyberRat

CyberRat Well-Known Member

You do not need to worry. BBTS will get their stock. They always do. Sometimes sooner. Sometimes later than other stores.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 5
  5. ziltama

ziltama Mods, molds, and casts. Also full of hot gas.

News Credits:
    After fiddling around with God of Flame more, fairly disappointed overall. Too flimsy, too skinny, and too small. For those looking for an 'updated' version of the 1985 figure, this is not it. Not anywhere close.

Finished repairing the LED gun and gluing it back together. Used super glue gel and clamped it together. Scraped off the excess glue after it started to cure but before fully hardening.

The leg armor cannot stay on when transformed into a jet.

I'm having a hard time taking apart the leg armor to access the damn LED switches there. Seriously, covering up the switches makes no sense at all.

One of the missile pegs decided to snap off instead of snapping into a wing port.

Opening the panels for the wheels is also frustrating. I had a 2mm rod in my parts drawer that I used to get the leg wheels out.

Highly not recommended anymore.

• Like Like x 4
  6. glinthos

glinthos doomed hometown

I'm tired of waiting for mine to show up. How much do you want for yours?

7. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    Sorry, mang, but I actually sold it and shipped it out already thanks to @FiVE1ZERO .

• Like Like x 2
  8. FiVE1ZERO

• Like Like x 2
  9. Skrunklemin

Skrunklemin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Even though I wish the red wasn't metallic, I have to admit it has grown on me and I like it for what it is now. Not a G1 Jetfire but a valk/pilot with Jetfire's color scheme (which, to be fair, is what they were selling).

I was already familiar with the fiddly nuance of this mold from other releases and surprisingly this is the best-executed one.

20230208_190649.jpg 20230209_192049.jpg

Last edited: Feb 9, 2023
    • Like Like x 12
  10. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    It's just KitzConcept laying around doing nothing as usual. I ordered Lisa Hayes from BBTS and KC directly and there were months between them on top of both being delayed a year. Their Dana Sterling getting pushed back every month for two years and counting should've been a clue for me to not preorder that Jetfire lookalike. Damn them. I'd say I'll never preorder anything from them again but realistically the only one I still need at all is Rick's VF-1D so fat lot of good that threat would do.

• Like Like x 1
  11. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You can put KC preorders right up there with Super7 preorders in the "delivery estimate accuracy" department. I ordered KC's Regult last year and it was supposed to arrive in December. I haven't seen or heard anything yet. But, I also expected the delay. And, I put my preorder in months before the God of Flame was even announced. So, I'm sure that project pushed the Regult back even farther. Every KC preorder I've ever had was at least several months late.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Although it’s annoying to pay upfront for so long, KC is one company I don’t mind preordering from because they have been making the best Macross character figures we’ve ever had from anywhere in the history of Macross and that’s pretty much all they are good for. Since that amounts to just a handful of figures at this point, it’s not too big a deal for me. I do look forward to seeing how their Regult turns out since it should be much easier to not blunder a simple pod with legs and no transformation. Their customer service is also excellent and they show an obvious passion for what they do even though they aren’t so good at making Valks. Good thing is we have a couple other companies that make some excellent Valks already.

• Like Like x 4
  13. FiVE1ZERO

• Like Like x 1
  14. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Yeah, I have that and it is not very good. Nothing close to the KC figures and mostly a statue with only useable basic arm articulation. Still, nice to have and acceptable considering it is practically home made. I wish Bandai would release their SHF version:
    B41AD320-85B3-4A13-8C70-AD6C53B0DB14.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  15. G.I.EDDIE

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

This is what I had hoped would happen to me, but the more I looked at it the more and more I resented it for not being what I really wanted. I'm glad to hear that the opposite happened for you. You're lucky.

• Like Like x 2
  16. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Super7
    Mezco
    Diamond
    Playmates
    ActionToys
    KitzConcept

• Like Like x 1
  17. Skrunklemin

Skrunklemin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it helped that I got Newage EX Jetfire right around the same time and despite being the toon physical form, the presentation and deco are so gloriously G1 toy Jetfire that it really satisfied that want for me. At least for now lol.

18. G.I.EDDIE

News Credits:
    Yeah, I've got my fingers crossed that some other comp gets to tackle the deco. That or KC does another run in non-metallic red.

19. backhawkdown

backhawkdown Well-Known Member

Agreed. Even for the price it was disappointing. I’ll give them credit as it was basically a fan that made it, but I’d have been happy to pay more for a batter figure.

• Like Like x 1
  20. betsuni

betsuni I'm just here for the robots

News Credits:
    BBTS just sent me an email saying that their stock of God of Flame is coming in soon.

• Like Like x 2