The Raptoricons Unleashed - New TFCC characters

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by TerraDestroyer, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Mizzinno

Mizzinno Merc With A Mouthplate

News Credits:
    Sweet Primus I love them!

2. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

News Credits:
    Epic work Matt, love these designs!

3. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    So awesome.....

I want toys now!!

4. Darkstone

Darkstone Code of Hero

News Credits:
    Toys! We need toys of those ASAP!

5. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Boo! Feathers (and science) now ruined dinobots... erm, dino-cons too. :( 
    But joke aside, nice designs. I'd accept toys of them. Maybe retool Archadis?

6. ron8675309

ron8675309 Exploding Salamander Of Exploding Salamanders

Yes, thank you! This must be what it's like to be one of those nuts that reject science. :p  I'll never get used to feathered dinosaurs/other prehistoric things that aren't Archaeopteryx.

7. Ragnar

Ragnar Fun with G1

Ebay:
    Thanks for posting your art, Matt. Not feelin' it personally, but I don't spend much time with comics of any universe. I'm much more a TF toy guy. Still, I appreciate your contribution to the diverse TF fandom. May the TF beastie lovers indulge!

8. Mixmaster

Mixmaster User of Dreamy Sleepy Nighty Snoozy Snooze™

News Credits:
    Absolutely love the art, Matt, thanks for posting it.

9. Ryan F

Ryan F Transform and Roll Out!

News Credits:
    Well, one way of getting used to feathered dinosaurs is to buy a pet canary. All modern birds = dinosaurs.

Great art, by the way. Good variation of bot modes; just goes to show that that not all fembots need a supermodel physique.

10. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Slice is easily my favourite too. Love that sleek body in both robot and raptor mode, and her eyes in beast mode are so... mesmerizing. :) 
    I do wonder where she keeps that giant gun in beast mode, though. :p  Part of it is the tail, no doubt, but it is as long as she is.
    Shred is adorable and despite the wicked talon-weapon, hard to take seriously. She reminds me of Nickel a bit.

I'm a biologist/zoologist, so I accept things that have proper scientific basis and proof behind them. Such as most Dromeosauridae (Velociraptor, Deinonychus) very likely being covered in feathers with vestigial wings. It's things like feathered T-rexes that irks me, considering they are not closely related and the fossil findings there are contradictory (we have scale pattern imprints fossils from many large Theropods).
    So, it is a bit odd here that Gnash (who being the "heavy" is most likely an Utahraptor) not being feathered, given how all of them turn into Raptors or Deinyonchuses.

Erm... that is a bit of an oversimplification of the Orders/Classes of the animal kingdom. With that logic you can also say "All Mammals are Therapsids" - true, they belong to the same Clade, but there is a rather large difference between say, a chimpansee and one of the early Therapsid reptiles.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
  11. Fallout

Fallout content in the same old schtick again

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    already bought BM rapticon to turn into slice, lol. love these designs

12. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    These look so cool! I love dinosaurs and raptors are really badass! Very awesome!

13. GrimlockPrimal

GrimlockPrimal Mini-Dino

On-topic; love that they have feathers! I still see naked, lizard-y dromaeosaurs too often in popular culture; good to see TF's breaking that norm more regularly.

Well, we do have feathered tyrannosaurs (namely Yutyrannus) that are from similar climates as Tyrannosaurus with full-body feather covering...and which are not that small compared to T.rex itself. Additionally, phylogenetic bracketing suggests T.rex had feathers, since every other coelurosaur clade has evidence of feathers. It's much more likely that Tyrannosaurus had feathers than it is that it lacked them.

Also, crocodile scutes and bird feathers share a common genetic link, and we have examples of non-theropod dinosaurs with feathers (Kulindadromeus) and other filamentous structures (Psittacosaurus). Not to mention pterosaur integument...

Anything that descends from a clade is automatically a member of said clade. Birds (clade Aves) descend from avialans, which are coelurosaurs, which are theropods, which are saurischians, which are dinosaurs; thus, birds are theropod dinosaurs, as they are descended from theropod dinosaurs and are anatomically connected to theropod dinosaurs.

It's why humans are called primates, even if we are radically derived from other primates. Organisms cannot become distinct families after descending from another organism.

14. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Toys of them please.

15. Tenebre

Tenebre Horrorcon

Thanks for sharing, Matt! These look so badass! Shame there won't likely be toys. Unless 3rd party wants to tackle them, which is unlikely since they have no major media attached to them. Gnash is my favorite because of the metal showing through the scales and the raptor arms serving as a second pair of arms in bot mode.