The return of iGear? (Ironhide and Runabout)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Qingtianzhu, May 9, 2017.

1. XOC2008

XOC2008 Wait! I still function!

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I was under the impression Runabout and Runamuck were BOTH Lotuses. Why is Runamuck NOT?

Edit: Nevermind. Upon looking at images of G1 Battlechargers, Runamuck is most definitely not a Lotus.

Either way, I am impressed with what I see. I had an end in sight to my collection but maybe just a couple more....

• Like Like x 2
  2. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have no need for MP size right now.

Not sure if that helps, but that's what I meant. I'm all for people getting what they want.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Hard to say anything about that Ironhide really. Need to see more on it. Not fan of the battle chargers though. It just looks awkward on top of being off. The small heads especially kill it.

4. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it's safe to say that most people are more interested in Runamuck and Runabout than Ironhide.

5. Detroa

Detroa Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I need to see more of that Ironhide but I'm definitely intrigued. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  6. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

Nice. I sold my TFCC Runabout and Runamuck in anticipation of some 3P giving them the MP treatment. :) 

I have missed iGear. I always appreciated their work.

Bring them on. Ironhide is probably a lost cause at this point though if Voodoo robots didn't even make theirs.

7. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    always been different cars :)  runabout is the lotus and runamuck is a pontiac firebird

8. robh

robh Decepticon

they look like cheap KOs at this point. They have to step up their game to compete in today's market.

9. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd like a new mould igear Pipes and Huffer in their chibi style and for them to release Bee/Cliffjumper etc..

I approve of the Battlechargers mainly for the alt modes - but i'd really like the stripes on them both - they'd look so nice with the deco tampoed on.

I think MP collectors are a bit weird wanting cartoon accuracy at the expense of vehicle mode realism - that not only means they are making inferior alt modes to 30 years ago but due to variations between individual episodes sometimes the details change - like somsetimes Starscream's logos are the proper way up.

I still look at MP Prowl and consider him unfinished due to missing details on his vehilcle mode - I really do think the cars deserve a numberplate regardless if they had one on the show or not.

To Me Masterpiece isn't trying to make it look like a cartoon it's making it look good too - that is why so many people go 3rd party with Inferno and Grapple as Takara's one just looks really plain compared to the 3rd party ones - and that is mostly down to the blandness of the deco - the actual toy isn't terrible at al - as you can see with MP Artifire.

But i'm happy to have weird looking or animation style as a thing so long as it's not the only option - sort of like how I like Fansproject stuff but I wouldn't want there stuff to be the only Headmasters - i'm happy to have the variety though and want them to finish making their own (I like them because they are nuts).

I do get a little bored with the whole MP obsession though - I'd rather someone made something neat like Cobra-Optimus Prime _ I like companies having their own style and their own niches to farm - that makes for more interest - I don't think it went down so well when fanstoys went super bland on their version of weirdwold for example - it just looked unfinished.

I'd rather have a hole pack of igear style Minibots - in their G1-toy pseudo Choro-Q look than have a change to something more realistic just for the sake of it - the problem still is raised with what size to make things too some consider some to be to big - others for them to be to small.

So I think a lot of options from a lot of people is not really a bad idea - oh and this Ironhide seems better than the original - If they can make something that is easy to change - not overly flimsy and not covered in scary tabs and bad clearance issues then I'd be much happier.

The Primal look like it was designed by Leonis designer to me. But anyway the Battlechargers look like a way easier change than the X-Transbots ones.

I used to think the same - especially when a "Deluxe car" is so similar to what most Car Transformers over time have been (aside from those that are smaller) - but in the last couple of years i've been slowly chipping away at combiners and their individual robot modes are all around MP car size (except for the ones that are much smaller) so for that reason i'm slowly having the MP car scale grow on me a bit - likewise with he OS KO that people liek Weijiang make too - that is sort of making a new scale.

Besides if you buy something much bigger like MPP-10 then the cars seem suitably titchy next to him - and they scale exceptionally well in vehicle mode with him too.

I still consider things like "Deluxes" to be the main bulk of the Transformer core essence - but MP collecting is OK just like Legion scale collecting is - you just have to have a specific use in mind for how you plan to play or display them... even when that use isn't the intended one.

Last edited: May 9, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  10. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    really hope all three are chug scale. I dont collect MP stuff because of the scale. Shrink them down to CHug scale and Im in for all three ( TWICE )

11. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Biggest clue on these kinds reveals are the hands. The Battlechargers look like they have the standard MP car opening hand whilst Ironhide looks almost Fanstoys individual fingers. Plus that Primal upgrade is for the MP figure I think?

I'd stick my neck out and say no chance of being chug.

12. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

If I have any interest in either, it would be more for Ironhide and Ratchet. Price them right, make them the right size (unlike the oversized official figs,) and show them in a less stick up the ass pose and maybe I'd have some interest.

13. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This warms my biscuits. I was always a fan of their stuff and still have their Cosmos and Seaspray in my collection. I'm hoping they revive in top form.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like that Primal he's what I'd see a modern Comic style Primal being like is he wasn't tiny any longer. or you could even see him as a Pre-Beast Wars version too - It's kinda like what a Transmetal Primal might have looked like if he'd not changed colour and lost all organic traces.

Speaking of Beast Wars - one of these day I hope some one take up the challenge of that Beast Wars stuff shown at Botcon in the distant past - like the griffon Optimus Primal and additional Transmetal Ones like Tigertron and Blackarachnia.

Though I expect someone is going to have a light bulb moment sometime and make a MP grade Transmetal Megatron - I'm CERTAIN that would sell.

• Like Like x 1
  15. OriginalFire

OriginalFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Doesn't anybody remember how crappy iGear was most times. It was another KFC/X-Transbots. Hopefully things will get better though.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Devastator21

Devastator21 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    you can make mp-27 and mp-30 the right size though

17. Nighthawkblack

Nighthawkblack Well-Known Member

I would agree we cant judge on the render as the materials and QC will make or break it. The render does remind me of KFC XTB 539 designs 589?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Were they? I only had the raptors which I liked. Didn't have any of their other stuff. After their Wheelie and Apollyon, I lost interest in X-Transbots. Still tempted by Victory Leo though...

19. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

LOL. I'll bite. In what way do they look like "cheap KOs"? Try to be specific and not use words like shitty or crappy which don't really tell us anything. :D 

20. Devastator21

Devastator21 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    runabout has the same arms and shoulders as ironhide